Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 09:22 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
I've always felt that if there actually was a god, which, obviously, there isn't, that he or she or it should be tried, convicted and executed for crimes against humanity. A view, BTW, I've never seen any reason to modify.

Life on earth is one bucket of pureed misery, including mankind and the animal kingdom.
bible god should be tried and executed for crimes against the universe, humanity and animals. So glad I'm not Christian and don't believe the sick, delusional disgusting nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 01:33 AM

3,804 posts, read 3,000,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
bible god should be tried and executed for crimes against the universe, humanity and animals. So glad I'm not Christian and don't believe the sick, delusional disgusting nonsense.
Maybe, more so for the crimes against humanity after death, if this eternal Hell is indeed real.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:36 AM

3,804 posts, read 3,000,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You have no proof that Hitler was not a Christian. Nor do you have any evidence that we should be concerned about an after life. If there is an afterlife
This may answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBovyyC6Vg

Old 02-23-2019, 04:50 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Most Christians seem to have an abusive nature, even though they will always struggle in their ongoing conformity and sanctification. They expect EVERYONE else to be that way. If anyone rejects that attitude, then they must be eternally lost.

Old 02-23-2019, 05:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If this is the extent of God's abilities then He better resign and put somebody more qualified in charge.
You said he didn't do anything. I said maybe he is doing what can be done.

weather we think its enough is another discussion.

Old 02-23-2019, 05:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
That's the whole point of deism. God may desperately want good things for the human race but He has deliberately chosen to stay completely out of it. From my observations of human development He kick-started the evolutionary cycle from two atoms coming together to start the building process of the first cell, kept everything going until the first hominids were sufficiently developed to make a go of it on their own and then dropped out of sight. Hasn't been heard from since.

So nobody denies men can be evil but the fact that society has managed to flourish and multiply as it as to close to 8 billion people now aptly demonstrates that man has been doing just fine without God's interference. The natural laws He put into place work just fine most of the time. 95% of us are pretty healthy and we give birth to 95% pretty healthy babies. We're destroying the planet, true, but that is for the people 100 years from now to deal with, not us. My only question in all this is why in the hell God created us anyway? Just to get old, suffer and then die? What's the point? I can't believe we evolved on our own. The odds are too astronomically against such a proposition. On the order of 10 to the 150th power or some such insane odds. So why?
I don't think we know enough to claim it deliberately stays out of it. I don't think it "kick started" life and then left. I guess its as good a claim as the biblegod, but its not even close to the best claim we can come up with.

why would I even consider that type of god with absolutely no evidence of it?

Old 02-23-2019, 10:42 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
This may answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBovyyC6Vg
I don't think a YouTube video is the ultimate authority. Otherwise I would need to believe the Earth is flat, in Bigfoot and that the 70s Cadillac was the most comfortable car to drive. If one has no believe in a Hell then the beginning of the video did not lay out the case for one. I have read academics articles on if Hitler was still a Christian or a non believer and I think that is still open for discussion. Labelling Hitler as an atheist always seems like an extremely poor attempt the place his madness onto a group that one doesn't like, much like Hitler himself scapegoated the Jews.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:01 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't think we know enough to claim it deliberately stays out of it. I don't think it "kick started" life and then left. I guess its as good a claim as the biblegod, but its not even close to the best claim we can come up with.

why would I even consider that type of god with absolutely no evidence of it?

Here's my rationale: for life to evolve on it's own starting from just two molecules coming together in the ocean and then about 3 trillion or so of them assembling in just the right order to form a dead cell are on the order of 10 to the 150th power. A figure that immense is beyond chance. It is impossible as any mathematician will tell you

Quote:
So the number of molecules in a typical human cell is somewhere between 5 million and 2 trillion, probably closer to the higher end of this range as human cells are roughly half water (85% of the human body is water, 60% of this is inside cells).
Now we have to get 37 trillion of these cells arranged in just the right order to make a human body.

Quote:
Scientists concluded that the average human body contains approximately 37.2 trillion cells!
But we still have a dead body and only a male body, no female. What sparked life into that dead body? And the female would have to evolve over millions of years to procreate with the male and both would have died out after a single lifetime. It's just not possible for male and female to have evolved with procreative abilities in a single lifetime to carry on the human species. And given the hostile environment whatever came out would have been devoured in an instant. I reason humans got here by one of two methods: either thousands of them stepped off a spaceship to seed the earth or a being much more powerful than us jump-started the whole thing. But we haven't heard from either since, so whoever started all this is deliberately staying out of it or they would be communicating with us regularly. That's as far as my rational mind takes me.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:22 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
...I reason humans got here by one of two methods: either thousands of them stepped off a spaceship to seed the earth or a being much more powerful than us jump-started the whole thing. But we haven't heard from either since, so whoever started all this is deliberately staying out of it or they would be communicating with us regularly. That's as far as my rational mind takes me.
Or we haven't heard from God/whom/whatever in the way we expect or perhaps want to. That doesn't mean God/it's not communicating. Maybe we (generally speaking) just haven't yet figured out how to receive the communication or even what to be on the lookout for. Perhaps, for some of us, our conscience and perhaps intuitive moments are the most we're wired to receive. That does not equate to God being absent.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:40 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Or we haven't heard from God/whom/whatever in the way we expect or perhaps want to. That doesn't mean God/it's not communicating. Maybe we (generally speaking) just haven't yet figured out how to receive the communication or even what to be on the lookout for. Perhaps, for some of us, our conscience and perhaps intuitive moments are the most we're wired to receive. That does not equate to God being absent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality