Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:22 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times

Advertisements

Christians have been told all their lives that Isaiah 53 perfectly describes Jesus. They've been told so many times that Isaiah 53 proves Jesus was God because he was prophesied in Isaiah 53 that they cannot think about Isaiah 53 without thinking about Jesus.

But Isaiah is not about Jesus at all. It only APPEARS to be because it's propaganda devised by the early church leaders to brainwash you into believing that.

On first glance, Isaiah 53 seems to be perfectly describing the story of Jesus' crucifixion and character because that's how the story of Jesus has evolved over the 100 years the gospels were being written and re-written. But notice the "he" in Isaiah 53 never uses the name, "Jesus". It never uses the term, "Messiah".

In actuality the "he" is perfectly identified in Isaiah 52 and other books of the Old Testament.

It is Israel.

Quote:
Isaiah 52:13 “Behold, My servant will prosper.” Israel in the singular is called God’s servant throughout Isaiah, explicitly (Isa. 41:8-9; 44:1-2; 45:4; 48:20; 49:3) and implicitly (Isa. 42:19-20; 43:10)the Messiah is not.
Quote:
Other references to Israel as God’s servant include Jer. 30:10 (note that in Jer. 30:17, the servant Israel is regarded by the nations as an outcast, forsaken by God, as in Isa. 53:4); Jer. 46:27-28; Ps. 136:22; Lk. 1:54.
Quote:
52:15 – 53:1 “So shall he (the servant) startle many nations, the kings will stand speechless; For that which had not been told them they shall see and that which they had not heard shall they ponder. Who would believe what we have heard?”
There is so much proof Isaiah 42-53 is NOT about Jesus that I cannot possibly post it all in this post No 1. I will add all the proof to this thread as the conversation goes along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 10:37 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Sorry. I believe Matthew, Luke, John, Peter and Paul over you. I've seen no evidence whatsoever to believe a word you say over God's inspired Scripture.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:53 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Sorry. I believe Matthew, Luke, John, Peter and Paul over you. I've seen no evidence whatsoever to believe a word you say over God's inspired Scripture.
The Bible is NOT inspired by God. You're going to learn that one of these days, Fundie.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:54 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:

Nor will you ever, as long as you choose to remain a close-minded fundie.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nor will you ever, as long as you choose to remain a close-minded fundie.
pot....meet the kettle.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The Bible is NOT inspired by God. You're going to learn that one of these days, Fundie.
Of course it is. You simply stating that with no real evidence otherwise is akin to the flat-earther nonsensically stating his beliefs. You can claim what you want. It's just a claim. No reason to believe you over anyone else.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
If you are Jewish and accept the predominant position -you definitely believe Jesus is not the messiah
But I have not seen anybody else to step up to take the job
As to inspired works of course it is -portions that is - so is Quran & sutras of Buddhism
They all are

Old 09-05-2018, 11:06 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Of course it is. You simply stating that with no real evidence otherwise is akin to the flat-earther nonsensically stating his beliefs. You can claim what you want. It's just a claim. No reason to believe you over anyone else.
You've got to be kidding. Thrill has posted so much evidence about the errors and fallibility of the bible in totality, that you'd have to be purposely avoiding Thrill's posts to have missed it all.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:09 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Christians have been told all their lives that Isaiah 53 perfectly describes Jesus. They've been told so many times that Isaiah 53 proves Jesus was God because he was prophesied in Isaiah 53 that they cannot think about Isaiah 53 without thinking about Jesus.

But Isaiah is not about Jesus at all. It only APPEARS to be because it's propaganda devised by the early church leaders to brainwash you into believing that.

On first glance, Isaiah 53 seems to be perfectly describing the story of Jesus' crucifixion and character because that's how the story of Jesus has evolved over the 100 years the gospels were being written and re-written. But notice the "he" in Isaiah 53 never uses the name, "Jesus". It never uses the term, "Messiah".

In actuality, the "he" is perfectly identified in Isaiah 52 and other books of the Old Testament. It is Israel.

There is so much proof Isaiah 42-53 is NOT about Jesus that I cannot possibly post it all in this post No 1. I will add all the proof to this thread as the conversation goes along.
If you believe Prophecy is supposed to be Divination and the expectations of the Israelites are what determine how the prophecy should be interpreted carnally then what you say would be reasonable. But we are warned NOT to think of prophecy as Divination so the ONLY way any prophecy is validated is by the subsequent events matching the prophecy in the future. That is exactly what has happened with Isaiah for millennia. That is pretty strong prophecy compared to an unvalidated worldly Messiah for over 2000+ years. You can continue to believe that a worldly Messiah has yet to come or accept the obvious that the Messiah Jesus the Christ has come and been validated by millennia of confirming facts. If you are even remotely reasonable you would recognize that Jesus is and has been the Messiah in uncounted ways throughout the world.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-05-2018 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You've got to be kidding. Thrill has posted so much evidence about the errors and fallibility of the bible in totality, that you'd have to be purposely avoiding Thrill's posts to have missed it all.
where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality