Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 05:44 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,958,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
There appears to be some conspiracy theories that the Missionary may still be alive!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...be-still-alive

Somehow I doubt it, and that he is not now learning Sentinelese and preaching the Good News.
A very foolish mistake made by the this young man, considering the history there. (the last 2 illegal Indian fishermen who strayed onto the shores were killed in 2006)
Yes, the rumor was started by the mother. She wrote to the Washington Post and said, "My son is still alive" When they asked how she knew she said (with a straight face, I imagine)

"I prayed."

Crazy Christians!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 05:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,612,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, the rumor was started by the mother. She wrote to the Washington Post and said, "My son is still alive" When they asked how she knew she said (with a straight face, I imagine)

"I prayed."

Crazy Christians!
newton's apple.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

"I prayed."

Crazy Christians!
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Fundamentalists breed and vote. Therein lie their greatest threats.

Education is the best weapon against them. Education lifts the rock of ignorance and shines a light beneath.

Fundies fear the light of truth and reason. They will scuttle away to a new, smaller, darker place and in a couple of generations, become completely irrelevant.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:44 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Also they used the nearby island term for coconuts.

Either the language was not know to the outside world or it was wemm known enough for Chau to have learnt it. I thought his diary had stated that on his second encounter he yelled back words he hear from the first and they laughed at him.
They did. I got to watch the film and thy don't seem to get into the boats as some online still photos suggested. Just wade out to get the coconuts. Smart, too. One dude indicates "Stop wasting our time with one coconut at a time - give us the damn' sack". Sense of humour too - another one grins and waves his dick at them. Well he could see they were getting worked up with their womenfolk wading about buck nekkid, boobies flopping in the breeze and this was back in the days Indians didn't even have kissing on film.

But then (after the Tsunami and help was offered), it was business as usual. I suspect they may have associated such visits with people getting sick and dying. I said they were smart. They took the dude down as soon as he said the word "Jesus".

Yes, a photo of these fellows on the beach with their bows and arrows are going in the 'honorary merit' section of the Atheist Hall of Fame.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:11 PM

50,961 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
There appears to be some conspiracy theories that the Missionary may still be alive!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...be-still-alive

Somehow I doubt it, and that he is not now learning Sentinelese and preaching the Good News.
A very foolish mistake made by the this young man, considering the history there. (the last 2 illegal Indian fishermen who strayed onto the shores were killed in 2006)
Hmmmm.

I guess the ironic thing about this is that he wanted to introduce them to his beliefs. Instead, they introduced him to theirs.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:54 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,958,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Hmmmm.

I guess the ironic thing about this is that he wanted to introduce them to his beliefs. Instead, they introduced him to theirs.
Payback is a batch.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Quote:
Hmmmm.

I think that may be Quote of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Fundamentalists breed and vote. Therein lie their greatest threats.

Education is the best weapon against them. Education lifts the rock of ignorance and shines a light beneath.

Fundies fear the light of truth and reason. They will scuttle away to a new, smaller, darker place and in a couple of generations, become completely irrelevant.

I hope that you are right, but just now a large amount of effort and resources are being put into bricking all the streetlights.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:59 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,016,642 times
Quote:
Hmmmm.

Because I can not rep you again.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Who doesn't read Greek?
From your answers, the logical conclusion is you do not read Greek.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
The good thing about atheist, and liberal elite educated left wingers, is that they believe in and practice abortion, and live a life so depressing, that suicide and legalizing drug use seems the end result of their brief but forlorn existence. There is little reason that they will live a "couple of generations". Their road, using inductive reasoning, apparently will end at one generation.
No, the Christians will just invent even more straw people.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality