Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times

Advertisements

So a fetus is now simply a baby?

A lot of the time I hear anti-abortion stories about how a "baby" can feel the abortion happening, even though all evidence points to their nervous system not being developed enough to do so.

By the way, I'm pro-choice, in case you couldn't tell... though I have a problem with IDX (commonly called partial-birth abortions).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:02 AM

756 posts, read 2,574,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post

A lot of the time I hear anti-abortion stories about how a "baby" can feel the abortion happening, even though all evidence points to their nervous system not being developed enough to do so
have you actually watched an abortion on video...the internal actions...
or seen it being performed first hand????

Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 AM

545 posts, read 2,043,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
Personally, I don't believe it's a big deal. If someone doesn't want to have a baby, alright, let it go.

But, what's the big hold up and why does it need to be illegal?
REPLY:

1. Because theres nothing more sacred and important than Human Life.
2. About 15 years ago, expert Medical Doctors, Scientists, and Ethicists from all over the world (aobut 80 total) met with the U.S. Congress and concluded that human life starts at conception.
3. When an abortion takes place, it is stopping the developing Human Being (regardless of size) from living and depending on its mother for growth, nurishment, and life. The way it is done nearly all the time, is, the babys head is crushed using surgical foreceps so it can be sucked out into a nearby sink using a suction device that is very sttrong so it is able to rip , tear, and dismember the developing human being. If you looked into the sink, youd find distinquishable fingers, limbs, muscles, etc. The developing Baby feels pain as evidence in the real abortion procedure on the video :'The Silent Scream'.
4. This occurs roughly 4,000 times per day in america. (walk in type) .
5. The main reason for abortions (95% of the time) are due to sexual hedonism. That is, freedom to use ones sexuality as he/she pleases ., for a pastime.
If Abortion was no big deal, then, you would hear women say :' Gee, i sure am glad i had that abortion' . You dont. In fact, women whove had abortions are usually very depressed over it , sometimes for thier entire life, and are more likely to have deep emotional problems and higher risk of suicide. Its because even though they were brainwashed into thinking it 'was just a blob of tissue'...their conscience tells them that they in fact murdered thier own devleoping flesh and blood.

Fortunately, there are counselling centers for post abortive Women (and men) available all around the USA for healing to take place. And there is total forgiveness for the decision made from God if the woman is willing to admit it was what it was ..and to apply the finished work of atonement for that sin in which Jesus paid for on the cross.

In conclusion, both the Sexual Hedonist and the Abortion Clinics need one another ; the Hedonist for a safeguard and the Clinics for increased revenue. You can expect it to get much worse due to the growing out of control Culture that is continuously promoting fornication, adultery, etc...as a fun permissable lifestyle. This is what typically what happens to a society that abandons God and his moral absolutes in favor of people making SELF thier 'god' so they can live as they wish.

Regards.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM

545 posts, read 2,043,868 times
America would rather sweep the truth and facts about abortion under the carpet because its our nations Halocaust : Missionaries to the Preborn - Why We Show the Bloody Photographs of Murdered Preborns

Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Default What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
Personally, I don't believe it's a big deal. If someone doesn't want to have a baby, alright, let it go.

But, what's the big hold up and why does it need to be illegal?
All it has to do with is that little thing called "murder". But hey if it make me feel good to do it, it should be part of my unalienable wrights.

Your right, what is the big deal.....

Where have you been for the last 40 years?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
As a man who, because of physical reaons, could not have children, I cringe every time the subject of abortion comes up. I then think of how many men or women cannot have children for the same reasons that are in this world and then how selfish the women are out there who think they can just throw away a life simply because they don't want it....it's absolutely disgusting. Our society lives within the confines of a throw-away mentality and then on top of that, we have no accountability for our actions. We complain about the rights of the women but very few bring up the rights of the unborn child. Did anyone stop to think that at the point of conception, that child is fully dependent upon the mother? The little being may not be fully sentient but if you take that little being from the mother, it will die. The right to live was passed onto the little child from the parents and is in effect at point of conception.

Anyway, this is my opinion and I haven't even discussed this from my christian point of view. If I am as pained and disgusted by this, then I can only imagine how God must feel about it.

BTW, just about every young woman/adult woman that I have seen in interviews or read about in an article expressed their total remorse over the fact that they had an abortion and they wish they could go back and reverse their decision. All this while the uncaring, callous ones continue enjoying themselves over and over again, only to deny a precious life the opportunity to to live. Very sad.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:49 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
I'm passionatley anti-abortion. But I try very hard to pick my words carefully, so as not to alienate the women who have had one. Jesus loves them, as much as he loves all of us.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:31 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY:

1. Because theres nothing more sacred and important than Human Life.
2. About 15 years ago, expert Medical Doctors, Scientists, and Ethicists from all over the world (aobut 80 total) met with the U.S. Congress and concluded that human life starts at conception.
3. When an abortion takes place, it is stopping the developing Human Being (regardless of size) from living and depending on its mother for growth, nurishment, and life. The way it is done nearly all the time, is, the babys head is crushed using surgical foreceps so it can be sucked out into a nearby sink using a suction device that is very sttrong so it is able to rip , tear, and dismember the developing human being. If you looked into the sink, youd find distinquishable fingers, limbs, muscles, etc. The developing Baby feels pain as evidence in the real abortion procedure on the video :'The Silent Scream'.
4. This occurs roughly 4,000 times per day in america. (walk in type) .
5. The main reason for abortions (95% of the time) are due to sexual hedonism. That is, freedom to use ones sexuality as he/she pleases ., for a pastime.
If Abortion was no big deal, then, you would hear women say :' Gee, i sure am glad i had that abortion' . You dont. In fact, women whove had abortions are usually very depressed over it , sometimes for thier entire life, and are more likely to have deep emotional problems and higher risk of suicide. Its because even though they were brainwashed into thinking it 'was just a blob of tissue'...their conscience tells them that they in fact murdered thier own devleoping flesh and blood.

Fortunately, there are counselling centers for post abortive Women (and men) available all around the USA for healing to take place. And there is total forgiveness for the decision made from God if the woman is willing to admit it was what it was ..and to apply the finished work of atonement for that sin in which Jesus paid for on the cross.

In conclusion, both the Sexual Hedonist and the Abortion Clinics need one another ; the Hedonist for a safeguard and the Clinics for increased revenue. You can expect it to get much worse due to the growing out of control Culture that is continuously promoting fornication, adultery, etc...as a fun permissable lifestyle. This is what typically what happens to a society that abandons God and his moral absolutes in favor of people making SELF thier 'god' so they can live as they wish.

Regards.
I agree personally, with everything you have expressed except I think it is important to be able to make the case against abortion without God or religion. If you can't, then the argument only applies to believers.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:33 PM

285 posts, read 535,598 times
God approves of killing fetuses;

Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

Hosea 9:14 Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

Hosea 9:16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Hosea 13:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

2 Samuel 12:15 And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick. -- 12:18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died.

Genesis 38:24 And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah, saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt.

Why do christians even bother with the question of killing babies, their god was very good at it.

Oh and I did not count the first borns, all the kids he commanded to be killed in various cities, shoot even the kids killed at Sodom.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:44 PM

285 posts, read 535,598 times
It is estimated that the bible tells us that god killed 32,920,670 people, just in the bible stories alone.

Why do people who worship such a blood thirsty god, worry about the sanctity of life ?

Seriously, christians say abortion is wrong yet god kills kids, they say murder it wrong yet god kills men, woman and children.

Christians will say "well Jesus changed all that" but the bible says god does not change. He has no turning of shadow.

More and more I am astounded at how vastly different christians are from what the bible they claim they follow actually teaches.

Oh, do not get me wrong, that is a good thing, they are bad enough already without becoming the same as their blood thirsty god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality