Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 08:04 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
someone who can't stop talking about how horrible their ex is 30 years later, yes bold above definitely applies
Depends on the reason. If one is discussing the past to help others avoid the same fate, then no. As I said, you have some psychological need to denigrate them for discussing something they don’t believe in. Yet you go to the atheist area to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 08:52 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
A false claim by you, but what else is new . There are lots of atheists interested in discussing religion and why they left it, especially their particular brand. There is no requirement to quit thinking about or talking about religion once you are no longer following it. They often see themselves as helping others who might be in the same situation and beginning to wonder . In addition, atheists who have been marginalized in society over the decades or centuries have an interest in seeing the power of religion wane, so that they aren’t discriminated against for not being religious. This often comes by discussing and exposing religion. Why do you spend time in the atheist area if you have no interest in it or becoming one?
bold above
= a savior complex

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-26-2021 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-26-2021, 10:29 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,429 times
Quote:
bold above
= a savior complex
Above= your opinion only

Most anyone who has been in a harmful situation would try and help others in the same situation. Thats called a compassionate human nature, not a savior complex.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:12 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
someone who can't stop talking about how horrible their ex is 30 years later, yes bold above definitely applies
There is a difference between an old relationship and religion that is happening now, oh queen of the false comparison.

Old 03-23-2022, 12:34 AM

29 posts, read 15,350 times
Smile  

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad
  • What was God's original plan for man?
Well this I think I can answer......

I think God wanted peopke to be loving and caring to each other and be accepting regardless......

Some of us are still trying to do this.......

I was out on my bike tonight and I went by someones house who had a truck in the deriveway that had its lights on.... I was worried his battery would die by morning so I knocked on his door and told him (He was happy and gave me thumbs up)

Sadly not many are like this anymore and I think God is very sad I think......

Old 03-23-2022, 12:51 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winipcfg View Post
Well this I think I can answer......

I think God wanted peopke to be loving and caring to each other and be accepting regardless......

Some of us are still trying to do this.......

I was out on my bike tonight and I went by someones house who had a truck in the deriveway that had its lights on.... I was worried his battery would die by morning so I knocked on his door and told him (He was happy and gave me thumbs up)

Sadly not many are like this anymore and I think God is very sad I think......
How big was the Garden of Eden? I had three questions, not one.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:15 PM

29 posts, read 15,350 times
Yup I realise that....... I dont know the answer to the other 2 or even if my answer is right to what I posted above but I am assuming it is......... I cant see any other purpose for us all being collected here but to be nice/loving to each other which sadly isnt happening for the most part.... Maybe it was at 1 point but sadly not anymore.....

Old 03-24-2022, 04:44 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
How big was the Garden of Eden? I had three questions, not one.
The Garden of Eden was located at the Tigress and Euphrates rivers - Genesis 3:10-14
Sometimes this area called the cross roads of civilization.
God's purpose was that Eden should be expanded to cover the whole earth.
God has Not abandoned His purpose.
Kind of like if you were out working in your garden and someone came along and interrupted you.
Would you say because you were interrupted you would never go back to your garden?
Rather, once the interruption was over you would go back to your garden.
Satan and Adam threw a monkey wrench into God's garden.
Once this interruption is over mankind will go back to God's original purpose to have earth a paradisical garden.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:09 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The Garden of Eden was located at the Tigress and Euphrates rivers - Genesis 3:10-14
Sometimes this area called the cross roads of civilization.
God's purpose was that Eden should be expanded to cover the whole earth.
God has Not abandoned His purpose.
Kind of like if you were out working in your garden and someone came along and interrupted you.
Would you say because you were interrupted you would never go back to your garden?
Rather, once the interruption was over you would go back to your garden.
Satan and Adam threw a monkey wrench into God's garden.
Once this interruption is over mankind will go back to God's original purpose to have earth a paradisical garden.

I've never seen any evidence of any of this. I have read about similar things in a book filled with mythology about a pagan god appearing to humans and walking with them and casting terrible curses upon the earth and impregnating a female who bore a god child. It was a book of Greek mythology and the god was Zeus and the child was Hercules. Oh, there is another book of mythological tales of talking serpents and a worldwide flood and a pagan god impregnating a female who also bore a god child. It is a book called the Bible and this pagan god was Yahweh and the child was called Jesus.

However, what I do see in the world--the real world--is an earth devoid of any supernatural activity, miracles, supernatural beings appearing to humans. This world at present is being destroyed by humans causing climate change and the earth to warm to an unlivable temperature within the next 100 years if it isn't destroyed first by nuclear war. I see no evidence of an Eden springing up to replace it by some supernatural divine intervention. This we call "reality".

Old 03-25-2022, 11:14 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
posts like these, when atheists can't stop talking about theology, and go on and on and on about what they supposedly have no interest in and left behind decades ago, always remind me of someone who broke up with their ex and supposedly has no use for their ex, but hey they just can't stop talking about their ex even 10, 20, 30 years later. clearly they still are enmeshed with their ex.

You miss the whole point. We're not in here to convince you otherwise. We'd have a greater chance of launching ourselves to the moon. The whole purpose of us being here--mine at least--is to talk indirectly to lurkers who might be on the fence about whether to become Christians or not. Christians are incapable of giving anything other than the propaganda that's been drilled into them from the cradle. I at least have been on both sides of the fence and therefore can speak from experience that ridding oneself from all the crazy dogma, endless confusion on interpretation, and outright lies the church perpetrates to keep the money rolling in--dumping all that can be the most liberating feeling in the world. My life improved considerably since I threw all that religious nonsense into the garbage can. I have never looked back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality