Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2019, 01:19 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I know Mohammed( sinner) was real. A grave error by a mortal placing a sinner above Gods own son. The Chinese God does not exist or at best is satan posing as that God. I believe he poses as all the false gods. Noahs day showed mortals how easily deceived they are. As then, the same now-99% mislead.
Your standard is that if someone doesn't believe in what you believe, then they're a sinner.

Then using that logic (only), since you don't believe what I believe, you're a sinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 01:21 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Yes God gave all free will. Jesus is Gods image. Including the image of the God in the OT. He shared Gods loving side with us in the NT, at Har-mageddon they will see the war God of the OT in Jesus.
Not a dictator, a loving friend to those that obey. Not obey from fear but from Love. a dictator is obeyed from fear.
1. And who are you to attempt to force others not to use what god gave them (except he didn't because there is no god)? You have an over-abiding sense of self-importance. And I don't think god (if there is one) likes people having a sense of self-importance. It wasn't the self-important who were going to inherit the earth.

2. No, God does not look like Jeffrey Hunter.

3. The OT is a hateful book with occasional moments of wisdom.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
3. The OT is a hateful book with occasional moments of wisdom.
I like that description.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:06 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
There are a few on earth that know God. Few. I erred using we obviously--Only 99% don't know God.
And you are, for some reason, one of the few who has this super power about knowing your god.

Quote:
I know Mohammed( sinner) was real. A grave error by a mortal placing a sinner above Gods own son. The Chinese God does not exist or at best is satan posing as that God. I believe he poses as all the false gods. Noahs day showed mortals how easily deceived they are. As then, the same now-99% mislead.
And the other religions say it is you who are deceived.

Quote:
Not a dictator, a loving friend to those that obey. Not obey from fear but from Love. a dictator is obeyed from fear.
Who promises eternal torture if you do not obey. One can just feel the love.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:30 AM

Harry - Lemmetellya - it takes enormous desire to know God.
Unless He just up and showers you with Divine Insight...but, even still
it's because you wanted that or needed it so desperately...and also prepared a bit!

A person isn't special or have 'super powers' ---usually it's because they have suffered so
much and couldn't bear it any longer and so turned to That which comforts or heals their brokenness.
Knowing God is not something to be mocked - the person has been through a lot and
put in many hours to be able to know Him...making a place for Him. (In their stilled mind and open heart.)
It may appear to others to be prideful or arrogant to state
they know God, but they now have the privilege to declare it boldly and fearlessly.

Jeremiah 9..but he who does boast (glory in), let him boast of this - that he knows and understands me ---so saith the Lord.

Anyone can know God...it depends on how much time you want to put into it.

(Bible concepts that God tortures is not part of any belief of mine!)

Old 10-20-2019, 05:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Harry - Lemmetellya - it takes enormous desire to know God.
it's because you wanted that or needed it so desperately...and also prepared a bit!

A person isn't special or have 'super powers' ---usually it's because they have suffered so
much and couldn't bear it any longer and so turned to That which comforts or heals their brokenness.
Knowing God is not something to be mocked - the person has been through a lot and
put in many hours to be able to know Him...making a place for Him. (In their stilled mind and open heart.)
they know God, but they now have the privilege to declare it boldly and fearlessly.

Jeremiah 9..but he who does boast (glory in), let him boast of this - that he knows and understands me ---so saith the Lord.

Anyone can know God...it depends on how much time you want to put into it.

(Bible concepts that God tortures is not part of any belief of mine!)
The most logical answer is that the truth is between your "father" and their "anti-father". Some of the things you claim are spot on and some of the things they claim are spot on. To bad they can't differentiate between bad-religion and "make the universe anti-god because I don't like religion". Emotion has a way of seriously distorting logic.

there aint no santa ... but the toys and the joy are there.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:15 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Harry - Lemmetellya
Lemmetellya, this German was confused until I spoke it.

Quote:
- it takes enormous desire to know God.
And that is the problem. To have an enormous desire to know God means you must first believe. I do not, and an emotional desire can not take a role above rational reasons.

I have no problem with religions, I like the various different religions. And I like those who believe, and keep their beliefs to themselves. My problem is with bad-religion, (the fundamentalists and the pseudo-religions that pretend to have proof for their beliefs).

Quote:
The problem is KJW is claiming to know his god (which is arrogance to claim to know the mind of God), while claiming the god of Islam (the OT God (which is the same god)) is false, or that everyone except KJW is fooled by Satan.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Lemmetellya, this German was confused until I spoke it.
LOL, sorry.

And that is the problem. To have an enormous desire to know God means you must first believe.
I do not, and an emotional desire can not take a role above rational reasons.
I make all my decisions around emotional desire - screw rational reason!!

Old 10-20-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
....(which is arrogance to claim to know the mind of God)
I'm in big trouble, then!

God's Mind is so simple. (They say He works in mysterious ways - baloney)
I can't say I truly knew His Heart and Mind til January 24, 2016 about 8:30 am?
I believe I cried for 3 months or so.
Walked around stunned for the rest of the day. Canceled a great day with a friend at our
local Sports Bar-
Playoff Sunday with the Broncos-- And they won the Super Bowl that yr over the NE Patriots...
Oh you're in Germany! Sorry. Others will get it.

It is amazing the things the Lord Himself can reveal to a simple person...that's why they call them Revelations...they are 'big' things.

But, you know I don't care if anyone believes in God or anything else.
Everyone is in their perfect spot. (Pls rem I'm not an Old Test follower--the murderous God stuff!)
Be happy, enjoy life.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:27 PM

I missed this earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
..."make the universe anti-god because I don't like religion".
Emotion has a way of seriously distorting logic.
Not anti-god-----anti religion, my friend!
God has nothing to do with religion!!!! Religion is for people...to celebrate and sing,
have pot lucks and kick others out.
-Logic ---toss that out the window ---fall in love ---feel the joy... there may be no tomorrow.
Go merrily down the stream♫ ---life is but a dream.♫
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality