Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 10:25 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times

Advertisements

What a crazy and perverted system. The sooner it's gone, the better.Mind, I can see a point in women's refuges with religious costume and I have got to confess 'Respect' so that men won't try to ram the gates, drag the women out and tell them they are very Naughty girls. So like nuns or not, I can see an argument there. But I wouldn't let 'em teach my kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 11:19 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,083,615 times
Agreed Transponder. I pointed out that growing up in the Baptist church, there was this common excuse given by adults around my house of 'Well, That's Different. It is ok when I do it"
While there was no sexual abuse, my father had a filthy mouth and would grab a belt to beat any of us that said anything worng. Mom too. But again
"It is ok when I do it"

One night at dinner, my dad ordered wine. Drinking was forbidden in the Baptist church, as we were reminded weekly, but again drinking wine at dinner
"It's ok when I do it"

Then there was that one issue of sexual abuse that sort of touched our congregation. Our preacher's daughter ran away from home at 13. A year later, she returned, and her parents told her to go back to wherever it was she had been. About that time, stories started circulating through the middle schools and with friends that she had, that she had been molested by her father. Several months later, he abruptly announced his immediate resignation, said he had been "Called away by God to become a missionary" and he disappeared from the world. (Some suggested that he may have angered the wrong people in the wrong crime gangs or something too)
But The consensus was "Whatever he did was OK and God will forgive him IF he ever even did anything wrong" Many people said that if he did abuse her, then it was a family problem, not a church problem. I heard that from many sources.

Some religious people take offense to my open criticism of churches and church members, but that's ok as long as I am the one doing the criticizing.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Is that so?? What about nocturnal emissions. Does god have a hand in that?
No pun intended, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality