Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2022, 11:10 AM

50,844 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You arw certainly not worth the effort to repost them plus I doubt yoy would even admit that they are bashing. Ill keep my eyes open and reply to your next bash.
And he knows that it's rarely worth the effort to go back and search for quotations from old posts. He relies on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 11:19 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In other words, two wrongs make a right. Or, the ends justify the means. Or, when they go low, I go...low, too. Great morality system!
Nope. Just one wrong...called out.
I noted this past circumstance: https://www.city-data.com/forum/63106255-post111.html
Everyone thought what he did was low...nobody thought what I did was low, they thought it was right & appropriate.
But my specific & direct description of what you are doing is now proscribed.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:28 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
views expressed in your posts (i.e. calling it "egocentric" "amusing" "beyond reasonable" "beyond humble") indicate and demonstrate that you are ignorant of (lacking knowledge and awareness) what it means for humankind to be "made in God's image"
Interesting that now you CAN speak for humankind. Amusing too. Tell you this...

I've known plenty enough people who are egocentric just as I describe. Thinking the world revolves around them, and since the great majority of the people I know are religious, or people I know about, there is a great deal of truth about what I explain in this regard. Not all people. Not you perhaps, but who doesn't see how so many people are inclined toward self-centeredness? Going all the way back in history to present day.

Sure seems to me the notion that man was made in God's image is indicative of that sort of self-centeredness, but again that's just one of many examples that suggest we humans are inclined that way. All too many, and yes. That is my opinion. No need to waste anyone's time point that out again.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nope. Just one wrong...called out.
I noted this past circumstance: https://www.city-data.com/forum/63106255-post111.html
Everyone thought what he did was low...nobody thought what I did was low, they thought it was right & appropriate.
But my specific & direct description of what you are doing is now proscribed.
Perhaps, instead of summarily dismissing how several of us critique your postings, you ought to actually consider what others are saying. At least a moral person would.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I guess that means that your problem with atheists is, indeed, your problem.
The problem has been addressed many times by many of us and yet again in another thread by me just moments ago, but unfortunately many of those clarifications are either ignored, misunderstood, purposely misrepresented or not read at all, so it sometimes gets a little exhausting to keep swatting at these comments that are forever off the mark and as such all the more annoying over time. So...

What choice do we have but to ignore them?

Old 04-01-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Interesting that now you CAN speak for humankind. Amusing too. Tell you this...

I've known plenty enough people who are egocentric just as I describe. Thinking the world revolves around them, and since the great majority of the people I know are religious, or people I know about, there is a great deal of truth about what I explain in this regard. Not all people. Not you perhaps, but who doesn't see how so many people are inclined toward self-centeredness? Going all the way back in history to present day.

Sure seems to me the notion that man was made in God's image is indicative of that sort of self-centeredness, but again that's just one of many examples that suggest we humans are inclined that way. All too many, and yes. That is my opinion. No need to waste anyone's time point that out again.
You have to remember that she will even take a religion that denies a creator god and twist it around to make it also a path to god. It sorta reminds me of OCD.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The problem has been addressed many times by many of us and yet again in another thread by me just moments ago, but unfortunately many of those clarifications are either ignored, misunderstood, purposely misrepresented or not read at all, so it sometimes gets a little exhausting to keep swatting at these comments that are forever off the mark and as such all the more annoying over time. So...

What choice do we have but to ignore them?
Ignoring the behavior seems counterproductive to searching for truth.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
so you have a problem with it. that makes it your problem.
the existence of the Creator is not a problem for the other billions and billions of people.
the thread topic is "God's original plan for humankind". and more recently in the thread was being discussed the related "made in God's image."
No one has a problem while people "stay in their lane" as Phet often tries to explain. It's when people veer from their lane with their religious beliefs so as to "encroach" on others who don't share their beliefs, that we ALL have a problem. Needless to say, the belief in a god is what has too many people encroaching on others in all too many negative ways, but not all religious people. Just too many.

Can you make these sorts of important distinctions? Everyone really should.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think what he is saying is that when you see a glass of wine or a hockey puck...

That is proof of the existence of God.
I worry you are more right than wrong...

Old 04-01-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
atheism is not a problem any more than an empty room is a problem. it's simply empty. nothing there. atheism = lack of belief in deity. it's very definition is a lack. a void. i simply recognize therefore inherent in atheism the lack of ability to discuss with any fluency for instance the topics of this thread, i.e. "God's original plan for mankind" and " the related "made in God's image," the holy and the sacred in humanity and in daily life. atheism contributes nothing and offers nothing and contains nothing on those topics.
I'm not sure I've ever read anything more respectful of a difference of opinion than this comment here! Inspiring too!

Now that I think about it, not to believe in everything ever written or everything anyone claims as true can be seen as one massive black hole of not believing! An "empty room" much like the universe is mostly a massive vacuum. Can't fill that vacuum with planets that aren't there however. That's the sort of rub that atheist have to deal with. Can't make believe.

Recognizing reality for what it is may not be the empty room you think it is. The effort to know the truth certainly isn't an empty prospect either. For those of us who don't share the same room as you, what is empty to you is quite full and marvelous to us.

Good luck trying to grasp that one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality