Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 12:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As long as you think God is beholden to you, he will disappoint you every single time.
He's God, not you, not me, not anyone on Earth. We don't get to decide what he should or should not do.--BF
Allow me to express a 180-totally opposite perspective.

God is totally beholden to me.
Why?
He created me....He is my Father...I am His darling daughter...a Princess of the King of All His Creation. (A bit of a diff take... for Christians who often think of themselves as sinners and filthy rags...
forgetting they are heirs to Christ and forget their own 'Sonship'.)

As my Father, parent....He has to take care of me , love me...provide for me.
I have not been and never will be disappointed in Him.
"Should do?" Oh, yes I can decide what He should do!
Provide for and love me ...watch over me and protect me....give me clear insight
to any problems here on earth...be my All and Everything...my Source of all that I need...
So that I can cast my cares, never worry or fear or have any anxieties...all burdens are on Him.

I feel very strongly about this ...the foundation of this belief is like concrete in my mind and being...and
set deeply in my subconscious mind where everything that happens to me is projected from.

Believe and receive...ask my Dad and it is given....NEVER been disappointed. In God?
A Preposterous thought!!!

Added: And so are you ...princes and sons and daughters of God the Father Himself that He adores ...if you will let Him.
For the naysayers that will post the 'starving child' photo...there is much you do not know about how this Creation is set up and the 1000s of lifetimes we have lived...
What I myself have gone thru to get where I am today was not always pretty...to the onlooker they could have surmised, "God is very unfair"....nope, He is not...He is perfect....it was all perfect.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 12-28-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 04:16 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its more like what fishermen do for fish.
I cut their heads off, slit them from arsehole to neck and rip their guts out, then they are done for.

Is that what you mean?

Old 10-12-2019, 10:39 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Miss Hepburn, please beware of Santa Claus, he stunk up our bathroom last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9TTz3R5SmI
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:17 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When I ask Santa for something ...it always comes about.
Does that bother anyone?
If so, why?
My only quarrel with Santa is that he is very judgmental. I have been asking Santa for a red Jaguar XKE every year for the last 50 years and he has yet to come through. His standards of naughty and nice are a bit obtuse, IMHO.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
My only quarrel with Santa is that he is very judgmental. I have been asking Santa for a red Jaguar XKE every year for the last 50 years and he has yet to come through. His standards of naughty and nice are a bit obtuse, IMHO.
I don't believe Santa is fair, either.
I think you deserve everything your little heart desires, personally.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:14 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Allow me to express a 180-totally opposite perspective.

God is totally beholden to me.
Why?
He created me....He is my Father...I am His darling daughter...a Princess of the King of All His Creation. (A bit of a diff take... for Christians who often think of themselves as sinners and filthy rags...
forgetting they are heirs to Christ and forget their own 'Sonship'.)

As my Father, parent....He has to take care of me , love me...provide for me.
I have not been and never will be disappointed in Him.
"Should do?" Oh, yes I can decide what He should do!
Provide for and love me ...watch over me and protect me....give me clear insight
to any problems here on earth...be my All and Everything...my Source of all that I need...
So that I can cast my cares, never worry or fear or have any anxieties...all burdens are on Him.

I feel very strongly about this ...the foundation of this belief is like concrete in my mind and being...and
set deeply in my subconscious mind where everything that happens to me is projected from.

Believe and receive...ask my Dad and it is given....NEVER been disappointed. In God?
A Preposterous thought!!!

Added: And so are you ...princes and sons and daughters of God the Father Himself that He adores ...if you will let Him.
For the naysayers that will post the 'starving child' photo...there is much you do not know about how this Creation is set up and the 1000s of lifetimes we have lived...
What I myself have gone thru to get where I am today was not always pretty...to the onlooker they could have surmised, "God is very unfair"....nope, He is not...He is perfect....it was all perfect.
Trust a lady to start off .."Ok; if we are to have a Relationship, here are some Ground Rules..."

Old 10-12-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Trust a lady to start off .."Ok; if we are to have a Relationship, here are some Ground Rules..."
That's right... 'Lord, You created me...now take care of me.'
So far so good.

I tried being the doormat (in human relationships), co-dependent person, being mistreated,
used, taken advantage of...no more of that.
I do believe in normal ground rules now with people.
It's healthy to learn to take care of myself or get used cuz of my good nature.
Like you, TRANS, I bet you've been used a lot...I think you are a Teddy Bear, no?

Old 10-12-2019, 03:13 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
I don't believe Santa is fair, either.
I think you deserve everything your little heart desires, personally.
You, Miss Hepburn, are now "my go-to guy." I expect you to come through though.
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Claus is now my go-to guy, does that bother anyone?-jaguar.jpg  

Old 10-12-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You, Miss Hepburn, are now "my go-to guy."
I expect you to come through though.
Me? I'm not Santa!
Plus, my finders fee is quit high.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:40 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
When I ask Santa for something ...it always comes about.
Does that bother anyone?
If so, why?
only when you tried to make laws based on Santa. Fundy theist, Fundy atheist, and fundy santaists are troublesome to the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality