Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 03:50 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
When you gonna get xbox one so's we can chill?

I swear, my charachter is the hottest thing around, you would be jealous, you will want to be me just like every girl, and all the boys say,'' I think that chick works out, what's up up with those boots? She could kick a badger to death with those boots.''

When you buy me one lol jk. Thay would be awesome. I have a PS3. I can't afford an Xbox One.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 06:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yeah, that whole resurrection thing...I could drop logic bombs on that all day...but I know in my soul it happened. I can't explain how I know,...
You don't 'know' it. You believe it.

Quote:
...any more than I can explain how I know I'm female. I just know.
That you know you are woman is deduced from the verifiable evidence that you are able to observe and test.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:19 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You don't 'know' it. You believe it.

That you know you are woman is deduced from the verifiable evidence that you are able to observe and test.

In my case, it's more complex than that. I'm trans, I have a biologically male body, but I know that I am female.

I'll put it this way, with a question. Without referencing anything physical about you, how do you know you're a guy? You just...know, right?

It's good to see you, Rafi. I hope this new year is being good to you so far.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:44 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
In my case, it's more complex than that. I'm trans, I have a biologically male body, but I know that I am female.

I'll put it this way, with a question. Without referencing anything physical about you, how do you know you're a guy? You just...know, right?

It's good to see you, Rafi. I hope this new year is being good to you so far.
Not so far old thing. It's been a bloody disaster.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:50 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
"A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness.

Religious beliefs can be thought of as socially transmitted mental representations that consist of supernatural events and entities assumed to be real. Religious beliefs differ from empirical beliefs, which are based on how the world appears to be and are updated as new evidence accumulates or when new theories with better predictive power emerge. On the other hand, religious beliefs are not usually updated in response to new evidence or scientific explanations, and are therefore strongly associated with conservatism. They are fixed and rigid, which helps promote predictability and coherence to the rules of society among individuals within the group. ...

...These findings are important because they suggest that impaired functioning in the prefrontal cortex—whether from brain trauma, a psychological disorder, a drug or alcohol addiction, or simply a particular genetic profile—can make an individual susceptible to religious fundamentalism. And perhaps in other cases, extreme religious indoctrination harms the development or proper functioning of the prefrontal regions in a way that hinders cognitive flexibility and openness."

(Bolding mine.)

This explains quite a bit. I may have to temper my scorn with a little more pity. Many fundies can't help it.

Link to full article.
and what were these militant bigots using as their norm? because they are so normal right?
they used the spiritual brain dead of course!

you know that they came up with a vaccine to kill the brain of anyone who is spiritually alive.. dont' take their vaccines and if you ever do again .. just don't believe in yourself or anything your brain thinks from that point on because it will be anti-christ !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFqtvzP_tU

remember how God is going to destroy part of humanity for breaking some ancient covenant? an everlasting covenant? ... SO could that ancient ever lasting covenant , a covenant that will last all eternity be that men/antichrist break the everlasting covenant of a God given " free will" ?

Rom 8:21

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
meaning they will all have a FREE WILL!
OH But these antichrist men .. ( Christ died for love and for our free wills....)
men will offer humanity a dead brain that incapable for free will..

to take someone free will , that is making them the worst kind of slave.

That is making humanity a slave to a dead SOUL/ the mind dead , the will dead, and thus emotions are dead !! there is not Love without these three elements of the human heart and soul working to their Most "alive", can real love even exist.
They will condemn mankind to sex without love and broken lives and broken families forever.. no bonding between mothers and their children etc .
too many males and humanity as a whole love their power...and "the intellectuals" are a cruel loveless taskmaster and don't forget it!!
and Yes it appears that Father God himself will do something about it.
Because Our Father in heaven believes in LOVE and he believes in and created love that is Bonding of Families and between husbands and wives, mothers to their children .. it was his plan to teach humanity to LOVE! to make unbreakable bonds in their own free will !!

don't take their vaccines or let your kids unless you want to condemn them to a loveless life like their so-called "normal brains" are living !
brains incapable of paranoia at the thought that there just might be a God who is not the boogie man..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-12-2019 at 08:58 AM..

Old 01-12-2019, 09:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
It's easy to spot the walking wounded.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:10 AM

and easiest to spot the walking dead..

Old 01-12-2019, 09:12 AM

zombies don't know they are zombies.. they think they are normal.... but God tells us how to find the fully alive ( in him )ones..
all the proof is all in the puddin..

just look in the wake of a person's life ... and see what kind of life( love) or death( broken families or so selfish they can't even be married or "afraid" of commitments )\, and worse even ) is following them! they talk about fear alot..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-12-2019 at 10:13 AM..

Old 01-12-2019, 09:16 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
zombies don't know they are zombies.. they think they are normal.... but God tells us who to find the alive ones..
all the proof is all in the puddin..

just look in the wake of a person's life ... and see what kind of life or death is following them!
I'm pretty sure that's what Trout was referring to when he mentioned those who are wounded.

And I freely admit that there was damage done to my brain by the religious doctrines that I was raised with. I'm happy to say that it doesn't have to be permanent. There is healing to be had.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:31 AM

just be warned folks .. they curse God for their own free will and yet value only using it take your free will ! it is the ultimate goals in antichrist..

just look at what they themselves did to their their lives for all the proof you need.
As they will try and blame God for all their "mistakes" , some "horrible religious experience" made them do it ..." they made me do it ". and that the sign of the sin of the very first bite.. good Bye and God bless!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-12-2019 at 10:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality