Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 01:58 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Agreed, and since we purportedly have Dominion on the earth, it truly IS up to us collectively.
Yeah, that was my point. There is no God; it is up to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 02:00 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yeah, that was my point. There is no God; it is up to us.
OR . . . God only works THROUGH us.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:08 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Except you mentioned the scale of influence individually is limited - which is really nothing more than saying ‘more people united toward a common goal can cause more change’. Well, yeah - that’s rather obvious! How does God or prayer even enter into that equation, then?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
What we are dealing with is the SCALE of influence possible. It is unreasonable to expect any single human consciousness to affect 7+ billion. So what scale would be necessary for any reasonable expectation to be realized? How homogenous must it be? We know anecdotally that something called the Home Field Advantage seems to exist but since it is dependent upon the actual composition and attitudes of the attendant crowd, it is hardly uniform in effect. What might be possible with a completely homogenous 7+ billion consciousnesses????? Just speculating.
Is it the individual doing the praying who answers the prayer? I thought it was the omnipotent being who spoke the universe into existence in 6 days.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
God either is or is not all powerful; he can't be both. So, what say you? Which is it?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:30 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
God either is or is not all powerful; he can't be both. So, what say you? Which is it?
I would agree that God has absolute power, and we are given a relative power in connection to God's absolute power.
Absolute power does Not mean God chooses to use all of His power for everything.
For example: God gifted His human creation with free-will choices.
Thus, God simply chooses Not to know our choices in advance.
However, our free-will choices will be made manifest at the soon coming ' time of separation ' as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I would agree that God has absolute power, and we are given a relative power in connection to God's absolute power.
Absolute power does Not mean God chooses to use all of His power for everything.

So your opinion is that he can provide food to starving children, he simply chooses to not.

Quote:
However, our free-will choices will be made manifest at the soon coming ' time of separation ' as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
So, God did not know us before he formed us in the womb? Jeremiah 1:5 is incorrect?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Interesting to me that in Matthew 25 parable of the sheep and goats Jesus didn't say:
"Come you blessed of my Father into the kingdom for you prayed to my Father in my name to feed the hungry and clothe the naked and visit those in prison.
Depart from me, ye curse into everlasting fire for you prayed not to my Father in my name to feed the hungry and clothe the naked and visit those in prison."
Even Jesus contradicts himself by telling us to do, not to pray and then out of the other side of his mouth say, "Ask anything in my name and my Father will do it."

Okay, Jesus, here's your chance: "In your name, Jesus I pray that you feed every hungry person, clothe every naked person and heal every disease that plagues mankind. Let them see the power of your salvation. In the name of Jesus I ask the Father to do this, Amen."
Let's watch what happens.
Jesus was addressing those who would be doing the work of Matthew 24:14 who ask according to God's will as Jesus did.

Yes, it is getting near to ' here's your chance Jesus ' time - Matthew 25:31-33
Getting near is this coming ' time of separating ' to take place on Earth.
Jesus wants us to 'watch what happens' as per Mark 13:33-37
We are nearing the ' final phase ', so to speak, of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
This mean we are nearing the ' final signal ' of 1st Thess. 5:2-3
The ' powers that be ' when they are saying, "Peace and Security..." that is going to prove to be the precursor to the coming ' great tribulation ' of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
We are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Feed, clothe, heal,etc. is what will happen according to Rev. 22:2. And as described at chapter 35 of Isaiah.
Jesus will have earthly subjects according to Psalm 72:8 and notice Psalm 72:12-14.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
No one will say, "I am sick...." according to Isaiah 33:24.
Then, even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1st Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
So, yes, do watch, keep on the watch !

Old 02-25-2019, 04:45 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Considering the thread we're in, you're saying that god chooses to let children starve.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
it may have been "create us the way we are or don't create us at all."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality