Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 05:47 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,238,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I missed this earlier:

Not anti-god-----anti religion, my friend!
God has nothing to do with religion!!!! Religion is for people...to celebrate and sing,
have pot lucks and kick others out.
-Logic ---toss that out the window ---fall in love ---feel the joy... there may be no tomorrow.
Go merrily down the stream♫ ---life is but a dream.♫
Miss H to say God has "nothing to do with religion"
is simply your own vitriol, and it is corrosive like battery acid

all paths to God are honored by God
the mindset that says a person can "never" find God in religion is the exact same
identical mindset as saying a person can "only" find God in religion.

that is the camp you have firmly placed yourself in.
just another variation of "only your way is valid"
which you profess to be against, but continue to practice in all its foulness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 05:57 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Miss H to say God has "nothing to do with religion"
is simply your own vitriol, and it is corrosive like battery acid

all paths to God are honored by God
the mindset that says a person can "never" find God in religion is the exact same
identical mindset as saying a person can "only" find God in religion.

that is the camp you have firmly placed yourself in.
just another variation of "only your way is valid"
which you profess to be against, but continue to practice in all its foulness
Everything you say there is your opinion. Nothing wrong with having opinions.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:17 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Your standard is that if someone doesn't believe in what you believe, then they're a sinner.

Then using that logic (only), since you don't believe what I believe, you're a sinner.

Not believe what I believe. Check into the facts as I have done, find truth and help all one can.
All are sinners. Some practice unacceptable ones.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. And who are you to attempt to force others not to use what god gave them (except he didn't because there is no god)? You have an over-abiding sense of self-importance. And I don't think god (if there is one) likes people having a sense of self-importance. It wasn't the self-important who were going to inherit the earth.

2. No, God does not look like Jeffrey Hunter.

3. The OT is a hateful book with occasional moments of wisdom.

I guess you lack real understanding. No mortal can understand Gods truths without being taught by the teachers Jesus appoints.
I have no self importance. I have something better= truth--God requires it, a mortal has 0 choice in the matter= John 4:22-24--It is Gods will. Most spend their lives seeking pleasures, material things, money.
The sad reality of this world = 99% claiming to be Christian and told they are Christian. Do not have a clue as to truth. They do not even know what Jesus actually taught. I attended many buildings claiming to be Christian, they are called churches--they DO NOT teach Jesus actually teaches.
Jesus showed all Gods loving side and what he wants for all who Obey.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And you are, for some reason, one of the few who has this super power about knowing your god.

And the other religions say it is you who are deceived.

Who promises eternal torture if you do not obey. One can just feel the love.

All who believe Gods makes one suffer eternally, does not know him. They have listened to blind guides taught in the schools of men that do not know God. They teach dogma. No super power involved. It takes believing Jesus' words over those men. Because they do not teach the same thing. Their translations are filled with the religion that came out of Romes translating errors. They are misleading all who listen away from God.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Not believe what I believe. Check into the facts as I have done, find truth and help all one can.
You present no facts. You present only your religious beliefs.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
I guess you lack real understanding. No mortal can understand Gods truths without being taught by the teachers Jesus appoints.
I have no self importance. I have something better= truth--God requires it, a mortal has 0 choice in the matter= John 4:22-24--It is Gods will. Most spend their lives seeking pleasures, material things, money.
The sad reality of this world = 99% claiming to be Christian and told they are Christian. Do not have a clue as to truth. They do not even know what Jesus actually taught. I attended many buildings claiming to be Christian, they are called churches--they DO NOT teach Jesus actually teaches.
Jesus showed all Gods loving side and what he wants for all who Obey.
You are a mortal, and you cannot understand God's "truths"...if there is a god. After all, according to you, a mortal has 0 choice of understanding god's truth.

You found buildings that claimed to be christian. That's interesting.

23,173 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
There are acceptable sins? Do tell which are which.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I missed this earlier:

Not anti-god-----anti religion, my friend!
God has nothing to do with religion!!!! Religion is for people...to celebrate and sing,
have pot lucks and kick others out.
-Logic ---toss that out the window ---fall in love ---feel the joy... there may be no tomorrow.
Go merrily down the stream♫ ---life is but a dream.♫

One MUST be taught by the teachers that Jesus appointed, and that is in Gods one religion on this earth. The bible is 100% clear--Jesus is head of the congregation( religion=one) 7 congregations( churches) mentioned by Jesus in revelation. = one single religion. Not a house divided that will not stand. thus out of the 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian- one is in reality. The one that is hated.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
One MUST be taught by the teachers that Jesus appointed, and that is in Gods one religion on this earth. The bible is 100% clear--Jesus is head of the congregation( religion=one) 7 congregations( churches) mentioned by Jesus in revelation. = one single religion. Not a house divided that will not stand. thus out of the 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian- one is in reality. The one that is hated.
And you are not one of those teachers. That's clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality