Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 03:25 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
After 13 pages..

What does this thread have to do with religion and spirituality?
Three of my four grandparents escaped the Polgroms of Tsarist Russia and probably relatives died under Stalin or hitler all because of their religion. There are posts on this very thread that show distain if not hatred to a group of people simply because of their religion.

Anti semetic attacks have been on a rapid rise the last couple of years and yet Christians state that they are the persecuted religion in the USA. Hating someone or being hated by someone solely based on their religion has lots to do with this forum as far as I can see.

A favour I do ask from those claiming that Jews hold all the power and are rich, please inform me of where I can apply for my share as much of my life I lived below the poverty line.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:51 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It is solely based on IGNORANCE..
Indeed it is.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:03 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Three of my four grandparents escaped the Polgroms of Tsarist Russia and probably relatives died under Stalin or hitler all because of their religion. There are posts on this very thread that show distain if not hatred to a group of people simply because of their religion.

Anti semetic attacks have been on a rapid rise the last couple of years and yet Christians state that they are the persecuted religion in the USA. Hating someone or being hated by someone solely based on their religion has lots to do with this forum as far as I can see.

A favour I do ask from those claiming that Jews hold all the power and are rich, please inform me of where I can apply for my share as much of my life I lived below the poverty line.
My great-grandparents' family lived in a little town that was on the last stop on the underground railroad out of Tsarist Russia. Most people are not aware that there was an underground railroad.

As for Jews holding the power & are rich, I would like to know where I can sign up, too.

Cat

Old 11-01-2018, 04:06 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
Some modern day Christian religions have simply transferred anti-Semitism into anti-Catholicism. Or anti-Muslim.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:20 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My great-grandparents' family lived in a little town that was on the last stop on the underground railroad out of Tsarist Russia. Most people are not aware that there was an underground railroad.

As for Jews holding the power & are rich, I would like to know where I can sign up, too.

Cat
Of I find out I will let you know. I would be interested in knowing about this underground railway. The only story I remember is my one grandfather hid one night in a hay stack and someone came during the night a thrust a hay fork in several times looking for them. He was only 5 I think when he got out and came to Canada

Old 11-01-2018, 04:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Some modern day Christian religions have simply transferred anti-Semitism into anti-Catholicism. Or anti-Muslim.

Haters gotta hate.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:03 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Of I find out I will let you know. I would be interested in knowing about this underground railway. The only story I remember is my one grandfather hid one night in a hay stack and someone came during the night a thrust a hay fork in several times looking for them. He was only 5 I think when he got out and came to Canada
I can't find the info right now. My sister is working on a biography of our great-grandparents and she came across some of the info. They were from a little town I believe close to Germany but I'm not too sure if it was part of Poland or Ukraine. Those borders were constantly changing. I do know when they came to the US, they came through Castle Garden-BEFORE Ellis Island opened.

I will try to find the info for you.

Cat

Old 11-01-2018, 07:54 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Too many pages to read....The fact that Jews did not get the Black Plaque in the 'Dark Ages' didn't help...
I read.
Their dietary laws helped them...it said. How? I don't rem....maybe their immune systems were better?
Also they are good in Business...lots of jealousy there.
Bubonic plague's relative lack of impact on the Jews probably had more to do with sanitation than dietary laws.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:20 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Its been reported that the colleges and universities are manipulating student to be anti-Semitic by extremist left wing professors by reports of John Hagee who is a Christian supporter for Israel

Old 11-02-2018, 03:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Bubonic plague's relative lack of impact on the Jews probably had more to do with sanitation than dietary laws.
Yea, like washing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality