Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:08 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
We are like Jesus because like Peter proved we CAN walk on water. Good point.
Experience shows that it is not possible for a person to walk on water. Water tension CAN support certain things on the surface of water, if they are the right shape, and if they are light enough. Humans are neither.

So how has it been "proved we CAN walk on water?" Because it says so in Gospel Matthew (Matthew 14:22-33). Where does the author of Gospel Matthew get this information? Gospel Matthew has incorporated virtually the entire Gospel of Mark within it. Gospel Mark also indicates that Jesus walked on the surface of the Sea of Galilee (Mark 6:48-49). What do we know historically about author of The Gospel According to Mark? Little, really. But more than we know about the author of The Gospel According to Matthew.

Papias, writing in the the second century, and citing an individual he calls John the Elder (Presbyter), someone he knew personally, wrote:

“And the presbyter said this. Mark having become the interpreter of Peter, wrote down accurately whatsoever he remembered. It was not, however, in exact order that he related the sayings or deeds of Christ. For he neither heard the Lord nor accompanied Him. But afterwards, as I said, he accompanied Peter, who accommodated his instructions to the necessities [of his hearers], but with no intention of giving a regular narrative of the Lord’s sayings. Wherefore Mark made no mistake in thus writing some things as he remembered them. For of one thing he took especial care, not to omit anything he had heard, and not to put anything fictitious into the statements.”
http://crossexamined.org/wrote-gospel-mark/

So, in an effort to run down the source of this story, we are led to Peter as the source. What do we know about Peter? Only what scripture tells us. And scripture indicts Peter as one of the most notorious LIARS in all of western literature.

Matthew 26:
[69] Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
[70] But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
[71] And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
[72] And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
[73] And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
[74] Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the **** (rooster) crew.

How has it been "proved" that we can walk on water? Two thousand years ago an infamous liar said so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 10:40 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Could the Sea of Galilee have been partially frozen at the time?

Just thinking...
There is an even simpler explanation. It was dark. How did they know Jesus was there? Because they could hear him walking along the shore splashing through the water.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:52 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
"Alll -lasagne, Alll-lasagne...!"
You're making me hungry. Now look what you've done: I'm compelled to go to the supermarket next store right now and buy some ready-to-eat lasagna!!!

Old 12-01-2018, 11:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If you believe the story. That's the problem with crediting the Bible.

We have always been 'together'. It is the need of believers to credit Christianity with the basis of all such thinking and treating us as the enemy because we don't see it that way, is what causes the problem.
Its basically mind over matter. I believe we could probably all do things like this, if we really wanted to, but accessing the ability, or 'turning it on' is something that is lost to the ages for the most part.

There have been a few people that had telekinetic skills, it was only small objects, but they DID overcome the matter with their mind, another is the WW2 project involving remote viewing, they DID manage to stop a goats beating heart...with their mind! These were baby steps, I think if we knew how,they could probably strengthen their ability over time.

Old 12-01-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its basically mind over matter. I believe we could probably all do things like this, if we really wanted to, but accessing the ability, or 'turning it on' is something that is lost to the ages for the most part.

There have been a few people that had telekinetic skills, it was only small objects, but they DID overcome the matter with their mind, another is the WW2 project involving remote viewing, they DID manage to stop a goats beating heart...with their mind! These were baby steps, I think if we knew how,they could probably strengthen their ability over time.
"People do not understand how the real world works." - James Randi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwWL5ezA4g

Old 12-01-2018, 12:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its basically mind over matter.
I believe we could probably all do things like this, if we really wanted to, but accessing the ability, or 'turning it on' is something that is lost to the ages for the most part.
What the heck are u talkin' about?!
Lost to the ages? Lost to most here in the West, sure...alive and well in the East.

Be careful of self limitations! They actually grow into paper chains, my friend!

Old 12-01-2018, 12:08 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
"People do not understand how the real world works." - James Randi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwWL5ezA4g
That matchbox demo certainly explains away remote viewing and/or the ability to stop a living creatures heart.

Old 12-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
That matchbox demo certainly explains away remote viewing and/or the ability to stop a living creatures heart.
It explains how easy it is to fool and control sheep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOwIuh8YS44

Old 12-01-2018, 12:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Which sheep? All sheep?

Old 12-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Which sheep? All sheep?
Sheep are herd animals. So just who is a sheep depends on just who is prepared to be continuously flocked by being taught to have unquestioning faith in claims that tend to render them perpetually childlike in their gullibility.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality