Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 01:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

My conscience is not 'me', Miss H, per se...I know that because 'me' wants to slap
someone upside the head...also, from when I was a child...my
conscience was an adult presence inside; a wise telepathic voice...
and I was very aware of 'something else' looking out of my eyes...not the 5 yr old that I was ...an Observer...
an Over Seer.

Too much information? Maybe for some poo-poohing my 5 yr old memories that are like yesterday.
So, what is the conscience...that thing that Jeffrey Dahmer did not have?

This is God related so not in psychology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 04:14 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Tell the spirit that converses with you ``Jesus Christ is Lord ``, and if the Spirit opposes this then rebuke the spirit to Jesus name ,............... See you can never rebuke the Holy Spirit by mistake to the name of Jesus Christ , as it never would be received an offence to God

Old 09-13-2018, 04:18 PM

I hope you're talking to someone else...I have no spirits talking to me, btw.
A conscience would be saying...Not a good idea to rob that bank, George.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:26 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Human being is a physical vehicle for Doer in the body. Doer in the body is part of Triune Self. Triune Self consists of three aspects, three in one minds - mind of Doer, Thinker, and Knower. Thinker, it its turn, is Rightness and Reason. Doer is Feeling and Desire, akin to male and female minds. Knower is in The Light of Intelligence.
Every thought of moral essence, is presented to the voice of Rightness and Reason of the Thinker mind. Thinker mind reviews it from those two aspects and either approves of it, or not. If not, a faint warning is issued to Doer.
That warning is your voice of conscience.
As, in other respects, Thinker is the mind responsible for Triune Self destiny, it is "god" to that Triune Self.
Ergo, you may consider voice of conscience to be voice of god. A holy spirit, so to speak.
Thoughts that bear no "moral" value, e.g., mathematical solutions, are not reviewed by Thinker.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:33 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Well, I personally believe that every person is born with the light of Christ in them. It doesn't matter where they're born or how they're raised; that light is there. I suppose it is roughly equivalent to "conscience." It's because of this belief that I feel that a person does not need to be a theist in order to commit a sin. As Christians, we think of a sin as being an intentional violation of a religious law. But nobody needs to have read the Bible or gone to Sunday School to know that murder is wrong. If I were to ask pretty much any atheist I've ever known whether he'd consider killing someone he disliked, provided he was 100% sure he'd never be caught, I think every last one would say, "No." And if pressed to give a reason, it would somehow be a variant of "It's wrong." It may not be "wrong" to him because of the biblical commandment, "Thou shalt not kill," but it would be a clear violation of his conscience.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:34 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My conscience is not 'me', Miss H, per se...I know that because 'me' wants to slap
someone upside the head...also, from when I was a child...my
conscience was an adult presence inside; a wise telepathic voice...
and I was very aware of 'something else' looking out of my eyes...not the 5 yr old that I was ...an Observer...
an Over Seer.

Too much information? Maybe for some poo-poohing my 5 yr old memories that are like yesterday.
So, what is the conscience...that thing that Jeffrey Dahmer did not have?

This is God related so not in psychology.
It's located in the lateral frontal pole of the prefrontal cortex. Most specifically in the right hemisphere. Helps us discern right from wrong and helps us to evaluate the wisdom of our actions. Helps us to avoid acting out on impulses that might not be benificial.

It is a component of the brain only found in humans.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:36 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
My voices of conscience are me and me alone. It's the beauty of the creation, as each of us is unique, NEVER two alike. Even identical twins aren't the same. I am not spoken through, and simply cannot subscribe to that notion.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I personally believe that every person is born with the light of Christ in them. It doesn't matter where they're born or how they're raised; that light is there. I suppose it is roughly equivalent to "conscience." It's because of this belief that I feel that a person does not need to be a theist in order to commit a sin. As Christians, we think of a sin as being an intentional violation of a religious law. But nobody needs to have read the Bible or gone to Sunday School to know that murder is wrong. If I were to ask pretty much any atheist I've ever known whether he'd consider killing someone he disliked, provided he was 100% sure he'd never be caught, I think every last one would say, "No." And if pressed to give a reason, it would somehow be a variant of "It's wrong." It may not be "wrong" to him because of the biblical commandment, "Thou shalt not kill," but it would be a clear violation of his conscience.
I related to this a lot. Btw:
John 1:9, KJV: "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
My voices of conscience are me and me alone. It's the beauty of the creation, as each of us is unique, NEVER two alike. Even identical twins aren't the same. I am not spoken through, and simply cannot subscribe to that notion.
Thank you for that take on it.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's located in the lateral frontal pole of the prefrontal cortex. Most specifically in the right hemisphere. Helps us discern right from wrong and helps us to evaluate the wisdom of our actions. Helps us to avoid acting out on impulses that might not be benificial.

It is a component of the brain only found in humans.
Thanks, eddie...I'm in my right brain a lot...that's why left brainers have a difficult time with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality