Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2018, 07:02 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, a great deal of this is to make a point.

But as far as do I believe Jesus existed? I don't know. 50-50. And if he did exist, I believe he was just a man...a teacher of sorts. I don't believe in all the "magic".

What I am complaining about is a statement that you make: "Dead Missionary Proves Beyond Shadow Of Doubt Jesus Is Imaginary". No. It simply does not prove that.
OMG! I've been misunderstood all this time. Phetaroi just take everything I've said and apply it to a Jesus son of God risen from the dead and ascended and sitting at God the Father's right hand right this minute who Stephen literally saw just before he was stoned. It is this Jesus supposedly interacting in the world today in his supernatural form waiting to return to earth to judge the living and the dead that I say is imaginary.

I've said all along it is possible a man called Jesus lived 2000 years ago but he died. He's not alive today. This is the Jesus of Christians' imagination. Are we on the same page now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 08:10 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
OMG! I've been misunderstood all this time. Phetaroi just take everything I've said and apply it to a Jesus son of God risen from the dead and ascended and sitting at God the Father's right hand right this minute who Stephen literally saw just before he was stoned. It is this Jesus supposedly interacting in the world today in his supernatural form waiting to return to earth to judge the living and the dead that I say is imaginary.

I've said all along it is possible a man called Jesus lived 2000 years ago but he died. He's not alive today. This is the Jesus of Christians' imagination. Are we on the same page now?
No, I'm afraid we're not, but that's okay.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
No, I'm afraid we're not, but that's okay.
Well, should I pursue this or should I just let it go, because I don't understand where the confusion is.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Well, should I pursue this or should I just let it go, because I don't understand where the confusion is.
If you can't understand that the title of your thread is just plain wrong...then let it go.

There's no prize either way.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
If you can't understand that the title of your thread is just plain wrong...then let it go.

There's no prize either way.
God, how many times do I have to explain this?????

Jesus promised he'd be with John Chau:

Quote:
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations...And surely I am with you always. Matthew 28:19-20
John Chau gets killed proselytizing to the natives. Jesus is not with him.

Why isn't Jesus with John Chau?

Because Jesus died 2000 years ago so the Jesus who promised he'd be with the people who proclaim him throughout the ages doesn't exist. He's imaginary.

I mean come on....this isn't rocket science.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:17 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
House of could be a group, a family...
When he was talking about "house of Omri" he was talking about the Kings of Israel, and so the same would be truth for "DAVIDHOUSE" in terms of being the Kings of Judah.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
There's never been a single documented instance where someone prayed to Jesus openly and the desired result clearly came about for all to see.
Nonsense! Look at all the car keys he's found!

Old 12-10-2018, 01:04 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Well, a great deal of this is to make a point.

But as far as do I believe Jesus existed? I don't know. 50-50. And if he did exist, I believe he was just a man...a teacher of sorts. I don't believe in all the "magic".

What I am complaining about is a statement that you make: "Dead Missionary Proves Beyond Shadow Of Doubt Jesus Is Imaginary". No. It simply does not prove that.
Quite so. We have to be clear about what Jesus claim is being made. There are several
(1) a Historical Jesus - a real man upon whom Christianity is based and whom may or may not have been like the Jesus of the gospels.
(2) the christian Jesus who talked like a Paulinist Christian and who may or may not have actually expressed those views.
(3) a resurrected Jesus in heaven who is acting as a god, directing and protecting those who believe in him and try to do his will.
(4) an inspirational figure or teacher who (real or not) is a good role-model.

(3) is the one we are talking about here. (1) and (2) are not relevant to this discussion.
Quote:
The title of the thread...taken at face value...no. It does not prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is imaginary.
As we often say to religious apologists, nothing can be known 100%. But, given the firm claims and assurances of Christian beliefs, when they don't pan out, the evidence surely is strong that they are not true.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Nonsense! Look at all the car keys he's found!
He bent my umbrella I'm going into denial

Old 12-10-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
God, how many times do I have to explain this?????

Jesus promised he'd be with John Chau:

John Chau gets killed proselytizing to the natives. Jesus is not with him.

Why isn't Jesus with John Chau?

Because Jesus died 2000 years ago so the Jesus who promised he'd be with the people who proclaim him throughout the ages doesn't exist. He's imaginary.

I mean come on....this isn't rocket science.
I tell you what. Since you have now definitely proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is imaginary, message me when the following headline shows up on the front page of the Washington Post: OBSCURE POSTER PROVES BEYOND SHADOW OF DOUBT THAT JESUS IS IMAGINARY.

Maybe Jesus was busy.
Maybe Chau misread the bible.
Maybe Jesus didn't agree with Chau.
Maybe Jesus was imaginary to Chau.
Maybe Chau was just plain crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality