Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So why does not this god give everyone an eternal life whether they believe or not, and a toothache when they plan to sin? A big sin gets a big toothache.

It would be a better system than eternal damnation because your god can not give us clear evidence it exists, and has no power over Satan playing games with us.

Since we as mortals can only see our little world. God sees billions of lives, before, now and after that his decisions will affect. I say God chose correctly in every instance.

Last edited by kjw47; 10-18-2019 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
And that is why I think Christians have good hearts. But many lack wisdom.
And have no sales skills.

So what happens is the very people you care about are repelled by the message.
Pure and simple.

Ask someone once if they know about 'whatever' you want--- that is doing something - if they're not interested -
9xs outta 10 they intentionally left their beliefs long ago...and know
more about the Bible than your average bear.
If they are interested you will know.

Look at your 3 sentence post --nothing about the joy and freedom Christ is all about---
only about their perishing ... eternally, no less.
Not a draw...it's a turn off. Not what Jesus wanted.

The world has always rejected Jesus and what he taught. They killed him. There are 2 sides to every coin--The teachings of entering Gods kingdom, or perishing with this world are the 2 sides brought by Jesus.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You need to mind your own business and keep your grubby hands off the "souls" of others. If we want to be atheists or Buddhists or Hindus or whatever, you need to step aside and mind your own business. -- Vincent 20:19

Lets see--listen to you or listen to Jesus-Luke 10, acts 20:20-- I will listen to Jesus. Those that do not want to hear should not be in a religious board. That is the solution. There is NO freedom of religion with God or his son, its satans plan. I use my free will the way I want, God gave us all that right. Most choose in error by following the world.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:11 PM

50,836 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Since we as mortals can only see our little world. God sees billions of lives, before, now and after that his decisions will affect. I say God chose correctly in every instance.
As a mere mortal, you can only see your little world.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:15 PM

50,836 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Lets see--listen to you or listen to Jesus-Luke 10, acts 20:20-- I will listen to Jesus. Those that do not want to hear should not be in a religious board. That is the solution. There is NO freedom of religion with God or his son, its satans plan. I use my free will the way I want, God gave us all that right. Most choose in error by following the world.
1. You listen to anyone you want. But give other people the freedom of choice as well.

2. This is a forum about religion, not a praise forum. If you want a praise forum, go up to the christianity sub-forum.

3. So, Jesus is a dictator. Glad you clarified that.

4. Personally, I feel that what you preach is Satan's plan...presuming there is a Satan...or god.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:32 PM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Except if we as mortals can only see our little world, you can not claim your god sees billions of lives, before, now and after that his decisions will affect.

Which is it? We can only see our little world, or YOU SOMEHOW KNOW your god sees billions of lives, before, now and after that his decisions will affect?

Are you just inventing this as you go along?

Old 10-18-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
The world has always rejected Jesus and what he taught. They killed him. There are 2 sides to every coin
Just like you reject Muhammad? Or that Chinese god that kills his enemies by eructation?

Old 10-18-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Lets see--listen to you or listen to Jesus-Luke 10, acts 20:20-- I will listen to Jesus.
Which Jesus. The one that says he is God, the one that says he is the son of God, or the one who says he is the son of a god that is not Yahweh?

And this is just from the NT.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As a mere mortal, you can only see your little world.
No. KJW has secret powers. Did you not know?

Old 10-18-2019, 02:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Very good post baptiste
Yes most people in my church think god is Santa Claus- certainly many of the politicians running on Santa Claus platforms think they are god
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality