Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 02:07 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The guy is a conscienceless moron.
Not just any useless moron. A duly elected useless moron. That fact that he has been elected to the Washington state legislature four times means that he is not simply a lone crackpot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 03:01 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Remember, folks, this is in the Religion and Spirituality forum. Please confine your comments accordingly.

If you feel compelled to express your Political views on the matter, do so here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ea-writes.html

It's as simple as that. Don't post Politics here.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
GOP Lawmaker Matt Shea Releases Christian Manifesto Calling For Biblical Law
NOVEMBER 1, 2018 BY MICHAEL STONE

GOP lawmaker calls for Biblical law: Washington state Rep. Matt Shea publishes manifesto calling for the execution of all males who refuse to follow “Biblical law.”

In a disturbing development, Washington state Rep. Matt Shea releases a four-page Christian manifesto titled “Biblical Basis for War.” The document calls for “Biblical law”, and suggests that those men who support gay marriage and abortion rights should be executed.

NBC News reports on the four page manifesto released by Shea:

It’s a radical Christian call to arms, outlining 14 steps for seizing power and what to do afterward in explicit detail. It calls for an end to abortions, an end to same-sex marriage, and if enemies do not yield and everyone obey biblical law, all males will be killed.

Vice News reports:

Washington state Rep. Matt Shea admitted Wednesday that he wrote and distributed the four-page document, called the “Biblical Basis for War,” which includes 14 sections on how biblical war can and would unfold. Shea, a Republican who represents Spokane in the state’s House, is up for re-election in the midterms next week. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Rep. Shea’s Christian manifesto calling for Biblical law states:

If they do not yield – kill all males.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...jFWit05TH9VtYA

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...itings-to-fbi/

Sharia, Sharia law, or Islamic law (Arabic: شريعة‎ (IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa])) is a religious law forming part of the Islamic tradition.[1] It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith. In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its human scholarly interpretations. It has been described as "one of the major intellectual achievements of Islam" and its importance in Islam has been compared to that of theology in Christianity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Sharia law calls for the execution of apostates.

Can there be any question that religion is humankind's greatest threat to the goal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Moderator cut: Image removed. We had a member inside one of those buildings.
That wingnut is wrong. Plain and simple.

Now explain to me how they are any worse than a militant atheist that wants to kill religious people and anyone that disagrees?

Old 11-05-2018, 03:14 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
I think that his being unaware that our guiding document is the US Constitution is grounds for his dismissal.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Bad analogy. No peanut is EVER going to grow into a tree, lol. This is what a peanut crop looks like:
I see some on the far end of the field there who made it to treehood.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Now explain to me how they are any worse than a militant atheist that wants to kill religious people and anyone that disagrees?
Who is this militant atheist? Because frankly, I suspect s/he is a figment of your imagination.

This Matt Shea however is an actual person elected to an actual government position.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:33 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Never in my 70 years have I ever met a militant atheist that wants to kill religious people and anyone that disagrees. I personally am seeking to destroy religion by exposing it as nothing more than ancient superstitious stuff and nonsense. Not through violence, or even through legal action. Fully exposed, religious claims fall apart all on their own. Force is not required.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:45 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Nutcases and extremists need to be exposed and called out, whether politicians, preachers, or anyone else. In the simplest of terms, they do not speak for God or the Bible.

Terrorists are terrorists. We need to quit pussyfooting around with these folks, and begin the hardcore crackdown. That's the only way to curb this nonsense. Otherwise, they (and the problem) will only grow and fester, like a puss-filled wound. The sane majority have been way too quiet in this area for too long.

Everyone needs to play a role in helping stamp out all forms of American terrorism (incl. politically and religiously-based).

Last edited by Thoreau424; 11-05-2018 at 04:03 PM..

Old 11-05-2018, 04:14 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Mensa, entire thread title puts political twist on it.
GOP Lawmaker: Execute those not following Biblical Law

It does not say "christian" or even religious. It connects two premises: GOP and Execute. Actually, places weight on GOP.

I promise, I won't go political but it very much so reminds of very popular Russian serial Sleepers. In it, a CIA sleeper agent, now in Czech republic, has a crew of bloggers with only one intent - discredit Putin as much as possible. He reviews one blogger article on some communal mishap in some small town far in Russia. Titled "local authority does not respond to tenant needs"

He says to blogger: Ok, look. Local authority was placed in position by who? A minister in Moscow. Who placed that minister in charge? She says - Putin approved him. Then she looks at him and spills out - Putin assigned government does not take care of tenant in need.
I hope, you see my point.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:19 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Mensa, entire thread title puts political twist on it.
GOP Lawmaker: Execute those not following Biblical Law

It does not say "christian" or even religious. It connects two premises: GOP and Execute. Actually, places weight on GOP.

I promise, I won't go political but it very much so reminds of very popular Russian serial Sleepers. In it, a CIA sleeper agent, now in Czech republic, has a crew of bloggers with only one intent - discredit Putin as much as possible. He reviews one blogger article on some communal mishap in some small town far in Russia. Titled "local authority does not respond to tenant needs"

He says to blogger: Ok, look. Local authority was placed in position by who? A minister in Moscow. Who placed that minister in charge? She says - Putin approved him. Then she looks at him and spills out - Putin assigned government does not take care of tenant in need.
I hope, you see my point.
I agree the Title of the thread should be changed removing any political focus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality