Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Biblical bafflegab is at the root of Christianity splintering into 30,000+ differing denominations and sub-sects.

I prefer reality and paying attention to what is around me.
Yeah but there is 30,000 different messiahs, O, you don't understand, you are so damned dense, don't you freaking know the 30,000 truths? Even though all of them contradict each other, all are sheer truths, just any truth you want.

If you are interested, the tomato Messiah came drenched in tomato juice looking like he was drenched in blood, and this is the REAL truth, the tomato God will plant seeds all over the green Earth, and you will will feel so stupid when all us saints are in the kingdom drinking gold liquid sucker, to us is the glory, to us is the ripeness, and woe are those who will not sup of the golden tomato vine, losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Nah. We are clearly nuts. And that's ok. Or as Austin Powers would say "We...are crazy bishes."
When you gonna get xbox one so's we can chill?

I swear, my charachter is the hottest thing around, you would be jealous, you will want to be me just like every girl, and all the boys say,'' I think that chick works out, what's up up with those boots? She could kick a badger to death with those boots.''

Old 01-11-2019, 08:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
At its best, this forum is extremely edu-taining.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Egyptians also murdered the workers who made a mistake in relation with the scriptures.
And this is reasonable to you?
Quote:
It is not something described in the bible to punish people.
Sounds like you really don't even know what the bible states. There are plenty of written pages in that sick ancient book where that evil god commands that people be killed for not worshiping his evil arse.
Quote:
You people have more believes than religious fundamentalists themselves
"You people". Yep you are the source of whats wrong in the world today. I am so thankful that folks like you are a minority.
Quote:
[I gave you one of the prejudices you assume as true in post #61 which I got out the misleading study].
You did no such thing. You simply failed to understand the actual study.
Quote:
Also, words have more power that you believe,
Sure words can be powerful...that's why you find so many people who are easily duped into believing in fundamental religions/cults.

Words are only as powerful as you allow them to be.
Quote:
I feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for religious fundamentalists who are scientifically illiterate.

Last edited by Matadora; 01-11-2019 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-11-2019, 11:32 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
There are plenty of written pages in that sick ancient book where that evil god commands that people be killed for not worshiping his evil arse.
Glad to see you got 'arse' right rather than 'ass'....but then, don't I recall you were raised in a civilised country?

Old 01-12-2019, 12:19 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Glad to see you got 'arse' right rather than 'ass'....but then, don't I recall you were raised in a civilised country?

Old 01-12-2019, 03:30 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
You can't even spot simple deception and spread misinformation-which is exactly what you are doing in this thread. You shouldn't be talking about reality.

Egyptians also murdered the workers who made a mistake in relation with the scriptures. It is not something described in the bible to punish people. You people have more believes than religious fundamentalists themselves [I gave you one of the prejudices you assume as true in post #61 which I got out the misleading study] . Also, words have more power that you believe, I feel sorry for you.
I agree with you. the study wasn't really proof of much past some mentally broken soldiers had issues.

I don't follow you. "killed because they made a mistake according to scriptures." isn't that punishment?

I am no expert in the ot. But I think their point is that god killed people for not following him (god) and they think its murderous.. I mean as presented by the fundy.

I am an atheist so I see a story about an oppressed people that revolted and fought their way out. They were able to accomplish because of a series of natural and man made events that weakened the egyptians.

we are arguing the point of the fundy, not the regulars (right now). God killed these people because they we weren't praising him and enslaved his chosen people. and we feel that specific interpretation is wrong

we are saying that is whoopdee doo doo.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:37 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't quite think you're of the religious variety that the article is talking about.

But I know what you mean. I have some beliefs that are clearly not logical. I'm not about to try to persuade anyone else to accept them, though.

Yeah, that whole resurrection thing...I could drop logic bombs on that all day...but I know in my soul it happened. I can't explain how I know, any more than I can explain how I know I'm female. I just know.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:40 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I used to ride unicycles, took me 5 min to learn it, my friends could never do it, but then I had a couple friends that couldn't even surf.

Yeah. I could never ride a unicycle or surf. I'm fantastically clumsy, the French call it "le spastique", I'm a spazz. But it's cool.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:43 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yeah, that whole resurrection thing...I could drop logic bombs on that all day...but I know in my soul it happened. I can't explain how I know, any more than I can explain how I know I'm female. I just know.
the word is illusion, not delusion. Something happened but it's different than we think (illusion). the resurrection happened in that a set of memes, "jesus", has been being pasted down for 2o00 years.

"in the soul" doesn't mean a thing. the question is what, in your soul, needs to have that feeling and how does that feeling relate to what we know about the system you are in.

what is that feeling? why is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality