Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How do you know that they didn’t censor it themselves?...
Do keep up. The point I was making was that it was not censored. Not then and not now. If it was then they would not be able to keep citing it and using it and referring to it. They can do that because it is still there - uncensored - for you and me to access. Yet they go around claiming it is all being censored.

It is just a perfect example as to how some people can have two contradictory narratives in their head at the same time and not notice. They can claim it is all censored in one narrative - and then claim it is all there for you to access in the next. And never notice the lies they are telling.

But the same person in this video I watched went on to talk about lizard people in human disguises and UFO evidence locked away in Area 51. So in general - not a sane mind at the best of times really.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:18 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm grateful to them. I light a (virtual) candle to them near-daily. I never thought I'd live to see the day when I can enjoy concert footage of my favourite bands from various times and places around the world. Now I do so from the comfort of my home any time I wish.

We are extremely fortunate to live in this era.
They didn't start Youtube, they bought it. The government needs to slice and dice Google - far too much power.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:21 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
these guys own youtube at root level.

They are both Jews.
What makes a person Jewish? Page's mother was Jewish, but Page has publicly stated that he follows no religion. I was born to Christian parents, but I follow no religion. Am I to be regarded as a Christian no matter what?

Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
What makes a person Jewish? Page's mother was Jewish, but Page has publicly stated that he follows no religion. I was born to Christian parents, but I follow no religion. Am I to be regarded as a Christian no matter what?
They're an "ethno-religious" group, I believe.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Do keep up. The point I was making was that it was not censored. Not then and not now. If it was then they would not be able to keep citing it and using it and referring to it. They can do that because it is still there - uncensored - for you and me to access. Yet they go around claiming it is all being censored.

It is just a perfect example as to how some people can have two contradictory narratives in their head at the same time and not notice. They can claim it is all censored in one narrative - and then claim it is all there for you to access in the next. And never notice the lies they are telling.

But the same person in this video I watched went on to talk about lizard people in human disguises and UFO evidence locked away in Area 51. So in general - not a sane mind at the best of times really.
That was my point...Do keep up with me, old boy...

Old 11-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Even if a Jew converts to Christianity that person is still considered a Jew...

Old 11-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
They didn't start Youtube, they bought it. The government needs to slice and dice Google - far too much power.
Ok?...

Old 11-07-2018, 10:54 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
That was my point...Do keep up with me, old boy...
Except no it was not your point. You were asking if someone censored something themselves when it was not censored in the first place. Unless you are talking about something else in my post. When you quote an entire post you are not really indicating what you are replying to.

All your posts are one liners which never seem to mean anything much at all. Been that way for years now and I do not think you can blame others therefore for not having any idea what you are talking about - or for failing to keep up with you. There is nothing there to keep up with.

Quote:
Even if a Jew converts to Christianity that person is still considered a Jew...
That is certainly a way to attract some ire and hatred from other groups. When you go around claiming people to be in your group who themselves claim they do not want to be - you are going to attract some ire. Rightly too.

But the Jews do not have any particular monopoly on that. The Mormons were going around claiming to baptize people posthumously into their Moderator cut: not allowed religion. While a few years ago the Catholic Heirarchy changed canon law so people could no longer leave the religion officially.

The desperation for numbers and demographics is palpable. Any insidious trick they can pull to pretend their religion has more subscribers than it actually does.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-08-2018 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: Calling specific religions "cults/cultish" not permitted.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Except no it was not your point. You were asking if someone censored something themselves when it was not censored in the first place. Unless you are talking about something else in my post. When you quote an entire post you are not really indicating what you are replying to.

All your posts are one liners which never seem to mean anything much at all. Been that way for years now and I do not think you can blame others therefore for not having any idea what you are talking about - or for failing to keep up with you. There is nothing there to keep up with.

That is certainly a way to attract some ire and hatred from other groups. When you go around claiming people to be in your group who themselves claim they do not want to be - you are going to attract some ire. Rightly too.

But the Jews do not have any particular monopoly on that. The Mormons were going around claiming to baptize people posthumously into their Moderator cut: not allowed religion. While a few years ago the Catholic Heirarchy changed canon law so people could no longer leave the religion officially.

The desperation for numbers and demographics is palpable. Any insidious trick they can pull to pretend their religion has more subscribers than it actually does.
My point was that they may have been responsible for the condition of the availability of the video in order to add weight to their claim of being censored...You are not a deep thinker, are you?...

The other reply is that, even though a Jew converts to another religion that Jew does not get kicked out of the family and end up “burning in Hell forever” like some other religions claim if one leaves their religion...Thatvone is still considered a Jew, albeit a wayward one...

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-08-2018 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 11-08-2018, 04:10 AM

7,594 posts, read 4,165,130 times
Quote:
My point was that they may have been responsible for the condition of the availability of the video in order to add weight to their claim of being censored...You are not a deep thinker, are you?...
Yes. The claims made by Monumentus at the beginning of the post were that you-tube censored the video [very likely] and they really didn't want anyone to see it, which implies that there may be some truth to the video. All this does is give fuel to the people who want to make a laundry list of reasons why people [not themselves mind you] hate Jews.

Here is an example of adding another reason to the laundry list.

Quote:
Who do you think owns Youtube?
Another possible reason for censoring that specific video is because it did not meet some guidelines that youtube has in place.

Quote:
The point I was making is independent of who owns or does not own it. The point I am making is more general than that.

Claiming in one breath that source "X" is compromised and systematically censored on a particular topic "Y" - then in the next breath saying most to all of your enlightenment on topic "Y" and most of your citations of evidence and narratives to support your position on topic "Y" comes from source "X" - is quite the massive self contradiction.
They don't understand why they were censored. Their enlightenment were just claims, hate claims probably. None of their sources really supported their claims. Naturally, they would make a video that does not meet guidelines, which can then lead to censorship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality