Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 12:56 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Who said anyone had free will?
Well, how can one choose to sin if there is no free will?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 12:59 PM

63,824 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God's original and only plan is for us to overcome and endure this physical existence to grow and develop into mature loving spirits ready to be "born again" as spirits upon our physical demise.
Quote:
Despite never actually SAYING that to anyone in Scripture.
Jesus said that to Nicodemus but it was not understood and still isn't. Paul elaborated on it in 1st Corinthians 15 and still, no one seems to grasp it. The conditioning to a worldly and natural carnal mind is powerful and it is difficult to communicate spiritual things and have them understood, as Jesus also said.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:07 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Jesus said that to Nicodemus but it was not understood and still isn't. Paul elaborated on it in 1st Corinthians 15 and still, no one seems to grasp it. The conditioning to a worldly and natural carnal mind is powerful and it is difficult to communicate spiritual things and have them understood, as Jesus also said.
Sorry. I don't believe one who picks and chooses which Scriptures to believe is qualified to say what Scripture means.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:22 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Sorry. I don't believe one who picks and chooses which Scriptures to believe is qualified to say what Scripture means.
And I don't believe that one who doesn't cherry pick is actually thinking.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And I don't believe that one who doesn't cherry pick is actually thinking.

Old 12-23-2021, 11:35 AM

269 posts, read 329,706 times
Quote:
Beside the fact that one who cherrypicks presents a biased viewpoint.

Old 12-23-2021, 11:52 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
We all know the biblical story of how mankind fell because the eating of the fruit from the tree of knowledge.
So, lets wonder what would have happened if Eve and Adam didn't try that fruit.
Who can answer:
  • What was God's original plan for man?
  • Was there a heaven before original sin?
  • How big was the Garden of Eden?
Original 'purpose' was for us to live forever on Earth in perfect health and happiness.
Psalm 37 lets us know humble meek people will inherit Earth which ties in with Jesus' promise at Matthew 5:5.

No, Heaven was created for angelic life.
People do No turn into angels.

Those few called to heavenly life are like the people of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18 (as saints or holy ones, Not to be angels )
Original sin was the first lie, the lie told by Satan - Gen. 3:4
How big or how small is of No real importance because as Adam and Eve had children they were to continue to populate and enlarge the sample Garden of Eden until ALL of Earth was like the beautiful paradisical Garden of Eden .

Old 12-23-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Since I use JESUS CHRIST as the source of my picking and choosing, I disagree because Jesus IS the Truth, the Way, and the Life. IF He cannot be relied upon then nothing can be, certainly not the UNTESTED Bible verses written by our ignorant primitive ancestors.

Old 12-23-2021, 12:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Since I use JESUS CHRIST as the source of my picking and choosing, I disagree because Jesus IS the Truth, the Way, and the Life. IF He cannot be relied upon then nothing can be, certainly not the UNTESTED Bible verses written by our ignorant primitive ancestors.
How do you know what Jesus says?

Old 12-23-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
How do you know what Jesus says?
By understanding the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness that Jesus described in detail and then unambiguously demonstrated on the Cross despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. There is no way God is the wrathful, vengeful War God that our ignorant ancestors believed Him to be. Given what He forgave our ancestors for on the Cross because of their ignorance, He certainly would never have been angry enough to curse our progenitors and all their descendants over a single act of disobedience, especially when it was done in complete ignorance about good and evil.

You make no effort to understand the "mind of Christ" so you do not know the "mind of God." You blindly accept everything written in the Bible without even trying to ask yourself if it makes any sense or if it is compatible or consistent with the God revealed by Jesus. Odd, that you actually consider yourself a Christian who follows Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality