Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 07:43 PM

22,210 posts, read 19,238,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I will pray for the best outcome.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 08:03 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and for many many billions of people, the holy and the sacred are known and proven to exist also, for those billions of people in their own lives.

and no, i'm not promoting any "rules" or "protected conversations." of course people can (and do) say and post whatever they want. it's a public forum. i'm just pointing out how and why and when their views are not taken seriously. just like my views on hockey strategy or wine-tasting would not be taken seriously in a hockey forum or vineyard thread, by those fluent in hockey and wine-tasting. and with good reason. particularly if i claim hockey does not exist, and i am a teetotaler.
What I bolded...that is the problem.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:11 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No it's not.
Not for the vast majority that can perceive such.
The REAL issue is the few lacking that perceptive ability declaring it a problem.
I will pray for them.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
so you have a problem with it. that makes it your problem.
the existence of the Creator is not a problem for the other billions and billions of people.
the thread topic is "God's original plan for humankind". and more recently in the thread was being discussed the related "made in God's image."

Old 03-31-2022, 08:47 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
so you have a problem with it. that makes it your problem.
the existence of the Creator is not a problem for the other billions and billions of people.
the thread topic is "God's original plan for humankind". and more recently in the thread was being discussed the related "made in God's image."
I guess that means that your problem with atheists is, indeed, your problem.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:54 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Let's try this again:
No, it's not.
And it isn't a problem for the vast majority that can perceive such.
The REAL issue is the few (mostly Atheists) lacking that perceptive ability declaring it a problem.
I will pray for them.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:55 PM

1,480 posts, read 480,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And are we made in God's image? Is this a belief or a fact?

And not even every religion makes that claim.
If you can't see past yourself, how can you expect to see God or know the Messiah, God's firstborn.

In the serpents beguiling lie he claimed to be the one who bears first light, and assumed the name "Light Bearer" upon himself and said that in following his word and denying God's word that their eyes would be opened to beginning light, mocking what had already been spoken and revealed, and seeking the denial of it, while claiming the birthing of it upon himself. But in his beguiling lie, was not seeing anything past or beyond themselves and full of self-focus, egocentric.

The sin is being god's unto themselves, and that is the word seed the Satan sowed. As the Satan called himself the "Holy See", praising God out of one side of his mouth while forsaking and bastardizing God's word out of the other side of his mouth.

If you want to talk about humility, there is nothing more humiliating than Death, and that Death was accepted. Born eternally separate and before the egocentric one, who knows life after Death as he returned to the Life he knew before Death. Returning to that from which he came.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:10 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
I think what he is saying is that when you see a glass of wine or a hockey puck...

That is proof of the existence of God.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
atheism is not a problem any more than an empty room is a problem. it's simply empty. nothing there. atheism = lack of belief in deity. it's very definition is a lack. a void. i simply recognize therefore inherent in atheism the lack of ability to discuss with any fluency for instance the topics of this thread, i.e. "God's original plan for mankind" and " the related "made in God's image," the holy and the sacred in humanity and in daily life. atheism contributes nothing and offers nothing and contains nothing on those topics.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-31-2022 at 10:01 PM..

Old 03-31-2022, 09:54 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
If you can't see past yourself, how can you expect to see God or know the Messiah, God's firstborn.

In the serpents beguiling lie he claimed to be the one who bears first light, and assumed the name "Light Bearer" upon himself and said that in following his word and denying God's word that their eyes would be opened to beginning light, mocking what had already been spoken and revealed, and seeking the denial of it, while claiming the birthing of it upon himself. But in his beguiling lie, was not seeing anything past or beyond themselves and full of self-focus, egocentric.

The sin is being god's unto themselves, and that is the word seed the Satan sowed. As the Satan called himself the "Holy See", praising God out of one side of his mouth while forsaking and bastardizing God's word out of the other side of his mouth.

If you want to talk about humility, there is nothing more humiliating than Death, and that Death was accepted. Born eternally separate and before the egocentric one, who knows life after Death as he returned to the Life he knew before Death. Returning to that from which he came.
I am a Jewish atheist

Which part of that do you have a problem with.

The real egotistical folks are the ones that believe that their belief is 100%correct and the rest have mental.problems for not belieing the exact same thing.

Disagreeing is not mocking and yoy have definetely violate of your ten commandments uf you accused me if doing so.I

Get off your high horse it makes you look sully and intolerant. Your religious rant has no effect on none Christians and just shows how little regard you have towards arheists, Jews, Muslims abd alk other non Christians. It sad that so many Christians can stand no disagreement on Christianity but are so quick to insult all non Christians. That includes yourself, BaptistFundie, MysricPHd and Goldie. It seems like it are the theists who cannot stomach views ifher than their ones. Fortunately most if the atheists who were that way no longer post but the theists keeo attacking those who do not believe the same as mockers and in tune wirh Satan and other garbage, lies and misrepresentation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality