Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 02:38 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times

Advertisements

Whether she has to pay her legal fees or the jurisdiction has to is going to depend on the insurance carrier language for official duty liability or, if she was required to have one, the performance bond terms. Some states require those bonds while others don't.

Think of the second as an equivalent to E&O insurance realtors carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 02:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
As long as she's unhappy and suffering in some way, I'm ok with it.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:54 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Whether she has to pay her legal fees or the jurisdiction has to is going to depend on the insurance carrier language for official duty liability or, if she was required to have one, the performance bond terms. Some states require those bonds while others don't.

Think of the second as an equivalent to E&O insurance realtors carry.
I'm guessing that the insurance carrier for her official duties might not cover her legal defense for defying a federal court order. That's not quite the same thing as making an error on the county clerk records.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
[quote=jeffbase40;54477867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Unfortunately, people as yourself can only view the situation from one perspective and not see beyond the stance that she had a job and refused to do it.. Here is a non-religious take on it:

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2015/1...rhea-karuturi/
Jeff

Have you ever thought about the LBGT couples of how they might feel being told that they are such abominations that they do not deserve to receive a government service in their own county? Or even the next State if the head of that State wants to use his religion. Or the country. Have you ever been to a store or government office and been told they won't serve you or hire you because of your gender, sexual orientation, race or religion?

Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I'm guessing that the insurance carrier for her official duties might not cover her legal defense for defying a federal court order. That's not quite the same thing as making an error on the county clerk records.
Again, it will depend. The one I had did not cover fraud or malfeasance in office (essentially that meant bribery or official oppression-using the office to retaliate against someone).

Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Maybe we can send her on a mission trip to a far off island?

She should set up a go fund me page.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:00 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Unfortunately, people as yourself can only view the situation from one perspective. Here is a non-religious take on it:

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2015/1...rhea-karuturi/

Unfortunately, people as yourself can not look beyond "well she had a job to do and refused to do it."
Apparently old Jeffery doesn't realize that there are consequences to ones actions. You break the law and in doing so don't actually perform your job duties, and actively keep others in the office from doing so as well, there will be consequences. Period. She is free to act like an idiot and get fired and sued to "protect her beliefs" though. Nevermind the fact that she tramples on those so called beliefs of hers all the time in her personal life....

Old 02-19-2019, 03:02 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Thats mans law not gods law. ^^^^

Jeff is most likely like kim and only recognizes gods law

AM I CORRECT JEFFBASE?

Old 02-19-2019, 03:43 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Thats mans law not gods law. ^^^^

Jeff is most likely like kim and only recognizes gods law

AM I CORRECT JEFFBASE?
I'll just leave this here... Not that Jeff can see it, since I was such a meanie he had to block me... Poor little Jeff can't handle the truth coming from a bisexual woman I guess...

Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

Old 02-19-2019, 06:45 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Maybe we can send her on a mission trip to a far off island?

She should set up a go fund me page.
She'd say, "You mean the one they shot that poor kid full of arrows when he preached Jaysuz is their savior????????? Are you nuts?????? I may be crazy but I'm not insane!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by thrillobyte; 02-19-2019 at 07:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality