Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 05:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Young girls can have babies once they start menstruating, which is starting earlier and earlier.

I am wondering if teen pregnancy is "wrong," then is "God" also wrong for designing young girls to be able to conceive at young ages?

Please do not quote scripture, but think about this question, and give a thoughtful response as to why a human being would be designed in a way that would then be frowned upon and difficult to interfere with (as in birth control, abortion, etc.).

It seems like a simple design flaw. If women are not "supposed" to give birth until age 20 say (just picked an arbitrary number), then why would "God" design them capable of having babies at age 10 through teens when they are unable to support themselves, act independently, or have the maturity to parent a child?
lmao. all it proves is that if there is a god he/she/undecided understands more then we do. I have to laugh when humans insert human morals into universal laws.

try this on for size: what is wrong is people thinking that just because a person can have a child doesn't mean they are exempt from natural consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 11:30 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The whole premise is silly since it's referring to the artificial standards of today and in countries like ours.

In other times and other places the ages at which people were expected to do or not do something is/was vastly different than our current arbitrary ones.
The former standards were artificial (if you will) too. Primarily for dominance and control (including land control and religious control, as well as inheritance) reasons. It's all "artificial" if there is not literal choice going on, and there sure wasn't in bygone eras.

In addition, it is not just culturally arbitrary that a 13-year-old girl 's growth can be physically affected by a pregnancy, that her chances are increased of bsaring a child with genetic defects, or that it girls still had children starting from very early ages and raising children, their education would be cut off due to time issues alone and we'd neighborhoods backward in that regard too.

Biology doesn't "care" about that, it tends to literal survival. If we were to dumb down in this manner it wouldn't be a crisis for the earth. Many animals survive with no intellectual education and with many many mothers and young dyimg. Therefore, humans, like other animals, have as long a reproductive life as possible, no matter what the risks, including physical.

So no, it's not outmoded and arbitrary to attempt to keep 12-year-olds from giving birth. It's compassionate, it's intelligent, and it shows that we want to keep advancing, not become like scratching animals again. That part IS about choice - a biologically human hallmark - and it makes sense.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:37 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
You are rude.

Beyond that, I have not a clue what your remark means.

If "God" designed humans, then "he" designed them to function in a certain way, and that, of course, would include menstruation.

* Never mind. I read some of your posts. You sound like a real *******.
And he's going to continue to be a rude bigot as long as people ignore him and let him.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:43 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
I think I did not state my question accurately.

I am looking for logical explanations from people who believe in "God."

IF YOU believe in God, then what is YOUR EXPLANATION as to why "God" would allow young GIRLS to have babies? YOUNG GIRLS (of any cultural, and at any time in history, excepting tribal life) HAVE NO WAY TO CARE FOR OR SUPPORT BABIES.

So, was this a design flaw by "God" (who is all-knowing, supposedly) - to design GIRLS to have BABIES when "he" knows full-well in today's society (or at any time except in tribal times/cultures when someone else would raise the kids) that this is unworkable?????

Looking for logic from believers in God, re: design flaw in girls.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
I think I did not state my question accurately.

I am looking for logical explanations from people who believe in "God."

IF YOU believe in God, then what is YOUR EXPLANATION as to why "God" would allow young GIRLS to have babies? YOUNG GIRLS (of any cultural, and at any time in history, excepting tribal life) HAVE NO WAY TO CARE FOR OR SUPPORT BABIES.

So, was this a design flaw by "God" (who is all-knowing, supposedly) - to design GIRLS to have BABIES when "he" knows full-well in today's society (or at any time except in tribal times/cultures when someone else would raise the kids) that this is unworkable?????

Looking for logic from believers in God, re: design flaw in girls.
Well, look at how old Mary was when she carried baby Jesus, between 12 and 14 yrs old. I dont think age is that big of a deal to God, and if you look at history and the modern world, its MAN, who has put such a strong emphasis on age.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, look at how old Mary was when she carried baby Jesus, between 12 and 14 yrs old. I dont think age is that big of a deal to God, and if you look at history and the modern world, its MAN, who has put such a strong emphasis on age.
Yes, I was just about to bring that up.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And he's going to continue to be a rude bigot as long as people ignore him and let him.
Poor, sad Fundie.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:47 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The whole premise is silly since it's referring to the artificial standards of today and in countries like ours.

In other times and other places the ages at which people were expected to do or not do something is/was vastly different than our current arbitrary ones.
true.

if today's 45 is yesterday's 35; that imply's that today's 28 is yesterdays 18. And we definitely see that playing out in high school and early college. when I was a senior I knew I had 10 months to leave.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
It is?

Have you ever been a 12-year-old child lying underneath a 30-year-old man who was saying "Stop crying, this is a good thing, I'm going to make you a Mommy"?

Do you think 12-year-olds naturally gravitate to adult males for sex? And that God planned it that way?

Because if you believe Mary's (assumed) age constitutes what God wants, and that means you believe all the other allowable things in the Old Testament were what God wanted too. Do you? Slavery, paying a fine and marrying a girl for raping her, and all the rest?

In reality, if anything is man's construct, it's these "I'll be the dominant one" rules in the name of an ever-changing perception of "God." It is wildly different among cultures, time periods, etc. That alone should prove that just ONE point in time, among one small category of people, probably didn't happen to hit the mark and be exactly "what God wanted."

Old 11-21-2018, 01:31 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
I agree with this, BUT you forgot that young girls cannot support themselves, so now what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality