Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 04:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

Hi nobodysbiz, I know so much about reincarnation (from personal exp), the Afterlife, life, purpose, creation,
the Creator...I am blown
away and humbled beyond belief. Why I have been shown what I have, I dunno.
I am not intellectual, but go by my personal experience....and don't make things up.
Because of that I know this is not any place to share too much together....wanna send me a message that you'd
be interested in chatting? I'm game. I'm not into convincing anybody of anything...that alone is wisdom!
I'm am open to all religions and no religions especially ...
I know plenty from many scriptures...enough to know what's baloney and what's not.
I don't hold any Master higher than another...all had their message.

Take care. Miss Hepburn...If i don't hear from you , no hard feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 04:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I am old. I believe in reincarnation. I think people contract to attend "Earth School" to learn specific things that will evolve their souls. In other words, they need certain life experiences to broaden and deepen themselves.

I can't imagine WHY I contracted to come here. In reviewing my life, I have done some really dumb things (which I have subsequently learned were dumb, but they are so mundane, I don't think it would really matter if I learned the particular things or not - I could have read a book and learned the particular things I was dumb about instead of wasting a lifetime to learn them).

I have also helped a lot of people (like put time, effort and money towards their well-being) - so I "performed good deeds" - I am not sure how to evaluate those deeds - they didn't "help" me (other than to make me more compassionate in the moment - not long term, though).

I just don't feel in my old age I am a "better" person than I was when I was five years old.
maybe we aren't better. I would be happy not being worse than my 5 year old self. I would like to go back to my 13 year old self and knock some sense into him.

good luck facing the end. Its a struggle for us all.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:35 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,657,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Because that's a lesson in itself. And as a parent at least, you're suppose become more of a sage as you age.
Yes. I have kids and yes, my experiences with them expanded my consciousness - wouldn't say it made me a "better" person in any way, though.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
have you ever considered that there may nothing to the idea of reincarnation which is why it doesn't seem to be teaching you anything? That there's nothing 'wrong' with you but iust something wrong with the concept?
The concept appealed to me because of the logic of expanding one's consciousness over lifetimes. If there is no expansion, then it would be a useless concept, but I don't believe that's the case - I believe, instead, that I have failed in some way to do whatever it was I was supposed to do. But I won't know until I croak, so . . .

Old 12-11-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yes. I have kids and yes, my experiences with them expanded my consciousness - wouldn't say it made me a "better" person in any way, though.
are they better than you?

Old 12-11-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
maybe we aren't better. I would be happy not being worse than my 5 year old self. I would like to go back to my 13 year old self and knock some sense into him.

good luck facing the end. Its a struggle for us all.
I'm okay with it - just disappointed in myself that I didn't do "better."

Old 12-11-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
are they better than you?
How would I assess that? I am not in any position to do so. No one is.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
How would I assess that? I am not in any position to do so. No one is.

My kids are are better than me already. they are calmer, smarter and more adjusted. I took the worst of me out of them. So far.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I'm okay with it - just disappointed in myself that I didn't do "better."
yeah, same here. Many of us have to stare that down.

look up at night, shine a flashlight on your face, and burn your image into the universe forever. be sure to smile.

good luck my man.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
My kids are are better than me already. they are calmer, smarter and more adjusted. I took the worst of me out of them. So far.
I don't think anyone can really know anyone else - we project on people, but we can't really know them. And there is no way to assess another person's life or their value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality