Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:34 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times

Advertisements

thrillobyte - You sure are full of yourself. Through your loud and noisy words, you try position yourself as though above everyone else, and talk down to everyone like an ranting, unstable megalomaniac.

Someday you'll discover that the world doesn't revolve around you, that you're just a tiny insignificant nothing in the universe (like all of us), and that you know very little about life and the world.

At the end of your life, what will you have to show? If it's just what's we see here, that will equal nothing.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-12-2019 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 11:11 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
thrillobyte - You sure are full of yourself. Through your loud and noisy words, you try position yourself as though above everyone else, and talk down to everyone like an ranting, unstable megalomaniac.

Someday you'll discover that the world doesn't revolve around you, that you're just a tiny insignificant nothing in the universe (like all of us), and that you know very little about life and the world.

At the end of your life, what will you have to show? If it's just what's we see here, that will equal nothing.
You're the one that said another poster led an empty and miserable life.

Maybe you should look inward before criticizing others.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:45 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

Throeau, it's obvious you dislike me. Let's pow-wow. What is it about me you dislike?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 02-12-2019 at 12:56 PM..

Old 02-12-2019, 01:53 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
maybe god is fixing it ... using you?
If there was a god, it's rather pathetic and immoral that he would choose to let so much harm go on for so many centuries.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
You're the one that said another poster led an empty and miserable life.

Maybe you should look inward before criticizing others.
I agree with you there. As I was reading Thoreau's post, I thought about ordering him a mirror off Amazon.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:53 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Throeau, it's obvious you dislike me. Let's pow-wow. What is it about me you dislike?
Well, it appears Thoreau dislikes me so much he doesn't even want to sit down and have a civilized discussion about our differences. Pretty typical when it comes to fundamentalists now that I think about it.

Curiously, I feel like Jesus when he was confronting the Pharisees in John 8:46. I will use Jesus' conversation with his accusers to point out Thoreau's and the other fundamentalists' hypocrisy in here:

Thrillobyte: Which of you can convict me of not telling the truth? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what I say. The reason you do not hear, Thoreau, is that you do not belong to God.”

Thoreau: Am I not right in saying you are a heretic and have a devil inside you?

Thrillobyte: I have no devil inside me. But I honor the truth and you dishonor me. I am not seeking glory for myself. Truly I tell you, whoever reads what I post on City Data Religion & Spirituality forum will never be led astray.

Thoreau: Now I know you have a devil. Nothing you post on City Data Religion & Spirituality forum is true. It's all lies and you are so full of yourself.

Thrillobyte: Yes, you told me that in your last post #41. If I tell the truth about Christianity to myself it means nothing. What does it profit me? But if I speak the truth to everyone in City Data, then everyone hears the truth and learns. Your spiritual father in here, Mike555 rejoiced at the thought of seeing me fall on my face and being exposed as a liar. He dreamed of it and was glad, but it never happened.

Thoreau: You haven't been present in here 10 years. Have you more seniority than our spiritual father, Mike555?

Thrillobyte: Amen Amen I say unto you: before Mike555 was, I AM!

Last edited by thrillobyte; 02-12-2019 at 03:14 PM..

Old 02-12-2019, 03:55 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If there was a god, it's rather pathetic and immoral that he would choose to let so much harm go on for so many centuries.
If there is no god, who’s to blame?

Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Some things just happen. But we're not talking about those kinds of totally random occurrences.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your mom and dad

Old 02-12-2019, 05:04 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Some things just happen. But we're not talking about those kinds of totally random occurrences.
Non-answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality