Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 12:27 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
according to you , a man who didn't exist with only at most as recordede on the day of crucifiction.. just 12/ really 10 peter denied and judas killing himself.. at most 12 followers turned the world upside down and inside out for 2000 years now .
No. It was the Emperor Theodosius that did that. Had it not been for him making Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire, Christianity would have lived and died just as it was, an obscure blood-sect torn apart with waring faction fighting over who knew the 'truth' (much like it is today). Christianity didn't spread by way of truth. It spread by way of the sword. It is very easy for a religion to become a world leader when the only choices people are given is 'convert or die'.

Quote:
...now that is a feat for only a real God..
So then, that would mean that Ganesh is the true god because as Hinduism has survived for 2000 years LONGER than Christianity. All hail Ganesh!

Quote:
... and as Gameliel says " But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply[b] ye be found even to fight against "God"
I really don't care what Gameliel said...unless you can show that your bible is true. Can you? That would be really something if you could do that. You see, all I have to do is show, with verifiable evidence, that a few things claimed in the bible are simply not true and it is enough to label it as unreliable. You on the other hand, to show that the bible is true, will have to demonstrate, with verifiable evidence, that every event mentioned is true and that every person mentioned existed. Good luck with that.

Quote:
I would suggest you be a little bit more careful... as obviously like Gameliel has already would want you to recognize in the proof presented for 2000 years. maybe he would tell you ...." you haply are found to be fighting against God sir"

and are you really sure you want to do that ?
I am as frightened of your god as I am by the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood.

Last edited by Rafius; 01-14-2019 at 12:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 01:14 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
I'm pretty certain that they have not the slightest clue what verifiable evidence even means. We are witnessing a true fundamentalist...there is no getting through to a mind hell bent on fundamental holy book speak.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:07 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times
and you would hold me accountable for other men sins against God and man thousand of years ago ?
good luck trying to make that stick..
I am not roman or catholic .. I am a native American ..
I had nothing to do with those things in the past..
I have only to do with what will be and what is NOw.
and what God has asked of me...

and this is what he has always asked of men to do and be..... what men have chosen to be is about that liberty he has offered all men.. I am not responsible for other mens God given liberty .. nor does it make me wish To give up my own liberty so that you or anyone can control other peoples liberty sir!

God's example of Purest of His liberty is fruits of his spirit at work. https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spir...he-spirit.html

Gal 5:13

¶
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Gal 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Gal 5:15

But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Gal 5:16

¶
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19

¶
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:22

¶
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23

Meekness, temperance:
against such there is no law.

. and like that Jesus and Stephan. Now those are real men and real brave men.... these are God's goals.. if men gave rome power that is about their day! and thus will be settled out in his courts and before his throne Yes their judgement day..
.. But I will not be there .. I am not responsible for them, they all had liberty and will be judged as will we all.. to see what we have done with that liberty( rev 22:11) we all have been given ! that is the parable of the talents .. what did you do with the gift s He gave you!
and someday a place will be made for all who have overcome their base and selfish ways to control others and they created more liberty with that valuable gift He gave to everyone! everyone has rights over their own minds and their own beliefs and the own deeds....

By and through God He will help us to overcome our own humanistic greed that has a need to seek power and to control others. it is the baseness of our sins... because only the meek and the peacemaker will inherit the earth next time .

now the greedy get it .. of both religion and the anti-religious, But since the first bite..., all who have obtained power are in some way the greedy and controlling or will be shortly .. and that has nothing to do with me or his wWord ..

what WAS that has nothing to do with me..
I only offer truth I have learned for anyone who wishes to learn about other's people concepts and the true goals of God ..
to learn of God and his word and all the lessons we have learned through our life.
if you reject it that is your right to do that..
but it is also my right to speak it! and so I will only if I want too or if God asks me too. because he believes in my liberty as his child also!!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-14-2019 at 11:32 AM..

Old 01-14-2019, 11:41 AM

n..Xuipa are you not aware at how utterly bizzare your posts are? Do you think that any rational human would read these posts and think they are dealing with another rational human? No that is not what most people who see your walls of scripture and incessant rambling about your beliefs would conclude.

What has happened to you that has turned you into this type of human? It's quite frightening to see anyone behaving and posting in the manner that you are.

I even think you are embarrassing to the believers who are not fundamentalists in their approach to religion.

I know if I believed in religion and came across a person like you, I would begin to question what am I doing believing in a religion that can produce minds/behaviors like this?

Please get a grip on yourself.

Last edited by Matadora; 01-14-2019 at 11:54 AM..

Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM

50,838 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
n..Xuipa are you not aware at how utterly bizzare your posts are? Do you think that any rational human would read these posts and think they are dealing with another rational human? No that is not what most people who see your walls of scripture and incessant rambling about your beliefs would conclude.

What has happened to you that has turned you into this type of human? It's quite frightening to see anyone behaving and posting in the manner that you are.

I even think you are embarrassing to the believers who are not fundamentalists in their approach to religion.

I know if I believed in religion and came across a person like you, I would begin to question what am I doing believing in a religion that can produce minds/behaviors like this?

Please get a grip on yourself.
Thank you for stating it in a polite way.

When I see consistent postings like this, I think back to my Aunt Millie. She got to the point that she would walk down the street and go up to people and use her fingers to put the sign of the cross on other people's foreheads. She would sprinkle people with holy water. And worst of all, when my uncle committed suicide using a car crash and gasoline and was burned to a crisp, she used bible verses to justify forcing her three daughters to kiss his burned corpse at the funeral.

I won't say it's all related to brain damage, but clearly there are deep psychological disturbances in people who behave like that.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:22 PM

the brave will read it .. the wise will learn from it.

that is what the wise in Christ Spirit do is take every opportunity to learn from others experiences even.

be at liberty

Old 01-14-2019, 12:26 PM

50,838 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
the brave will read it .. the wise will learn from it.

that is what the wise in Christ Spirit do is take every opportunity to learn from others experiences even.

be at liberty
1. There's nothing brave about meekly following a semi-fictional book.

2. Once again, you don't hold yourself to the standards you proclaim. I see no evidence whatsoever that you are taking "every opportunity to learn from others experiences".

Old 01-14-2019, 12:35 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Even stronger link, I imagine, between brain damage and militant atheism.
Isn't that the truth! -- Otherwise, why protest so vigorously against something they do not believe is real?? -- I don't see a lot of Santa Clause or Easter Bunny-atheists railing against those make believe characters. Yet, when it comes to Bible Truth, Jesus Christ, God and faith, they are helplessly unable to simply not believe! (That's because everyone has an inborn knowledge of God's eternal power and deity (Rom 1:18-20)).

There is an enormous amount of verifiable, empirical evidence that the Bible is indeed God's inspired Word of truth (literary, archaeological, science, etc). Sadly, many so blind themselves in their rebellious rejection of the things of God, they are only willing to see their own baseless opinions (while pretending they are seeking "truth").

Old 01-14-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Isn't that the truth! -- Otherwise, why protest so vigorously against something they do not believe is real??
LOL No it's not the truth...it's a deflection as to why. Why do people stand against religion? Because religion has been the mind oppression of humans for 1000's of years. Because religion spreads lies about the world we exist in due to being ignorant about science.

Certain religious folks would love to see the rest of society oppressed and their rights taken away so that their religion can be forced upon them. Would love to see science replaced by bible lies. Would love to oppresses women, children and anyone who's different. Would love to see the US ruled with a religious government.

It's amazing this even has to be pointed out to you as to why we stand our ground against fundamentalists and oppressive religion.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:57 PM

they are afraid if words..
and product and a mentally of ( our chicken house like) education system..
"those meanies... don't agree with me "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality