Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34,
I was telling you about that documentary I watched on the Bible code. They interviewed the people who believe that it's real and who are making these predictions and the guy stated that he looked he looked for specific words after the 911 attacks such as airplane, terrorist, etc. and that is what I was basing my remarks on. Since New York City is the number one target along with Washington DC for a terrorist attack it doesn't surprise me that someone would search for words that would make that statement. Remember New York had been attacked in an earlier terrorist incident prior to 911. My whole point is that you're going to find whatever you're looking for.
again you seem to miss the point. They are not just a few random words where you say ahh there is a prediction. These words are clustered tightly together and describe these events in great detail from names, dates, places ect. This has never been demonstrated before in any book like this, even War and Peace. If you believe in God and you believe that God wrote the Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) then you have to believe in the POSSIBILTY that God could do something like this as a warning for the generation that lives in the end times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 AM

713 posts, read 1,957,524 times
Quote:
Campbell34,
I was telling you about that documentary I watched on the Bible code. They interviewed the people who believe that it's real and who are making these predictions and the guy stated that he looked he looked for specific words after the 911 attacks such as airplane, terrorist, etc. and that is what I was basing my remarks on. Since New York City is the number one target along with Washington DC for a terrorist attack it doesn't surprise me that someone would search for words that would make that statement. Remember New York had been attacked in an earlier terrorist incident prior to 911. My whole point is that you're going to find whatever you're looking for.

Yet you said Campbell did not "understand" how the Bible codes worked.

However, in the 1999 production of "Bible Codes: the Future and Beyond" Keith Jackson cleary states that it is encoded that New York will be attacked by terrorists a little after the year 2000. This guy was not LOOKING for a terriorist attack. HE DID NOT EVEN KNOW ONE EXISTED YET!

Now I do not think we are even close to completely grasping these codes, yet I do believe there is something to them. Especially when they CAN predict the future.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 AM

The codes predicted Yitzhak Rabin's assasination and he was shown the codes and was warned. But Yitzhak Rabin didnt take precautions and he was assasinated. Thats just one example....another code that was found says that a great earthquake will happen in Los Angeles in 2010. I guess we will have to wait til then to find out.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
gsoboi wrote:
Quote:
again you seem to miss the point. They are not just a few random words where you say ahh there is a prediction. These words are clustered tightly together and describe these events in great detail from names, dates, places ect.
There is no point. They were looking for words that would predict an attack on New York and of course they found them. With billions of possibilities you're going to find whatever you want. As far as the clustering is concerned you just keep plugging in words that could be associated with an event until you get some that are clustered, it's as simple as that. Then after the attack happened on 911 they went back and started looking for more words since they now had they had all of the details and of course they found them. You could find absolutely any topic and do the same thing. You could run words through the Bible code for baking a cake and I guarantee that you'd find everything you were looking for. Why can't you guys see this for what it is? This is really fringe stuff that very few people are going to take seriously. As I stated on an earlier post if this were a real code you'd get an entire text instead of gibberish. That fact alone should make you take a closer look at it.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
gsoboi wrote:

There is no point. They were looking for words that would predict an attack on New York and of course they found them. With billions of possibilities you're going to find whatever you want. As far as the clustering is concerned you just keep plugging in words that could be associated with an event until you get some that are clustered, it's as simple as that. Then after the attack happened on 911 they went back and started looking for more words since they now had they had all of the details and of course they found them. You could find absolutely any topic and do the same thing. You could run words through the Bible code for baking a cake and I guarantee that you'd find everything you were looking for. Why can't you guys see this for what it is? This is really fringe stuff that very few people are going to take seriously. As I stated on an earlier post if this were a real code you'd get an entire text instead of gibberish. That fact alone should make you take a closer look at it.
you cant find that in any book and in fact its only been proven in the Bible...keep in mind its not about randomly finding letters to make up a phrase. The letters are in skip sequences for example, every 25 letters.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 AM

SouperStar34 wrote:
Quote:
This guy was not LOOKING for a terriorist attack. HE DID NOT EVEN KNOW ONE EXISTED YET!
Yes he was. On the documentary I mentioned they explain exactly what they do. They're trying in a word and looking for a hit. They're going to get alot of them because the Bible is so large. Because New York had been attacked prior to 911 it was a likely target for another one so they just typed in words that could be associated with a terrorist attack until they got what they wanted. This one happened to come true and then they came back and added more words since they had the details about buildings and airplanes and of course they got more hits. I'm sure what these guys are doing is sitting there and typing out thousands of words for other targets and getting hits just to spread out the net for a wider catch but they won't mention the ones that don't happen. I am truly amazed that people can't look at what they're actually doing and see that it's nonsense. You could take the Bible code and invent a scenario about SouperStar involved in some sort of conspiracy and you're going to get results.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:54 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
I think people need to read what the bible accually says first.

The bible has alot of hidden meaning and there may be some validity to what they are finding but I would rather have these men study what the bible says and believe in it.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:28 AM

Is anyone here suggesting that one of these Bible code guys had enough specific information about the 911 attacks that they could have notified the police with details about what was going to happen? If that's the case and 3,000 lives were lost because they did nothing shouldn't they be arrested?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Is anyone here suggesting that one of these Bible code guys had enough specific information about the 911 attacks that they could have notified the police with details about what was going to happen? If that's the case and 3,000 lives were lost because they did nothing shouldn't they be arrested?

You cannot change the future.

If I told you 150 years ago the Jews would have returned to Israel from all the countries they have been scattered too... you would have laughed. Yet 2500 years ago Ezekiel predicted such an event and in 1948 it happened.

Men wrote the Bible.
God inspired the writers.
God knows the future.

Jesus knew that Judas would betray Him and He even called Judas out and said, "Judas, it is you that will betray me." Guess what... even though Jesus told Judas flat out what he was going to do, Judas STILL betrayed Christ.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I think people need to read what the bible accually says first.

The bible has alot of hidden meaning and there may be some validity to what they are finding but I would rather have these men study what the bible says and believe in it.
So you are saying we should never study the unexplained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality