Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:01 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times

Advertisements

When a Muslim says something like that, people demand that other Muslims denounce that very strongly. When a Christian makes a similar statement the response is either "that is not how Christians all are " or " but an atheist also said a bad thing ".

Regardless 8f he or she represents the party wish to win, if my candidate said that I would vote for a candidate that would have the most chance to defeat him or her, even if the candidate making the statement was an atheist. No room for that in a civilized coubtry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 10:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Well said...or Well typed...

Theist "All non believers should be marched out and machine gunned into trenches they dug themselves."

(atheists) " What???"

Theists "Whaddya mean, What?? Why are you ganging up on us like this?"

Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
But there have been many of them in history.
But those FEW did not want to kill because of their atheism.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:00 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
When a Muslim says something like that, people demand that other Muslims denounce that very strongly. When a Christian makes a similar statement the response is either "that is not how Christians all are " or " but an atheist also said a bad thing ".
That's not necessarily true. I've said time and again on this very forum when people ask/demand that other Muslims denounce radical Islam, "They do", and have given examples and links, but have also pointed out that normal Muslims may have no more power to do anything about radical Islam than anyone else. I am a 9/11 survivor who works for Muslim employers, which you can't possibly NOT know by now.

It is NOT how all Christians are. It just isn't. Again, you can't NOT know that if you post on this forum. And I believe only one poster said "but an atheist also said a bad thing". Why does that get slapped onto all the Christians?

As you can probably tell, I do not like broad, sweeping generalizations of groups of people. Evaluate people as individuals.

Quote:
Regardless if he or she represents the party wish to win, if my candidate said that I would vote for a candidate that would have the most chance to defeat him or her, even if the candidate making the statement was an atheist. No room for that in a civilized coubtry.
I am not quite clear on what you are trying to say in your second paragraph.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
clowns to the left
jokers to the right.
Which one is worse though? Statistically and Causationally speaking.
Sure equivalencing is sweet to the tongue, but I've heard that the truth can be hard to swallow.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's not necessarily true. I've said time and again on this very forum when people ask/demand that other Muslims denounce radical Islam, "They do", and have given examples and links, but have also pointed out that normal Muslims may have no more power to do anything about radical Islam than anyone else. I am a 9/11 survivor who works for Muslim employers, which you can't possibly NOT know by now.

It is NOT how all Christians are. It just isn't. Again, you can't NOT know that if you post on this forum. And I believe only one poster said "but an atheist also said a bad thing". Why does that get slapped onto all the Christians?

Ps the fact is that many people did vote for this guy and they either don't know what he said, they agreed with him 9r they do not care if he wants non believers executed or not. Statistically a significant number of his supporters are Christians.
As you can probably tell, I do not like broad, sweeping generalizations of groups of people. Evaluate people as individuals.

I am not quite clear on what you are trying to say in your second paragraph.
MQ, I did not say that Muslims d9nt denounce terrorist attacks, I stated that people demand that they do so. I should of said that these folks claim that Muslims d9nt ever denounce terrorism even when they do. And there were several posts that, in my opinion, dismissed this Christian wanting to execute the who do not support his religious based stance on abortion or gay rights.

I am sorry if you got the impression that I don't think that Muslims are also against terrorism. I do think many westerners are anti Muslims .

Old 11-08-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
MQ, I did not say that Muslims d9nt denounce terrorist attacks, I stated that people demand that they do so. I should of said that these folks claim that Muslims d9nt ever denounce terrorism even when they do. And there were several posts that, in my opinion, dismissed this Christian wanting to execute the who do not support his religious based stance on abortion or gay rights.

I am sorry if you got the impression that I don't think that Muslims are also against terrorism. I do think many westerners are anti Muslims .
Gotcha. Yes, there are.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Gotcha. Yes, there are.
We are OK then? I didn't mention that I am well aware of your 911 experience and your willingness to share it with us plus that you treat people as people.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
We are OK then? I didn't mention that I am well aware of your 911 experience and your willingness to share it with us plus that you treat people as people.
Of course!

Occasionally I get on my soapbox. Then I have a beer.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Of course!

Occasionally I get on my soapbox. Then I have a beer.
Probably safer than inthe other order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality