Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 05:56 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

I coincidentally just watched a video on the subject. Dislike of Jews goes back a long way. The Christians gave it a huge Shove. Then after the pogroms and the Holocaust, the establishment of the State of israel (building on the Balfour declaration for a Jewish homeland set the whole Muslim world against Israel and its has escalated (given a might shove by the wars against Iraq) from there.

I can post the vid, if anybody wants.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:22 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Jewish hatred towards non jews is just as intense as antisemitism. Orthodox jews do claim to have killed Jesus and they're proud of it. Antisemitism, which is hating someone just because they are jewish is irrational and therefore cannot be logically explained. Valid criticism of jews however, is always defined as antisemitism and this further reinforces the frustration.

Moderator cut: Offensive video removed

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-29-2018 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Removal of anti-Semitic material.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:31 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
oh look. More answers to the original post.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:55 PM

34,995 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
British comedian Dave Allen said that on Christmas Day the Jews go down to their toy stores to count all the money that they have taken in from Gentiles doing Christmas shopping.
This is a copy of an email I received. I am Jewish and was NOT offended (even though the sender worried I would be):

================================================== ====================

The Teacher, Ms. Jones, was very curious about how each of her students celebrated Christmas. She called on young Patrick Murphy.

"Tell me Patrick what do you do at Christmas Time?" she asked. Patrick addressed the class, "Well Ms. Ms. Jones, me and my twelve brothers and sisters go to the midnight Mass and we sing hymns, then we come home very late and we put mince pies by the back door and hang up our stockings. Then all excited we go to bed and wait for Father Christmas to come with all our toys." "Very nice Patrick," she said.

"Now Jimmy Brown what do you do at Christmas?" Ms. Jones asked. "Well Ms. Jones, me and my sister also go to Church with Mum and Dad and we sing Carols and we get home ever so late. We put biscuits and mince pies by the chimney and we hang up our stocking. We hardly sleep waiting for Santa Claus to bring our Presents, " Jimmy replied. "That's also very nice Jimmy," she said.

Realizing that there was a Jewish boy in the class and not wanting to leave him out of the discussion she asked Isaac Cohen the same question.

"Now Isaac Cohen, what do you do at Christmas?" she asked. Isaac said, "Well we also sing Carols!" Isaac responded. Surprised Mrs. Jones questioned further. "Tell us what you sing," Ms. Jones requested.

"Well it's the same thing every year, Dad comes home >from the office. He opens the electric garage door, we all get in to the Rolls Royce, then we drive to his toy factory, we go inside and look at all the empty shelves and we all sing, 'Oh what a friend we have in Jesus.' Then we all go to the Bahamas

Old 10-30-2018, 02:25 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hatred is a human psychological weakness usually related to some very negative experience(s) or belief(s) about the object of the hatred. It would be normal to hate Hitler for the atrocities he committed but it is still a weakness in our psychology. Unfortunately, hate can be inculcated in very young people by their parents or other influential role models. This is the worst kind because it perpetuates hate without any underlying reason. While hatred can be explained, it is never acceptable. It should be addressed and a resolution sought through counseling or therapy.
I think most of that is nonsense. It is based on an idea that some emotions are negative and some are positive. Which is a subjective value judgement and little more. There is no reason to classify emotions in this way. In fact hatred can be a very positive motivating force in our world. There is no reason to denigrate any particular emotion - let alone suggest people need counselling or therapy just because you do not like a particular emotion.

A better measure of emotions is how they manifest themselves in terms of the well being of the person feeling them - or in terms of their actions within their world. As I said hatred can be a motivator to go great things. I for example absolutely hate and abhor waste in the world. I do not need therapy - because this hatred does not make me suffer. It does however motivate me strongly to reduce waste in the world - both in terms of my own house and family in reducing, reusing and recycling - but in how much work I do for the environment - local schemes to reduce waste and increase recycling - investing in charities on the subject - and giving my time to raise awareness.

Hatred of injustice and the perpetrators of it have also been great motivators in our world. Which I see as a good thing.

Meanwhile emotions that some people would equally classify as "good" emotions can cause great suffering. Love for example - especially but not solely when unrequited - can cause massive suffering in our world. This is why it is a nonsense to judge emotions in and of themselves in the subjective fashion you suggest - rather than evaluating them on a case by case basis related to the well being of the holder of the emotion and their actions in the world.

My lack of hatred for Jews is based on nothing more than not having a single good reason to hate them. Nor do I find their particular religion any more or less nonsense than many others in general. I say in general because most of the Jews I know personally are entirely atheist. It seems actual belief in god is less of a pre-requisite in that religion than in many others I could name.

No one has shown me any. And the people I do see moan about them either do so for purely religious reasons - in that the fairy tales tells us the Jews killed the leader of their personality cult - or purely for reasons of extreme jealousy - such as hating them because they have been successful in business or in science or in investing or in rising to positions of prominence or power in our society. Jealously and hatred in and of themselves are not base things as I said - but when it motivates people to talk nonsense about a group and to suffer delusions of a conspiracy theory nature - then perhaps some of that therapy you speak of would be more warranted.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:08 AM

34,995 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hatred is a human psychological weakness usually related to some very negative experience(s) or belief(s) about the object of the hatred. It would be normal to hate Hitler for the atrocities he committed but it is still a weakness in our psychology. Unfortunately, hate can be inculcated in very young people by their parents or other influential role models. This is the worst kind because it perpetuates hate without any underlying reason. While hatred can be explained, it is never acceptable. It should be addressed and a resolution sought through counseling or therapy.
I think most of that is nonsense. It is based on an idea that some emotions are negative and some are positive. ***********************

Hatred of injustice and the perpetrators of it have also been great motivators in our world. Which I see as a good thing.
I'm with monumentus on this. I think that there are some people and ideas that are evil. Not shades of grey, pure evil. There is nothing wrong with being honest, open and straightforward about that.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
I hate Hitler but he is out of my mind 8759 hours. That one hour is usually spent watching some documentary or movie that is connected to him in some way. Then I have to turn it off.

I do see hate as a weakness since it compels me to be better than the one I hate. But what in particular makes the Jewish people feel a greater target than other groups? It is the violence directed towards them because of their status in society.

I am American but I look like I came from Central America. Growing up in Texas, there was a lot of hate directed towards us but it rarely turned violent. Yes, individuals may have been targeted, but mestizos as a group were not a target of violent behavior. Why? My guess is that we are at the bottom of the totem pole economically and socially and so not a real threat to the dominant culture.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:21 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Is hated for the Jews based entirely on the belief that the Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus? Or is there more to it than that?
Minority groups are always disliked. Even when that dislike isn't overly manifest, it's there below the surface.

Partly, this is evolution in action. For hundreds of thousands of years, hostility towards people who 'aren't like us' served humans well. However, once we began establishing cosmopolitan populations this tendency had more deleterious than positive effects. Much of the course of human progress has been developing social controls on those human impulses that harm us collectively - and make no mistake about it, massacring minorities harms the rest of us even if we're in the majority (for example, I'm white) or if we're members of other minority groups (I'm an atheist). We've been largely successful. That this attack was the largest (in terms of fatalities) single anti-Semitic attack in American history largely speaks to how young is the United States.

The problem is that, as I said, this inclination is there, below the surface. Maybe not in all of us, but in some. And right now we're in a time when there are major figures in the United States who see advantage in very deliberately coaxing that inclination out into the open.

All the specific excuses - killing Jesus, money-lending, the blood libel, etc. - are just that: excuses toward the end of targeting a convenient scapegoat.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:42 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post

Is hated for the Jews based entirely on the belief that the Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus? Or is there more to it than that?
Well, there are books that I could direct you to, but they will say they are "hoaxes" and things of that nature. They can't be posted here.

But...just look at:

Who was responsible for communism (communism killed tens of millions of people - maybe hundreds of millions)?
Who conjured up the United Nations (effectively a one-world/global government)?
Who controls Google, Facebook, and all the major news outlets?
Who wrote the "Rules For Radicals" which is the impetus for all the insanity we see in America today?

Old 10-30-2018, 12:43 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Aftr the Jewish war, Jews were really hated and a Gentile keeping Jewish Sabbaths and feasts were even more hated. The Gentile converts were no longer brave enough to keep the Sabbaths and feasts of Messiah and so they went back to pagan feasts and outlawing the worship system of Messiah.

Because they converted away from the religion of Jesus, they had to rationalise why the ways of God were wrong, and wrong to keep. It is through their need to justify their religion that the religion of God had be made evil, and those that kept it evil.

They had to turn the worship system of Christ to be evil, and they used Jesus death to bring God down. Hatred against Jews is directly related to Constantine and Martin Luther.
Really doubt the guy in Pittsburgh is familiar with Constantine or Luther..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality