Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2018, 06:53 PM

334 posts, read 227,503 times

Advertisements

No, no idea what this means, Yes

Old 12-28-2018, 08:46 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
I tend to think consciousness exists in variable, lesser or greater, degrees in life. And I think that neural correlates proving that consciousness is a product of the brain is evidence supporting a theory, which may or may not be true.
This is true, the theory may be false. But the evidence does support the theory, and does not require an external source for consciousness. Which is possibly why there is much work based on this idea of consciousness being a product of the brain.

Quote:
It could just as easily be that consciousness exists which our mind can comprehend because of the neural correlates sparking. And if you want to claim that consciousness is a product of the mind then that must be all that we really are, a product of our own mind? Not so, or is it? As a man thinks, so he is.
Yes, we as a conscious entity may just be a product of our own brain. There are several theories, from consciousness being a product of our whole brain to consciousness being an illusion of the subconscious brain.

Quote:
Consciousness could exist in a mind without being the product of a mind. A realization of what is. A comprehension of the mind instead of a product of the mind. Is understanding a product of the brain or was it a product of you working and spinning your brain? You had to work for it?

Just thinking.
Agreed, there is the idea that consciousness is a property of the universe. But I have yet to see any evidence for this; and am always conscious (joke intended) that many people have a problem with the idea of something without a purpose, because we evolved this idea of purpose, whether one exists or not. So the idea that consciousness may just be an evolved trait is uncomfortable for some.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:59 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
So consciousness is only a product of the brain? Well, product of one half of the brain maybe.

Your conscious half of the brain is dead and that is all there is? What about the other part of the brain that exists and operates beneath and beyond consciousness: that subconscious self which contains the totality of mental processes of which we are unaware of [except for a word in a dictionary-Subconscious]and does not report to you necessarily?

So consciousness is a product of a brain and nothing more?

And the subconscious that exists and operates beneath and beyond consciousness, what is that a product of?

All my definitions of subconscious came from my dictionary - you don't believe it exists?
I believe Arach's point is that the brain is made up of both a subconscious and conscious part. Which is true, and also part of the problem. Because the subconscious part is not only a large part of the brain, it also does the most work. It is estimated that it processes over 11 million pieces of data pro second, where the conscious brain manages 40 pieces of data pro second. Your subconscious is doing more work than people think, and many 'conscious decisions' have actually been made by the subconscious.

So it is hard to study consciousness when much of it may actually be subconscious.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:15 AM

611 posts, read 281,365 times
The Bible 101 – What is, is God.

As a man thinks, he is.

Consciousness is a property of the brain? No brain = no consciousness?

Property of the brain? A slave of the brain? It belongs to the brain?

What is this writer trying to say?

Consciousness is an ability of the brain. But does it belong to, or serve the brain? And can it only exist in a brain?

What?

There is more than one state or form of consciousness, look around you, don’t kid yourself, you see many many different states of consciousness in many many forms.

Vision is a property of the eye? No eye = no vision? What do you think Batman?

Hearing is a property of the ear? Yet we have eyes that can’t see and ears that can’t hear.

And every single one of these is the property of consciousness. And they all serve one purpose and it is to serve the Being, the Host that has taken residence in the Body: Consciousness. Which contains a Conscious Self and a Subconscious Self. One Self exists because of Consciousness and is not necessarily aware of the other one which exists and operates beneath, beyond, and/or outside of Consciousness. And this one contains everything Consciousness knows, plus the things Consciousness is not aware of.

The Conscious Self is in charge of the body, it’s host. The Subconscious Self can be divisive and send signals of uneasiness about a decision the Conscious Self makes, but once it is pushed aside, the Subconscious Self always concedes: “As you wish.”

The Subconscious Self calls, “Come, let us reason together.” It’s called thinking.

“And what has God asked of us, but to walk peacefully with him?”

And I believe we are all connected to the same One Subconscious Self existing and operating beneath and beyond our Consciousness. Perhaps the Universe itself, and or, our connection to a Higher Consciousness by the ethereal regions of our minds inspired by a God we can’t truly comprehend. An infinite Being existing in a state of infinity. Could you exist with God?

So, if consciousness is a product of the brain, as you say: “What is the subconscious a product of?” Any answers? The brain also? Or is the Subconscious a product of “Life” ?

Thus, if you think the subconscious is a product of Life…the problem with that is “Life” is a product of my God. “Death” is a product of Man.

In the beginning, God was alone, no fun. So God made a place for himself. And everything existed with God. And God existed with everything. And it was all very good.

But then corruption was found: “Now the serpent, [that lying tongue], was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.” –Gen.3:1 – the origin of ssSatan:

So man began by hiding and lying to cover-up sin. Then man began killing animals to cover sin.
Then men began killing each other to remove sin.

And then one day they began killing all the animals off the land; And they poisoned the waters, and all the creatures in the waters were poisoned. But, sin remained.

And they cut, burnt, and destroyed all the trees on the earth; And they dug up and cracked open the earth and put poison inside; And they poisoned the atmosphere. Yet, sin remained.

And then one day all men died off and were dead. And sin took a rest.

-

You will reap as you sow, God will recompense your ways upon you, God will use your own devices to destroy you, it is called the way of life. If you destroy the tree of life, you will die.
Have you not heard? Have you not read the story? Have you no understanding of God?

I reside in Consciousness. The Lord my God is able to reside in my Subconscious. And we all, “Us,” have this same big Subconscious dwelling with us. The Same, One, that sticks closer than a friend; and I’m having enough trouble just phrasing this and nailing down the thoughts before they vaporize to even consider whether it is true or not when I can’t remember what it is I just said or if it has meaning or not. It’s like Adam/aDam, a reflection, and many, many waters making a great sound.

And a real conversation with my God, went like this:

“What is the purpose of the universe?” because I don’t know.

And the Lord my God said, “The purpose of the universe is so that you may exist; and that you might could live forever.”

And I wrote those words down quickly before I had any time to consider them; for I know I could have just as easy forgotten them.

And I believed him.

And this is what is called being inspired by God. This is how God speaks to me. I know his voice. Did not you hear the call, “Come, let us reason together”?

It’s called thinking.

Oh, right, no faith; ears that hear not; no real wisdom; no real understanding. The people either don’t know God, or they serve strange gods.

Yet, I raise up my hand and claim, “I know God.”

Why do you think I would do that?

And stand at this gate:
“Surely these are my people, saith the Lord; a children that will not lie: so he was their savior.” –Isaiah.

Why?

Why?

Because if you don’t lie, you will make good witnesses.

That the S men came and killed, and then the SS men came and killed and killed, and then the SSS men came and…and the name of this city was Jer USA Lem…and the judgment of God was upon them. That they should consider their ways, and what strange god do they think they
served by all their lies, deception, wars, and kill kill kill while proudly they stand in praise of him that destroys the whole earth.

Oh if only they would fear God. But no, surely they will make the earth desolate and kill themselves…lest the Lord our God come quickly.

Help!

Oh, he that comes quickly is always with us. Don’t get excited, they will think you’re crazy.

Well…that’s about all the vision I got today. It’s called a just dreaming.

I don’t know? Yes, you are right.

I don’t care? No, you are wrong.

I made this all up…well, not really…it is an old ancient story that inspired The Book of Life; and it can be told in many ways. Many different words describing the same thing: The Word. Many words. And many, many words that = the Word from the beginning. The same. One God. And a TERRIBLE! Story full of all the wicked deeds of mankind. And the ungodly hate God for all the wicked deeds they did to themselves pretending it was for God and today still putting the blame on God. Oh there just seems to be no end to this story.

Where did this story come from?
Our earliest evidence of any written language or recorded history whatsoever takes us back to roughly 5000 years ago: 3000 B.C. Which happens to coincide with the evidence of our earliest known civilization found in Mesopotamia which was located between the mouths of two rivers, the Euphrates and the Tigris; which is where the Sumerians settled. And they claimed the earliest city in Sumer was Erid in an area just south of Ur, Iraq. And the God of Erid was known as “The lord of the sweet waters that flow under the earth.”

But then China claims…

So now, I’ll just post this.
Now I don’t care.
Let me consider what it is I have just said.
What is it I am trying to say?

7th Day Streaming.

Can I just say that much?
Is it allowed?
1 more penalty makes 3 for me.
It’s just a work.

-

Old 12-29-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Your subconscious is doing more work than people think, and many 'conscious decisions' have actually been made by the subconscious.
Decisions made by the subconscious...like a separate universal entity somewhere, somehow, and the least we know is it has access to the same brains "We all" are using?

Old 12-30-2018, 05:35 AM

So after airing it out a little, I would make the claim, whether I know or not: “Consciousness is not a product of my part of the brain.”

Go to the root?

There once was a theory, that all dust fields, energy, eventually fades into life. Something like that, I can hardly remember it.

-

Old 12-30-2018, 05:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
So after airing it out a little, I would make the claim, whether I know or not: “Consciousness is not a product of my part of the brain.”

Go to the root?

There once was a theory, that all dust fields, energy, eventually fades into life. Something like that, I can hardly remember it.

-
not untrue that's for sure. it seems to be more like "particles and energy" in you; tend to become the parts of you.

can you see the difference and similarity to your claim?

Old 12-30-2018, 06:04 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
not untrue that's for sure. it seems to be more like "particles and energy" in you; tend to become the parts of you.

can you see the difference and similarity to your claim?
Is the Universe a closed or open system?

Old 12-30-2018, 06:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Is the Universe a closed or open system?
tell me one person that knows the answer?

how would you answer not knowing?
how would you answer saying closed?
how would you answer saying open?
how would you answer saying neither?

now shrink your question and answers to a volume with a radius of 40 AU's.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:31 AM

859 posts, read 706,065 times
Simply, YES there is a God; Only one God; Nothing will cease to exist in death.

You can realize it by your mind/logic and also specific messengers of the God who sent them to people to inform them about his existence and to worship him since thousands and million of years in order to make an argument on them. There are historical trails from previous nations and their stories everywhere.

About using mind, just look around! If anything happened whatever, you already would think about a reason, who did this? how did this happen? Someone, for instance, took your phone after you forgot it at somewhere else such as a public garden, the first question would cross your mind/would you ask about is, who did take my stuff? If I told you no one, it's gone by itself, it happened by a "coincidence", you certainly will not accept it, you are going to say: there must be someone took it, it can't be gone by itself.

Then how could you expect whole this UNIVERSE with all what it has (not only our planet "Earth planet", our planet is a point in comparison with universe) existed without a creator?! Universe is much bigger than our planet, don't think that Nasa know everything about whole universe. They still researching/studying and every time they discover a new discovery.

The accuracy in Human body system itself is a secret, that scientists still studying it and will never finish of discovering it, is a huge evidence that refer to an out of ordinary power (the creator) who has a great ability and knowledge (that we couldn't have and couldn't be able to realize) because we (humans) are limited and God is not limited, not to forget other creatures like animals, plants and so on.

Some people now in denial this truth, but after death, they will realize it, but unfortunately after the time is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality