Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 05:57 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,165,130 times

Advertisements

"Love is not created, it is liberated." This is a quote I found that resonates with me. Mustering love, manufacturing love, making oneself love is trying to create love and all because others expect us to. That is a benefit to others. They will love us back as long we love them.

But if a person liberates their love, it is always present. Why then would there be an expectation to love another?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 06:06 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Perhaps if everyone worried about themselves, instead of always trying to lay blame on the next guy, the world would be a better place.
I would change this to some people. many people are reflective but just have the information or confidence.

I would also say that people going around saying that we are all equally capable to talk about these things are part of the problem. I could never be a pro football player ... no matter how hard I tried.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Unless you’re gay, black or Cherokee
this is strictly within a religion.

many people focused on "loving" have out grown the region they started in. Much like the tree of life has out ground the pot that it started in.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I can take action without malice.
That's best I can do.
What an honest answer.
And Trout Dude's, gratitude...it's all trying , isn't it?
I don't look up verses if some one can't just place it there for us.
Always a good thing, not to act like the Bible God. ..floods are so yesterday anyway....very messy.
Ozzy, I would have to ask..why was 'neighbor' in big letters...and the ques was more 'how'...
how do you love a neighbor that deliberately throws dog poop to your side of the fence (made up example)...
does it come 'inherently' to you to bring them over a pie the next day or wave with a smile?
And do you still treat them as you would like to be treated with a smile and a wave, as was posted, too,
(treat them as you would like to be treated)...
when you have asked them to stop it? (I'm not picking you, btw.)

So how does a person get to that love of the 'bad' neighbor?
How does one feel love for God ? (for believers, of course)
Maybe you don't believe you need to love God or it is impossible...'How can
you love something invisible'? Maybe that's what you think? I dunno.

I personally don't see how people can love something invisible that they do not know...but only
have an idea about.
Seems the idea is getting the love and admiration....not God personally.
How does one (or you) get from 'trying'--- to actual unconditional love?
Or maybe that isn't even a goal of yours? Maybe you think it is impossible to get to that state?
Thanks again.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:40 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
I struggle with loving my neighbor. It's about getting along with the people in your vicinity. God has placed difficult people in our lives sometimes. But it's because he is using those people to teach us something. We shouldn't dismiss everyone we don't understand so quickly.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
"Love is not created, it is liberated." This is a quote I found that resonates with me. Mustering love, manufacturing love, making oneself love is trying to create love and all because others expect us to. That is a benefit to others. They will love us back as long we love them.
But if a person liberates their love, it is always present. Why then would there be an expectation to love another?
Thank you, a thoughtful post for so early in the morning.

Ah, expectation. Love is not 'created'...others loving us back...all good to bring up.

I was thinking more of us personally....Me? Who cares about expectations of others anyway, right?
I don't need them to love me back...who cares... But, hey that's me at this point in my life.
Would I be nice to them for them to like me? I dunno...that's not really unconditonal love, is it?

Now, more interesting than that stuff...how is love liberated...or how do you liberate love inside yourself?
Now that is more the meat of the thread, to me!
Love...if it is there...how to open to it or let it 'be'...let it flow from us to God, to everybody., for ourselves and life...
just naturally...manifesting in spontaneous forgiveness, kindness, support., generosity, selflessness..etc.
Is it for 'them' or for us, for God, for a place in Heaven, for favor? See?
Thanks

Old 02-23-2019, 06:55 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,165,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank you, a thoughtful post for so early in the morning.

Ah, expectation. Love is not 'created'...others loving us back...all good to bring up.

I was thinking more of us personally....Me? Who cares about expectations of others anyway, right?
I don't need them to love me back...who cares... But, hey that's me at this point in my life.
Would I be nice to them for them to like me? I dunno...that's not really unconditonal love, is it?

Now, more interesting than that stuff...how is love liberated...or how do you liberate love inside yourself?
Now that is more the meat of the thread, to me!
Love...if it is there...how to open to it or let it 'be'...let it flow from us to God, to everybody., for ourselves and life...
just naturally...manifesting in spontaneous forgiveness, kindness, support., generosity, selflessness..etc.
Is it for 'them' or for us, for God, for a place in Heaven, for favor? See?
Thanks
Liberated love would be for all who wish to benefit from it. Thank you for the kind compliments.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I struggle with loving my neighbor. It's about getting along with the people in your vicinity. God has placed difficult people in our lives sometimes. But it's because he is using those people to teach us something. We shouldn't dismiss everyone we don't understand so quickly.
Well, that was a bit of wisdom not all have.

And isn't that the beginning of this unconditional, glorious, agape love?
To understand deeply in your being all is happening for you? The good, the bad and the ugly?

So to change the perspective to view these 'obstacles' as simply learning tools to bring us closer to
our Goal?....However, you think of that Goal....happiness, union with God, Heaven, or just to be
cocooned for eternity in blissful Love?

Changing our perspective...seems that is the first step to happiness...Buddhists have been
onto that for awhile! 'Be an observer' rather than taking the neighbor's antics so personally?
Being at peace would be a step to liberate that love more? Yes?
Thanks, Ozzy.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What an honest answer.
And Trout Dude's, gratitude...it's all trying , isn't it?
I don't look up verses if some one can't just place it there for us.
Always a good thing, not to act like the Bible God. ..floods are so yesterday anyway....very messy.
Ozzy, I would have to ask..why was 'neighbor' in big letters...and the ques was more 'how'...
how do you love a neighbor that deliberately throws dog poop to your side of the fence (made up example)...
does it come 'inherently' to you to bring them over a pie the next day or wave with a smile?
And do you still treat them as you would like to be treated with a smile and a wave, as was posted, too,
(treat them as you would like to be treated)...
when you have asked them to stop it? (I'm not picking you, btw.)

So how does a person get to that love of the 'bad' neighbor?
How does one feel love for God ? (for believers, of course)
Maybe you don't believe you need to love God or it is impossible...'How can
you love something invisible'? Maybe that's what you think? I dunno.

I personally don't see how people can love something invisible that they do not know...but only
have an idea about.
Seems the idea is getting the love and admiration....not God personally.
How does one (or you) get from 'trying'--- to actual unconditional love?
Or maybe that isn't even a goal of yours? Maybe you think it is impossible to get to that state?
Thanks again.

wow, theres a lot here.

It gets old, but for me its important ... all i can say, walk with confidence. You belong on the field.

to the limited mind,
a warrior ...
looks like the devil.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:44 AM

8,673 posts, read 3,874,206 times
Shouldn’t it be more about acceptance (and loving others) rather than loving a ‘God’? I mean, even if you believe in God, doesn’t it make sense to look at it in those terms? What would be the point otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality