Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2021, 10:41 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
We all know the biblical story of how mankind fell because the eating of the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

So, lets wonder what would have happened if Eve and Adam didn't try that fruit.

Who can answer:
  • What was God's original plan for man?
  • Was there a heaven before original sin?
  • How big was the Garden of Eden?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
In your first sentence you changed the name of a tree named by God from the tree of knowledge of good and evil to "the tree of knowledge"...

And then proceed to ask questions. Which contradicts. As you also leave out the beguiling lie part in your second sentence. Trying to express it in a cleaned up and innocent manner, leaving out the lying beguiling word pollution the satan/serpent introduced. And also referring to the Woman according to the name she was given after the sin.

To answer your questions under you intro to them, would only be seeking an endorsement of your framing.

So when you ask questions about origin, I look at the framing in your first two sentences and the beguiling manner they are written as expressing proof of your origin in your claims. Changing the name of a tree named by God to a name that sounds desirable, just as the satan/serpent sought to do in his beguiling lie as he claimed his word over and above God's word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I have no desire to click on your link. You can try to claim that as your leg to stand on if you want.

It is clearly given the name "tree of knowledge of good and evil" and it is a tree named by God, as it is written in God's word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 12:48 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Dark Matter has the best answer to that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAITI0ULFxg

The short answer is, God screwed Man up intentionally and Blamed us for it.
Seems that way, doesn't it? Almost like Munchausen.

Old 12-13-2021, 02:31 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I disagree, SoCalAngel. In order for God’s children to become immortal, they must be "born again" as Spirit beings that have a character that resonates with His, i.e., His Divine Agape Love, aka His Holy Spirit as described and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus on the Cross.

We accomplish that by adopting the states of mind associated with agape love during our mortal lives. Opposite states of mind will be refined out as dross upon our mortal death and rebirth as Spirit. Any other neutral states of mind are not wasted because they contribute to the development of our character and individuality.
Mystic, we’re very close to being on the same page. In my studies, being born again means that our soul - which is encased in a spirit body that is inside of our physical body - becomes totally transformed with God’s Divine Love (which you call Agape Love). And this is accomplished by prayer and/or our soul longings. We feel it in our heart area as it flows into our soul. This is what happened with Jesus before he began his ministry. This transformation, i.e., having the same Divine Love attributes as God has - a blissful happiness, unconditional love for everyone, a peace within, patience, humility, etc. This is also called the “Christ†principle.

At death, our spirit body with our soul, moves to the spirit world (Heaven and Hell). While we have the opportunity to become completely transformed while we’re still here, it’s more likely that we will continue on this path until we reach the Celestial Heavens. When this happens, we’re assured of immortality. This is where Jesus and his disciples and many more well-known spirits live. These spirits are called Divine Angels.

Old 12-13-2021, 02:36 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Jesus wrote a book? I don't think so.
Spirit communication by way of automatic writing from 1914-1920.

Old 12-13-2021, 03:24 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Spirit communication by way of automatic writing from 1914-1920.
Harkening back to my thread about woo.

Old 12-13-2021, 04:20 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
The fall was part of God's plan, as His plan from the the foundation of the world was to save His people. Why? For love. So that His chosen, redeemed people will love and worship Him forever. God has already determined beforehand all things that occur in time. It's just as easy for God to create a perfect world (one in which suffering is unnecessary and nonexistent) as it is for Him to create a fallen one. So why do we live in a fallen one with evil? It's not because of man's will, but God's. God does all things according to His will. And, in accordance with His will, I will worship, love, serve, praise, and belong to Him forever. I am not my own. I was bought with a price. I am His slave forever.

Old 12-14-2021, 12:03 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The fall was part of God's plan, as His plan from the the foundation of the world was to save His people. Why? For love. So that His chosen, redeemed people will love and worship Him forever.
What sort of a sick monster do you worship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
God has already determined beforehand all things that occur in time. It's just as easy for God to create a perfect world (one in which suffering is unnecessary and nonexistent) as it is for Him to create a fallen one. So why do we live in a fallen one with evil? It's not because of man's will, but God's. God does all things according to His will. And, in accordance with His will, I will worship, love, serve, praise, and belong to Him forever. I am not my own. I was bought with a price. I am His slave forever.
So no free will. Your god has determined who will suffer for eternity, and there is nothing anyone can do about it, because they are like a character in a book.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:45 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,614,590 times
There is no plan. Having a plan is silly.
What would be the point to it?
Think about it.
You have a hypothetical eternal being. Do you imagine the potential boredom of eternity? And then that being chooses to create a universe and humanity. Great, now the fun starts.
But no, that being, being omniscient, creates a plan? Why? Just to know, how it will all develop in its tiniest spec? How boring is THAT?

No, the right way is to create and let it develop on its own. And, immerse itself into never ending surprises of ever developing universe and its inhabitants.
Continuous creation and development, not stagnation of a PLAN.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:05 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,233,374 times
i wouldn't call it a "plan"
but i think humankind is put here for a few reasons:
to recognize and figure out that separation is an illusion.
to recognize and identify what is real and what is not.
to recognize that everything in our bubble of "daily life" is what we have created.
and take responsibility for everything in our world because after all hey we created it.
and then learn how it is we have created it
and then fine tune those steps so we create consciously.

made in his image means we are creators. we are already doing this "without awareness" of how we are doing it. so as we gain awareness we decide to do it consciously. whether it is creating our next incarnation, our next lifetime on this planet.
or whether it is seeding life on the next planet and, well, doing it all again.

why? because we can.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:50 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i wouldn't call it a "plan"
but i think humankind is put here for a few reasons:
to recognize and figure out that separation is an illusion.
to recognize and identify what is real and what is not.
to recognize that everything in our bubble of "daily life" is what we have created.
and take responsibility for everything in our world because after all hey we created it.
and then learn how it is we have created it
and then fine tune those steps so we create consciously.

made in his image means we are creators. we are already doing this "without awareness" of how we are doing it. so as we gain awareness we decide to do it consciously. whether it is creating our next incarnation, our next lifetime on this planet.
or whether it is seeding life on the next planet and, well, doing it all again.

why? because we can.
I won't quibble with this post because of two words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality