Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Before a century or so ago, there WAS NO edication for girls, at any age.
That's actually not correct; girls in the U.S. were often in school at least for the primary grades 130+ years ago. Usually an 8th grade certificate was the goal for dedicated boys or girls, but it was by no means expected. Many left to marry, work the farm, etc.

Quote:
Ghana, the ratio of gilrs to boys in school is over 90%, and has been for more than 20 years. It is, in that sense, a modern culture as much so as our own.

Up until about what grade? How much college, for example?

Quote:
O course, girls giving birth as young teens exhibit a whole range of high risk factors before they even sexually active, as a consequence of their personal family life and economic circumstances. For the most part, they were raped or sold into marriage before age 15, and nobody cared, and there was never ob-gyn attention in the picture.. It would be unrealistic to expect a favorable outcome.
Also physically, as they do not yet have adult/mature bodies, as mentioned in my link. Physically it is more dangerous for both the mother and child, prenatal care or no prenatal care. It IS a factor. A very big one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,213,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Children should never be having children.

ETA: In this day and age.
And to address the OP, God did not make one version for then and another for now.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,415,758 times
As I brought up earlier in my first posting to this thread:

It is utterly astounding that it has been found to be biologically possible (provably so) for select 5- or 6-year-old girls to be able to become pregnant. Maybe there have, as well, historically been (or will be found to have been) cases of even-younger girls that can become pregnant (such as age 4 or 3). If there is, in fact, some type of supreme being that has control and dominion over all that is in the entirety of existence, how can it possibly deem that this is wise, proper, practical, moral, et al to allow such outcomes to prevail within humanity? What is this supreme being thinking in allowing such an outcome to EVER be possible under ANY circumstances? And allowing such young girls to be capable of being impregnated at such a very young age leaves such children very open to being raped by less-than-moral males (whether adult males or teen males or pre-teen males who themselves are capable of making a female pregnant). This is-- in NO way, shape, or form --the thinking that would characterize a so-callled supreme being who is supposedly all-wise, all-knowing, morally pure and perfect, and caring about what is in the best interests of the welfare of its created beings such as us humans. A 3- or 4- or 5- or 6-year old girl (a virtual baby) is fit to be taking on the role of a mother/parent/caretaker/rearer of however many children????!!!??!!!!!!!!!?????? In what universe? I'm sorry, Christian apologists of whatever persuasion, you are NOT going to be able to apologize your way out of this quagmire. If you say "It's the Devil that allows it to prevail", then why would the alledgedly all-powerful God that you always speak of ever allow the Devil to do so? The purported Devil's will and power is more powerful than God's will and power?

I wonder: Have these various young girls of 5- or 6-years-of-age who have been found in history to-date to have become pregnant (whether they ultimately actually brought the births to term or not) been found to ALSO have the development of public hairs in their pubic areas, hair under their armpits, the development of breasts that can supply milk (and hence have developed nipples), amongst other questions? Or can they simply become pregnant but otherwise NOT have these other signs of being a developing woman in-the-makng even at that very very young age?

Old 12-03-2018, 09:56 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Before a century or so ago, there WAS NO edication for girls, at any age.

In Ghana, the ratio of gilrs to boys in school is over 90%, and has been for more than 20 years. It is, in that sense, a modern culture as much so as our own.

Of course, girls giving birth as young teens exhibit a whole range of high risk factors before they even become sexually active, as a consequence of their personal family life and economic circumstances. For the most part, they were raped or sold into marriage before age 15, and nobody cared, and there was never ob-gyn attention in the picture.. It would be unrealistic to expect a favorable outcome.
So sad.

I would literally agree to be tortured for 10 years everyday to end up being quartered for my daughter, and the only thing that terrifies me more is that I wont have a grandaughter before I die................I feel shame because I don't even want to know the reality of others.

God help them, I can't even imagine life if my daughter died, much less to suffer what so many other daughters suffered.

I am a hermit, but if I had a chance to legaly adopt and move in 50 abused little girls, I would have 50 grandaughters who would one day rule the world because they were loved so much. How do people get to a place where they could hurt a little girl? I have always been naive in trusting everyone, I always assume the best out of people and more than often people shock you almost enough to give up hope, and then you come across a true soul who reminds you what humankind is worth.........We are so small, we have just begun to be civilized and no matter how bad it looks right now, civil behavior has ever been evolving faster today than at any other time and we can actually see a view to a utopia no matter what wars take place, we are evolving very fast and for the good, and sometimes before things can get better, things have to get their worst, it is when things don't get their worst that pain is prolonged because an end will not come until it is forced.

WE are so small and weak and just at the beginning of our evolution like a child given a billion dollars who doesn't know what to do with it.

Things have evolved so fast that we can't understand in real time, what we are just now understanding is like finally getting a grasp and understanding of the 80's, in our thinking. We can't imagine how much has evolved, we can't get outside the box to see where we are because we are as a child at the beginning of an era.

War is absolutely horrible, but what happens when a modern war takes place?

Intelligence and infranstructure leading to a civilized culture. Roads and industry come in, and little by little civilation is taking place until the whole world has an iphone........

That Arab Spring that happened where all the leaders were thrown down in the first time in history, it happened in the middle East and ironicaly, it happened over the price of wheat and before you knew it, we watched the king of Egypt sitting in a cell and an Arab uprising beginning where all the leaders were cast down save one.

What began this greatest of historical events? At no time in history have the people of Egypt and other Arab countries stood up and thrown down their leaders as it was in the Arab Spring, it was miracle history and what do we have to thank for this?

Facebook.

In no other era has the common man had a way to unite in such a way to call all people together at once, but because everyone had a phone with social media they were able to organize in a way that had never been available to any other people in any other time.

I feel so sad what is happening in the world today, but I have nothing but hope for the future because we are already set on a path of change, and that change will happen swiftly. It is not always going to be ok to sell a child or abuse a child.

So much evil in the world today that one can almost forget how fast we are becoming civilized........

Love will conquer cruelty, it is so much stronger than cruelty that it hasn't a chance.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-03-2018 at 10:12 PM..

Old 12-04-2018, 08:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have always been naive in trusting everyone, I always assume the best out of people...

Love will conquer cruelty, it is so much stronger
than cruelty that it hasn't a chance.
Oh, Hannie....keep those good thoughts.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:14 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,213,146 times
Here is how God works, folks, He maximizes the opportunities for reproduction of the species, and then lets natural selection take care of culling the ones at the margins with lower prospects for success,

A frog may lay 20,000 eggs in a lifetime, and only one will survive to adulthood.

Last edited by cebuan; 12-04-2018 at 06:25 PM..

Old 12-04-2018, 07:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh, Hannie....keep those good thoughts.
They're true.

Cruelty hardens. But love melts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality