Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 01:17 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Jeff is like our dear leader, and apparently feels the need to constantly say things like, "they're gonna stay blocked!", while still responding to the person.... Cowardly little Jeffery... Wants to respond, but doesn't want to see responses... How SAD.

I also see that he has ignored the fact that atheism can't be blamed any more than other things, and apparently thinks that today is the same as 50+ years ago, which just goes to show how ignorant he truly is.
Well, it's certainly obvious he has not taken even an introductory level statistics class. Or if he did, he failed to understand the most basic principals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 01:22 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, it's certainly obvious he has not taken even an introductory level statistics class. Or if he did, he failed to understand the most basic principals.
Well, yeah, that is plainly obvious. He has made it obvious that he isn't really interested in learning, so this is no surprise. The baffling part of his last ignorant post, is that he thinks things are the same now as they have always been... I mean, could you be any more delusional? The US, even just 20-30 years ago, was a far cry from what it is now, for better and worse. To say, as he did, "If all those factors are the prime driving force of suicide in those countries then what changed? The factors are pretty much the same as in previous years and decades."...

Come on now... Even Jeff should be able to see, even if he is in his 20's and has no real life experiences (or in his 40's with no real life experiences ), that things are not the same as they were. The pressures on kids and adults are much higher now than they were. COL has gone up dramatically, while wages have not. You need a college degree or a trade to make more than about $12 an hour in most places, leading to debt and struggles paying bills.... This isn't difficult to understand.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:19 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Typical atheist arrogance. Every atheist I've met acts like they are the supreme expert in EVERYTHING.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:24 PM

23,128 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical atheist arrogance. Every atheist I've met acts like they are the supreme expert in EVERYTHING.
Typical Christian arrogance.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
So how many stat courses have you taken?

Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It's very much like I could honestly say that every alcoholic I have met has been a christian, therefore christianity causes alcoholism. And yet I would never claim such a ridiculous thing, even though the first half of that sentence is true.
It's only ridiculous because your claim has no relationship between the two factoids. OTOH, I explained why atheism which is hopeless at its core would lead someone to commit suicide especially if their life sucked. There really would be no point in going on suffering but merely to delay your trip to the compost heep and becoming worm food.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So how many stat courses have you taken?
How many have you, stat expert?

Old 08-14-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
It's only ridiculous because your claim has no relationship between the two factoids. OTOH, I explained why atheism which is hopeless at its core would lead someone to commit suicide especially if their life sucked. There really would be no point in going on suffering but merely to delay your trip to the compost heep and becoming worm food.
But you're just stating opinions. Big deal.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
How many have you, stat expert?
3 at the grad level.

But I notice you didn't answer the question.

P.S. I never called myself a stat expert. Did I?

Old 08-14-2019, 02:31 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
More dumbstuff from the King of Dumbstuff. As explained by every atheist that has ever responded to Jeff on this nonsense, atheism values life more than religion. If you believe this is all there is, why would you not want to make the best of it? Live, love, laugh, etc.

The only people who see atheism as "hopeless", are hapless people who don't know what they are talking about. Atheism values life and experiences. Religion values death, and and possible God. As a non-believer who has had a very crappy life at times, and thought there was a good chance I wouldn't live to see 20, I can honestly say I have never felt hopeless. I fought and clawed to get my life back, for the sole purpose of living. Had I been a believer, I could have just let myself slide into depression and death. After all, I would have been in a better place, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality