Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 01:17 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You poor poor majority

There's an awfully lot of fear in the hearts of the christian majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Jeff, Monumentus spent some time and effort explaining to you several things including reasons for an increase in suicide rstes. But you are not the least bit interested in the reasons, you simply want to blame atheists for something or for anything. That you are unwilling to read the reasons provided by not only posters, but the actual article you personally linked tells me that you are not interested in a discussion, just reasons to attack us. If telling you to read a few posts without a preconceived view of what the poster might be telling you as garbage it shows that you truly care neither for a discussion nor for evidence.

It is way past the time you stopped hiding behind your religion. It is Jeff, not Christians, that makes these absurd posts, attacks atheists, thinks ever atheists is responsible for what another one ssid, and cannot conduct a civil discussion. It is Jeff and his posts that we debate and argue against. Some of the people you claim hate God and Christians are in fact Christians themselves. If you are going to make claims, assertions or insults, be brave enough to own up to them and be willing to defend your points rather than hide behind some false claim that we are mocking Christians. We do mock certain claims made by certain Christians.

Atheists have explained to you over and over and over again what gives our lives value, hope and meaning. That you will never accept it that we can have any value without your belief set is on you not us and yes it is sad that you cannot see that.

So what was the garbage I posted? That some Christians are bad or that some atheists are good?

If you truly loved everyone you would not have been the least upset on what I posted, but you don't have any love for us. You must think that atheists, gays and perhaps liberals and liberal Christians are you sworn enemies who must be attacked on all times. We respond to Jeff and what he says not your God or Christianity.

If you think reading Monumentus post, go back to the OP and read the article you linked. You will find reasons for increased suicide rates, none of them is atheism.
Excellent post. Well written and on target.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

And my brand of Christian is shared by the majority of Christians.
Actually, that's not at all true. Almost all of the people throughout my whole life that I have or currently associate with -- past and present -- have been and are christians. None that I know ever sound like you.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:24 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:

And my brand of Christian is shared by the majority of Christians.
Oh, so you were Roman Catholic this whole time?

You had sounded more like one of those Fundamentalists that got their start in the 19th century.

I might even peg you for an Evangelical that got their start in the 18th century (although rather not since you don't often discuss magic/supernatural gifts from God and how all Christians are one in what I would call liberal-bent Jesus). Conservative-bent Jesus is the one with the more Fundamentalist.

Although most people do like to sprinkle variety into their cafeteria portions.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 12-03-2018 at 01:32 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 01:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:

And what is the point of cherishing and honoring their memory? Eventually you will cease to exist as well and along goes your honored memory of them too. There is no purpose in it.
whats is wrong with that jeff? it actually shows you don't understand the universe even as much as I do. Your life is just the universe universing. the universe doesn't just go away.

my parents, wife, and children think I am special, but that's a them problem.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:34 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
While there is a higher rate of suicide among the religiously unaffiliated, it would be wrong to assume that lack of religion is the sole factor.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:52 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
It's nothing more than the typical condescending arrogant garbage that always comes from your camp. Is this really how atheists find meaning in life, by talking down to Christians and mocking us? If so, that is really sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If that's all you got out of Monumentus' post, THAT is what is sad.
Holy crap, yeah.

I'm not going to quote the entire posts, but kudos to both monumentus and phetaroi for post Nos. 144 and 146.

They resonated with this theist.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:18 PM

1,402 posts, read 476,797 times
Quote:
There is no meaning to life or hope with athiesm. Love is nothing more than a chemical reaction in your world. If I believed everything I read in these discussions, I would believe that all atheists have wonderful perfect life and never struggle with anything. Baloney.
Atheists are human... of course they have struggles, and less-than-perfect lives. And yes, some of them even commit suicide. I haven't seen anyone claiming what you say you read in these discussions.

But your first sentence above is baseless, wrong, ill-founded, close-minded, hard-hearted, spiteful (... notice I didn't say stupid). If you were actually interested, I suspect many here could explain why their lives have meaning and hope, even in the absence of certain beliefs that you appear to find as prerequisites. All you're doing now is showing yourself to be very... "unchristian." It's really not a good look.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:27 PM

62 posts, read 33,415 times
Quote:
If you want me to get something out of a post, maybe they should try and not start off commenting about how stupid I am.
Wow, a dose of your own medicine seems to be more than you can handle.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Holy crap, yeah.

I'm not going to quote the entire posts, but kudos to both monumentus and phetaroi for post Nos. 144 and 146.

They resonated with this theist.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality