Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 08:08 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
lol...ok.
You are of the father of the devil, said Jesus to the Jews.

I can explain the grammar if you wish.

Or you can simply ignore the theological conclusion if you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 08:12 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
This post is idiotic. Any one will die if they get shot by arrows or a gun. Athiests cant even understand that fact.
You had that correct.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:20 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,513,348 times
Point of clarification. The scripture you quoted in the OP related to the evidence of the signs and wonders not hurting the person. It does not mean that evangelism would not hurt the person.

Reading comprehension 101.

Believe what you want about Jesus or Christianity.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:03 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie
NO, he followed what his convictions were. He did not force his belief on anyone. He peacefully went there, after learning the language, and attempted to contact them_
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I sure hope your just teasing.
That's the scary part: Fundie is NOT teasing.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 11-29-2018 at 10:32 AM..

Old 11-29-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
They know the language? Then how have they been isolated and murderous towards all foreigners who are all unwelcome for 3,000 years?
Now I'm confused.
No, Fundie is all wet again. Chau clearly did NOT know their Sentinelese language. He tried to shout a few words in English

Quote:
“I hollered, ‘My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you,’ ” he wrote in his journal.
The guy clearly had a whole textbook of psychological problems. We can assume a great deal of it came from his indoctrination in the Christian religion.

Get this: the mother believes he is still alive.

Quote:
“I believe he is still alive,” she said in a short email to The Post. Asked why, she replied, “My prayers.”
This is the depth to which delusion stretches among the Christians. I am so glad I got out of it and into the real world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.b6e141c00e3e

Last edited by thrillobyte; 11-29-2018 at 10:21 AM..

Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
This post is idiotic. Any one will die if they get shot by arrows or a gun. Athiests cant even understand that fact.
In what way is a God who refuses to protect His followers who are in the very act of attempting to spread His Word in any way different from a God who never existed to begin with?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No, Fundie is all wet again. Chau clearly did NOT know their Sentinelese language. He tried to shout a few words in English

The guy clearly had a whole textbook of psychological problems. We can assume a great deal of it came from his indoctrination in the Christian religion.

Get this: the mother believes he is still alive.

This is the depth to which delusion stretches among the Christians. I am so glad I got out of it and into the real world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.b6e141c00e3e
You mean the real world where hopeless people are commiting sucide in record numbers? This guy may have been foolish in his actions, but his heart was in the right place and that's what matters.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:35 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You mean the real world where hopeless people are commiting sucide in record numbers? This guy may have been foolish in his actions, but his heart was in the right place and that's what matters.
Just remember what you said, his heart is in the right place, and that is all that matters. That might come back and bite you. Unless you get to decide what is the right pkace. 😀

Old 11-29-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
his heart was in the right place
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The Conquistadors intended to convert the Incas to Christianity. When that failed the Conquistadors wiped out the Inca civilization. I suppose you think their hearts were in the right place too. The missionaries to Hawaii brought disease that nearly wiped out the entire Hawaiian population but I suppose their hearts were in the right place too.

Christianity preaches this unwavering belief that Christians have a right to poke their noses into other cultures' affairs even when the cultures have zero desire to have them there. This is the gargantuan hubris that Christianity carries around with it like a cancer looking to spread itself into the entire human organism until the organism dies from rot.

John Chau was just a tiny pimple of no significance to anyone except that in his death he achieved immortality--not from bringing Christianity to a pagan people who didn't want it, but from exposing to the world the sheer ineptitude Christians exercise when they have absolutely no idea what they are doing and the harm they can bring to an isolated tribe and the complete impotence or disinterest their god, Jesus has in helping or saving the lives of people who blindly die for him.

What a human tragedy.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 11-29-2018 at 12:03 PM..

Old 11-29-2018, 01:11 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Jeff, you already had your ass handed to you on that gleeful howling at atheists. Isn't it time to stop deluding yourself?

Even if it was true, believing comfortable lies that give false hope is not better that facing up to the truth?

And when did life become so valuable in Christianity that it has to be prolonged at any cost, unless you can wangle a martyrdom so you can get a priority boarding pass to heaven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Just remember what you said, his heart is in the right place, and that is all that matters. That might come back and bite you. Unless you get to decide what is the right pkace. ��
Indeed. This is why religion has to be pushed out of of society. It is far too full of people causing harm to others and indeed to themselves by 'having their heart in the right place'.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-29-2018 at 01:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality