Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 05:04 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,468,191 times

Advertisements

There are quite a few verses in the text but in surah 30:52-53:

So surely thou canst not make the dead to hear, nor canst thou make the deaf to hear the call, when they turn back retreating.

Nor canst thou guide the blind out of their error. Thou canst make none to hear but those who believe in our messages, so they submit.

Then in verse 59 of the same chapter: Thus does Allah seal the hearts of those who know not.

There are others but I don't keep tabs. People who act in the opposite way are religous zealots pursing their own agenda. God gives free will, so why would he give man the right to take it away? And you are right. That missionary was warned. It did not have to end this way. He ignored clear signs to change course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 05:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
was that his first and only attempt?

if not, maybe death is a bit harsh, but at some point we need to zap the sqeeters.

we have to go into a bigger picture.

how do you anti-religious want to handle the mass of people heading to our border? they have been warned.

are we applying the same rules?

Old 11-24-2018, 05:45 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So it’s a “proof beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus is imaginary”?
If Jesus helping you to find your car -keys is considered good evidence, this is proof positive that if there any kind of god, don't expect it to do a damn' thing for you.

Tremoni's post above... very interesting example of the Biblical 'God will defend us! God will defeat our enemies" God will not let us be beaten!!"

"Oh Crap".

"Well you see, we were not faithful enough. We backslid into doubt and wickedness and He punished us. yes, yes, what we need to do is find some more wicked betrayers and doubters and eliminate them..."

Old 11-24-2018, 05:54 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So it’s a “proof beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus is imaginary”?
Definitely. You can go with the argument 303guy does and say God withdrew His protection because John Chau was disobedient but the you have to ask "Why is God saying, "DON'T go into a place to tell the people about my son and his salvation!" That doesn't make any sense if God wants to save all men through Jesus.

Or you can say "Jesus' promise in Mark 16:15-18 is a lie"

Quote:
He said to them, “Go into ALL the world and preach the gospel to ALL creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
and that's getting a little closer to the truth but it still makes a liar out of Jesus, right, because Jesus commands ALL Christians to go into ALL parts of the world?

Or you can come right out and admit Jesus, the son of God never existed so there was no Jesus to rescue this guy.

However Christians choose to go with this thing it's a lose-lose-lose for them. And for Jesus.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 11-24-2018 at 06:11 PM..

Old 11-24-2018, 06:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
All I see is the thread title, but I can't imagine a more heartless, tacky, idiotic, and just plain obnoxious post. This thread displays a new level of bigotry and hatred by the non-religious toward Christianity.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:14 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,468,191 times
People take the bible too literally. There are layers to this. You can "preach the gospel" by being a good person...living well. God is about actions. It's not enough to believe. You must ACT in the ways that are acceptable to God. How many people in your life have you admired just because they were good people who did right by others? You don't have to be religious to reflect the light of God. I think that's the message of the NT. The goodness should be in your heart and reflected in your deeds. That will draw more people to you and God than preaching to them.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All I see is the thread title, but I can't imagine a more heartless, tacky, idiotic, and just plain obnoxious post. This thread displays a new level of bigotry and hatred by the non-religious toward Christianity.
Hehe.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:29 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
You must be delighted to have an excuse to make Christianity the persecuted martyr because some Bible-beating Nosey Parker defied Temporal Law and found that God didn't save him. And Atheists are not allowed to mention anything that shows up how false, arrogant and egotistical Christianity really is. Yes I am sorry..a bit...that the dude got topped, but not a lot as if he'd been prevented for going there he and all Christendom would be screaming persecution, martyrdom and proof that Hinduism is the work of Satan. So getting shot was probably the best thing he could have done.

And you trying to shame us for picking up yet another religious Fail on several levels just shows what a hypocritical, whiney, dishonest bunch you are.

Respectfully.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You must be delighted to have an excuse to make Christianity the persecuted martyr because some Bible-beating Nosey Parker defied Temporal Law and found that God didn't save him. And Atheists are not allowed to mention anything that shows up how false, arrogant and egotistical Christianity really is. Yes I am sorry..a bit...that the dude got topped, but not a lot as if he'd been prevented for going there he and all Christendom would be screaming persecution, martyrdom and proof that Hinduism is the work of Satan. So getting shot was probably the best thing he could have done.

And you trying to shame us for picking up yet another religious Fail on several levels just shows what a hypocritical, whiney, dishonest bunch you are.

Respectfully.
Nope. I think it's tacky and rude and incredibly heartless and uncaring to to gleefully rejoice at a man's death.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Nope. I think it's tacky and rude and incredibly heartless and uncaring to to gleefully rejoice at a man's death.
wait a second, he was a theist. thats different in trans sect of atheism. if it was an atheist he would crying all sorts of persecution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality