Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 03:38 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times

Advertisements

Greed!

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 03:44 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
From an LOA perspective, the people are "creating their own realities."

From a reincarnation perspective, people choose these lives to learn some lesson(s).

Old 11-02-2018, 03:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
From a reincarnation perspective, people choose these lives to learn some lesson(s).
I wasn't going to say it....I'll get in trouble for being open
to other realities only if we can see it 'under a microscope' is it real, dontchano.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:27 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, why don't we get to the bottom of this issue?

Get it all out...the spiritual ideas, the intellectual ideas.
The atheist ideas and the believer's ideas....cuz does anyone really know? I dunno.
We all might learn something and open to new thoughts!

"The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open."
What you really put forth is basically an offshoot of "The Problem of Evil/Suffering", Miss Hepburn.
I have seen it many times on this board. Others will pose "The Problem" and put up pictures of emaciated & starving, or injured children. This does stimulate emotions...but really adds nothing to the "Does A God Exist...and, if so, why not fix this problem?" argument that isn't there without the specific descriptions.
Well, I actually know why people get upset about it...and I've posted it many times: WE ARE MAD AT OURSELVES!!
WE are the "selfish and cruel" that just watch the suffering we COULD do something about, but don't.
How many pairs of shoes do we own, but still buy more? What about something as worthless and frivolously expensive as jewelry...who has some of that? Vacations...for nothing more than our "enjoyment". Two, three, or more, flatscreens. How much money do we spend on sports in this country, both playing and observing? All while people starve...and there is a shortage of research dollars to find the cures for diseases.

I have donated most of the money I've made in my life...but have admited the portion I have retained is an obscene abundance, relative to any reasonable requirement. I bought a whole mountain, and built a huge glass front chalet on it, made from the finest of everything...so I wouldn't be "bothered"...while 3 five cent bowls of rice per day, per person, would save the lives of millions. How many bowls could be purchased with the difference between my estate and a small apartment?
People buy multi-million dollar paintings...just to look at. Ferraris, yachts, a 4th mansion, Rolex watches, and children have 7 or 8 hundred dollar smartphones. We spend hundreds of millions to explore outer space...for not much more than to satisfy our curiosity...instead of buying basic necessities and medical care for the poor. And how much time, effort, and money does mankind spend on militaries and waging war?
And as for other "bad things" in the world: It isn't the fault of Deities that a child is a rape victim...it is HUMANS conducting as rapists.
WE are the "selfish and uncaring "Powerful Entities" that COULD do something, but DON'T. It isn't due to DEITIES doing nothing even though they could..there is only US acting that way.
There is plenty to go around...it is because many hoard much more than they need, while others lack the minimum to survive.
THAT is why some people starve and have no clean water.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:37 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
The atheist ideas and the believer's ideas....cuz does anyone really know? I dunno.
'Like a parachute', but some people's minds are so wide open one would think their brains fell out.

King Solomon, known for having godly wisdom, wrote at Ecclesiastes 8:9 why people are starving, etc.
It says that MAN has dominated MAN to MAN's hurt or injury.
Earth produces enough food, but MAN's un-even food distribution, and the selling of food for weapons is done by MAN.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Well, GldnRule and Matthew...aren't you nice additions here! Oh and Hi, Cat,

Old 11-02-2018, 08:00 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:

There could be various answers as to why there is such a situation? Which could be fruitful to discuss if the intention is to find solutions.

However, what matters the most is, those who are fortunate enough, have done what to help those in need instead of sitting in the comfort of their homes and commenting about it, including blaming God.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:58 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Why are people starving and have no clean water in places?

Because corrupt governments.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:07 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I don't know too much about it. I do know that continuing to have babies when you and your children are already starving isn't real smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Having more children than you can afford has to be a major cause of poverty.
Then tell the religious organisations that you belong to to stop fighting the use of condoms in places where lack of birth control causes high birth rates.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:35 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Seven billion people or not people are starving , have no clean water or homeless because of selfishness, and wealth which is ruled by demonic spirits of the world were people are puppets with this demons who care not to help ........ And then there is God over here will say ` What do you want me to do ``..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality