U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:22 AM

28,960 posts, read 49,623,161 times

Advertisements

Conservative radio outraged; officials say it was just ‘a bit of silliness’

REEDSBURG, Wis. - An elementary-school event in which kids were encouraged to dress as members of the opposite gender drew the ire of a Christian radio group, whose angry broadcast prompted outraged calls to the district office.

Cross-dressing event sparks furor - Life - MSNBC.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM

408 posts, read 655,100 times
I had a day similar to this when I was in elementary school, it was fun and not a big deal. But of course religious extremists will always have something to say...

Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 AM

13,062 posts, read 17,922,044 times
I had a similar day as well in 1995 in the buckle of the Bible Belt. People need to get a grip. :P

Old 04-08-2008, 11:44 AM

4,898 posts, read 17,110,278 times
homophobs out of control---it's just for laughs, what is the big deal? did they think donning clothing of the opposite sex was going to change these kids' lifestyle?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:46 AM

2,637 posts, read 6,176,590 times
Erm, when did it ever say in the Bible 'Thou shalt not cross-dress'? Heaven forbid kinds might find that kind of thing fun at their age.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,409,224 times
hmm.. elementary school.. such a wide gap there. Was this like 2nd grade or 5th grade?

I'm not the biggest fan of the idea.. I just think you have to watch the age group.

I dressed as "lady" one halloween.. but I only did it cause I knew it would be hot... and I was.

anyway.. back to the topic..

I've learned quite a few times on this board that being gay isn't a sin. Having sex with the same sex is the sin (from what I've heard on here and completely disagree with)..

but if that is the argument that is used.. that having sex with the same sex is the sin.. then what is the big deal about dressing up in clothing of the opposite sex? There should be nothing wrong with it..

Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM

2,616 posts, read 4,134,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Erm, when did it ever say in the Bible 'Thou shalt not cross-dress'? Heaven forbid kinds might find that kind of thing fun at their age.
It is in the bible read:

Duet. 22:5 :The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."

Old 04-08-2008, 12:55 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,409,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
It is in the bible read:

Duet. 22:5 :The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
So I guess that begs the question of what makes a man's garment.. a "man's" garment?

1. Is it a sin when my wife wears one of my t-shirts?
2. Is it a sin when my wife wears a pair of my socks?
3. Is it a sin when I put my jacket on my wife if she is cold?

What if the kids dressed up like "manly" lesbians.. would that be ok?

These are all questions just running through me head..

Oh.. wait.. what if I have a headband or wristbands.. and my wife wears them?

.. ohhh.. what if my wife puts on my watch..

what if my wife and I have the same size shoe.. and, by mistake, she puts on my shoes? Is that a sin...

Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM

4,898 posts, read 17,110,278 times
i bet many women in history wore men's garmentsin order to work and survive. and i guess Joan of Arc must be on fire right now ( no punn intended) since i am sure she wasnt riding horseback in her silk gown...

Old 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,502,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
It is in the bible read:

You first have to draw the line between men's clothing and women's clothing. Skirts are considered women's clothing, but some of the Scottish wear kilts.

Not that it matters to me anyway. If people lived completely by the bible, they'd be on death row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality