Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 08:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times

Advertisements

I think Ozzy has a point here. It has been observed that atheism's best allies are the religions themselves as they attack each other as much as atheism does. Though it's true they will pick on the weaker factions rather than the Big Ones, who could cause trouble.

But, while the observation has merit, it is irrelevant. Bias may explain why the attack is untrue - if it is untrue. If it is true, bias is irrelevant - which is why accusing atheists of bias in irrelevant, even if we are biased - if what we say is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 AM

99 posts, read 51,996 times
IMO Atheism does not attack religion. It is a way of life. I am an Atheist and I don't "attack " religion. Not in a general sense. I don't believe in any religion and that is for me. I don't "attack " the JWs. but being one for 40 years gives me an insight that only someone who was a JW for years could share. You can not in any way say you know about a religion because you know someone at work who is one and they were nice. This is just stupid to think anyone could.

I show the facts of what the JWs teach, believe and do. Their history and how they have predicted the end of the world since 1874 and been proven wrong every time. The facts they hate Gay life styles and actively preach intolerance against their life style. Just look at their videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAuVrdVkXc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKm8hUqN6BA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udsKXztQVi8

Old 11-20-2018, 09:22 AM

99 posts, read 51,996 times
Tony Morris the third and his tight pants fetish https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/commen...ight_pants_in/

Old 11-25-2018, 06:13 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPZ...ature=youtu.be

The Watchtower demanding records being destroyed because Satan is using them to come after God's organization.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPZ...ature=youtu.be

The Watchtower demanding records being destroyed because Satan is using them to come after God's organization.
It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:11 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.
Yeah, how sad that they have to get rid of evidence of what actually took place because it would incriminate them? One would think God's true organization would be found blameless by a clear accounting of the facts.

One brother told the truth and it costs the organization several hundred thousand dollars. Can't keep having that happen.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:52 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I feel Godwin's law approaching...

Old 01-08-2019, 05:26 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTWGA View Post
I watched this video and it is a lot of BS.. It passes over the main issues and complaints of the JWs. The message they give at the door is one of happy happy joy joy. Would you like to live on paradise earth forever with resurrected family and pet a lion? Its like the message the Scientologist give you when they recruit. Once in you get the more hard core message of don't associate with unbelievers, cut off family that are unbelievers and or are against the religion, no holidays, voting, blood in medical needs, 5 meetings a week plus personal study, not going to the police when there is a crime committed by a fellow brother, threats of shunning if you question the belief that they are the only true religion on earth, going to another church, watching R movies, celebrating a birth day, smoking, having a beard, getting a divorce, women not being in subjection to men, and the list goes on and on.

You are in error on some matters you posted. God initiated disfellowshipping. In the OT it was being stoned to death for the unrepentant, is that what you would choose for you or a family member? I know for sure in some matters including paedophiles, parents are counciled that they can go to the police.
Yes the good news of the kingdom, started by Jesus(Luke 10) house to house(Acts 20:20--It does not stop until the end. ( Matt 24:14)
Satan is in control of much of this system. Jesus even taught that satan ruled this system of things.
Many call the JW,s a cult. That's because they do not know Gods view--Mark 3:24-26) a house divided( 34,000 trinity religions) will not stand. They fail this true mark 100%--1Corinthians 1:10) unity of thought, no division. Yet 2 billion blindly listen to them. Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:12 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You are in error on some matters you posted. God initiated disfellowshipping. In the OT it was being stoned to death for the unrepentant, is that what you would choose for you or a family member?

Most normal, rational people would choose not be to a religious nutball who disowns their family members for not believing their specific brand of religion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I know for sure in some matters including paedophiles, parents are counciled that they can go to the police.
The fact that anyone is stupid enough that they would have to be counseled (not counciled) to go to the police if one of their members was a pedo is just pathetic and sad. It also shows just how damaged and ignorant people of the JW's faith are.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:37 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Most normal, rational people would choose not be to a religious nutball who disowns their family members for not believing their specific brand of religion....

The fact that anyone is stupid enough that they would have to be counseled (not counciled) to go to the police if one of their members was a pedo is just pathetic and sad. It also shows just how damaged and ignorant people of the JW's faith are.

Which one of your family members has offered eternal life to you? Which one created all things so that you could enjoy life with many varieties? We owe God-100%. So do our family members. Lots wife was turned to salt in an instant. Lot stood for God.

Along with 1Corinthians 6"9-11,, Galations 5:19-21 and false god worship and partaking off the table of demons= 99% on earth. 0 have the right to pass judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality