Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 09:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Sometimes I wonder why any of us who believe in God even bother responding when we know that no matter what we say, it's just going to be met with ridicule.
Not if you place them on your Ignore List! It's a little slice of Heaven..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 09:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
God's just like you and me...He likes to watch movies.
He even plays them again and again.
He needed to be entertained...cuz of boredom...so voila !
No plan...just see what happens....comedy, tragedy, love and hate, shame and triumph...
It's an Epic Play. Not so complicated.
It's what I would do if I were all alone for eternity.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:28 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
I wonder about the circumstances surrounding their becoming intimate for the first time. Apparently until after they ate the forbidden fruit, they didn't even realize they were naked.
Good question. After all, isn't that what lead to the dissolution of his first marriage with Lilith?!

Old 10-20-2018, 03:53 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
If Adam and Eve and the current descendants would of ignored the devil , then the devil and his works would of been out and would not be able to temp people again ......... See Jesus and Adam had the same purpose for God , Jesus was placed in the wilderness and resisted the devil , and God protected Jesus from the devil throughout His life before the cross , as demons were just pushes away from Jesus , where the devil could only bother Jesus through other men

Old 10-20-2018, 04:13 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
If Adam and Eve and the current descendants would of ignored the devil , then the devil and his works would of been out and would not be able to temp people again ......... See Jesus and Adam had the same purpose for God , Jesus was placed in the wilderness and resisted the devil , and God protected Jesus from the devil throughout His life before the cross , as demons were just pushes away from Jesus , where the devil could only bother Jesus through other men
What a load! Are you another ignorant christian that’s unaware that Jesus IS god?

Didn’t the devil know Jesus was the devils creator?

Who was there, other then Jesus and the devil, to document this unbelievable story?

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 10-20-2018 at 04:25 AM..

Old 10-20-2018, 05:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
I wonder about the circumstances surrounding their becoming intimate for the first time. Apparently until after they ate the forbidden fruit, they didn't even realize they were naked.
Adam and Chava were commanded to be fruitful and multiply while they were still in Gan Eden...This is why the Hebrew text is read as “And Adam had known his wife” instead of the English translation “knew”...In the Hebrew it implies that before the transgression Cain and Abel were conceived and born before exiting Gan Eden...This explanation is found in the Stone’s Edition of the Interlinear Chumash...

Old 10-20-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

G-d did not say the He would make her pains in childbearing very severe, but that He would increase them, which implies that she already knew what it felt like to bear children, otherwise, how could they be increased if there was no starting point or reference point for her to realize that they had been increased?...This is also why it is written in Hebrew that “Adam had known his wife, Chava” instead of “knew”, because “had known” implies that this took place in Gan Eden...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

16 To the woman He said, "I shall surely increase your sorrow and your pregnancy; in pain you shall bear children. And to your husband will be your desire, and he will rule over you."

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 4

1 Now the man knew his wife Eve, and she conceived and bore Cain, and she said, "I have acquired a man with the Lord."

Rashi:

Now the man knew: [This took place], prior to the above episode, before he sinned and was banished from the Garden of Eden. Also the conception and the birth [took place before], for if it were written: וַיֵּדַע אָדָם it would mean that after he had been banished, he had sons. — [from Sanh. 38b]

Cain: Heb. קַיִן, based on קָנִיתִי, I acquired.

with the Lord: Heb. אֶת יהוה, like עִם יהוה, with the Lord. When He created me and my husband, He alone created us, but with this one, we are partners with Him. — [from Gen. Rabbah 22:2, Mid. Tadshei, Niddah 31a]

Cain… his brother Abel: Heb. אֶת קַיִן אֶת אָחִיו אֶת הָבֶל. The word אֶת is repeated three times to suggest additional things. This teaches that a twin sister was born with Cain, and with Abel were born two. Therefore, it is said: וַתֹּסֶף, and she continued, or added. — [from Gen. Rabbah 22:2, 3]

Old 10-20-2018, 05:34 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d did not say the He would make her pains in childbearing very severe, but that He would increase them, which implies that she already knew what it felt like to bear children, otherwise, how could they be increased if there was no starting point or reference point for her to realize that they had been increased?...This is also why it is written in Hebrew that “Adam had known his wife, Chava” instead of “knew”, because “had known” implies that this took place in Gan Eden...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

16 To the woman He said, "I shall surely increase your sorrow and your pregnancy; in pain you shall bear children. And to your husband will be your desire, and he will rule over you."

New International Version
To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
https://biblehub.com/genesis/3-16.htm

Old 10-20-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
New International Version
To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
https://biblehub.com/genesis/3-16.htm
My version is from the Torah, not some watered down version...

Old 10-20-2018, 05:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
God's just like you and me...He likes to watch movies.
He even plays them again and again.
He needed to be entertained...cuz of boredom...so voila !
No plan...just see what happens....comedy, tragedy, love and hate, shame and triumph...
It's an Epic Play. Not so complicated.
It's what I would do if I were all alone for eternity.
imagine your brain constructing the movie within itself? Constructing the "epic play" within itself? like you imagining soring? that's what the universe is doing. We are the universe having a human experience. easy does it mystic and gray.

I agree about the part that the universe is just "living the now" just like us. I also agree that it has more "nows" than we can ever conceive of in this human body.

I can't even conceive of the horror of being trapped in this body forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality