Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 12:57 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
LOL is this what your religion indoctrinates you to believe so that it makes the bible look credible and up to date with science? LOL!!!

Then explain whey religious fundies are trying to push creationism and dispel evolution in our public schools?
You people are arguring with Christians assuming that they represent Christianity when they aren't in the same religion as the first Christianity.

Christians don't know anything about the religion of Christ and the majority even teach against learning the religion of Christ.

Jesus came walking in Judaism and it's 7 feasts that teach of the temple and the comings and goings on the Temple which are those 7 feasts appointed for sacrifices.

You may as well listen to a Muslim teaching Christianity assuming that he represents the religion of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 01:03 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
sure, just like the Quran

Too bad that only Darwin was able to interpret the Bible and Quran correctly enough for our New Age of Old World Religions bourgeoisie.
The bible is something that you don't have the propensity to understand, I say this because you have to love it first, and God told Israel that they wouldn't understand, and you are used to speaking with Christians who don't understand.

Christians take the spiritual stories of Genesis and the story of creation as a literal story when the actual story goes out of it's way to prove it was only a spiritual story, Moses made it impossible for the creation story to be taken as a literal story but everyone reads it as if it was written to be taken literaly when it was not.

Your conflict with confused Christians doesn't make the bible false.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-15-2018 at 01:12 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 01:07 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
According to an "Our Views" article on PETA's website:

This means that PETA does not think most pets are treated as "as a part of the family" but instead as slaves and decorative commodities.
I guess PETA was formed about 30 000 years too late because we do have dogs. Thinking back to when we had our dogs and cats maybe sometimes there was a master slave relationship, I know who did all the work. 😀 As an environmentist, ecologists and supporter of humane animal treatment, PETA is a group frozen by their own rigid dogma.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:34 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Raising veal may be considered as such do to the conditions. My wife's brother, fourth generation mixed farmer on the same land has a cow calf operation as well as grain. He visited a turkey farm and thought it was disgusting how the birds were kept. His cows are out in pastures and fields most of their lives, turkeys are in a tiny cage their whole life.

I think that being an atheists encourages one to think of situations on their own merits. So yes some agricultural practices are immoral, because of how the animals are treated as well as their effects on the environment. Other farming practices are definitely moral.

Some hunting is moral, some not. PETA calls pet ownership immoral. I strongly disagree. Keeping a dog outside on a chain with very little interactions with humans or other animals is immoral. Having dogs and cats in your house as a part of the family is not immoral. When we had two dogs and three cats, they set some sort of rules amongst themselves. Any cat food dropped on the floor was fair game. If a cat wanted to eat at a dogs dish both dogs would back off and wait for them. One cat was chased by the dogs and it seemed like half the time she instigated that.
Thanks for thoughful resonse, badlander.

I'm considering micro-farming and I'm needing to decide what to farm. I'm hung up on farming animals because I wouldn't myself or family members to be farmed for food with no chance of freedom. The Bible doesn't seem to have a problem with farming life, so I really do not know where my hesitancy is coming from except for the fear of reincarnation and having to look into the eyes of the animals I've cared for before slaughter.

I'm a huge cat lover and that story sounds very familiar.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Thanks for thoughful resonse, badlander.

I'm considering micro-farming and I'm needing to decide what to farm. I'm hung up on farming animals because I wouldn't myself or family members to be farmed for food with no chance of freedom. The Bible doesn't seem to have a problem with farming life, so I really do not know where my hesitancy is coming from except for the fear of reincarnation and having to look into the eyes of the animals I've cared for before slaughter.

I'm a huge cat lover and that story sounds very familiar.
One summer my wife and I raised chickens. As a girl she helped a neighbour for many years slaughter fowl. This was my first time and I killed all our chickens. Not a pleasant job but boy did we have great chickens to eat, feed on lots of garden produce.

I live in an area that has lots of dry prairie grasslands for cattle and also has market gardening and irrigated crops. Birders, when wishing to see native birds, go to the grasslands that support ranching because that is where the birds, and other wildlife, are. In areas producing grains and veggies, more introduced birds. Native wildlife 8s something anti animal consumption folks ignore. Grasslands birds are the most endangered community of birds in North America.

If you raise animals, treat them humanely and feed them quality foods. Our chickens had a large pen and we're put into the coop only for the night.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
One summer my wife and I raised chickens. As a girl she helped a neighbour for many years slaughter fowl. This was my first time and I killed all our chickens. Not a pleasant job but boy did we have great chickens to eat, feed on lots of garden produce.

I live in an area that has lots of dry prairie grasslands for cattle and also has market gardening and irrigated crops. Birders, when wishing to see native birds, go to the grasslands that support ranching because that is where the birds, and other wildlife, are. In areas producing grains and veggies, more introduced birds. Native wildlife 8s something anti animal consumption folks ignore. Grasslands birds are the most endangered community of birds in North America.
If you raise animals, treat them humanely and feed them quality foods. Our chickens had a large pen and we're put into the coop only for the night.
Farm raised free-range chicken does taste great and that's how my grandparents farmed their chickens, ducks, goose, etc.

I'm thinking humans are the only species that farms life, am I wrong?

Old 12-16-2018, 10:51 AM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Farm raised free-range chicken does taste great and that's how my grandparents farmed their chickens, ducks, goose, etc.

Some ants farm mushroom and aphids and some keep slaves.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:

More species farm then I knew about

BBC - Earth - Amazing animal farmers that grow their own food

Old 12-16-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Amazing! Thanks again.

S. nigricans tends its algal garden (Credit: Paul Asman and Jill Lenoble / CC by 2.0)

Old 12-16-2018, 03:19 PM

88,596 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Interesting stuff, but drifting from any discussion of Religion and Spirituality. Back to topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality