Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 02:33 PM

50,437 posts, read 24,019,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Obviously.

Just something you might note, when telling other posters to change their style. ;D
Some pander, others don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 02:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,283,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualVisitor View Post
How in the world can a, supposedly, loving God destroy people…?
Who said He did?
Oh, the blaming, scared, primitive, campfire folks from 1000s and 1000s of years ago did.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:01 PM

27,986 posts, read 29,811,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Alright, Katzpur - I concede the point regarding the help they provided others.
Thank you, Shirina.

Quote:
Still, though, almost $50 million wasted in a regressive campaign to oppress people and meddle in politics. It is this meddling that angers me. Quite frankly, religion has no business dictating to the government of any municipality, county, state, or the nation as a whole. Religion should be a *private* choice by individuals, not a mandate by the government saying, "Because the Mormons believe X and the fundevangelists believe X, the government will now pass a law saying X is forbidden." And for no other good reason than that.

Yes, no one can do X because a small percentage of religious groups don't like X. So whether you're that kind of Christian or not - whether you're Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, Shintoist, Wiccan, Pagan, or a plain old Atheist, you have to at least behave as though you believe the same way as the Mormons and fundevangelists.

Wait ... I thought we had freedom of religion in America? *blink* At least I *thought* that was one of our guaranteed rights. And yet the Mormons as well as their fundevangelist allies spend huge sums of money to ensure that freedom was NOT the case and used their money to influence the results of a referendum. To me, that is a violation of civil liberties - and *someone* should be in prison for that, if not sued down do their underwear.

And yet nothing happened.

Anyhow, I'm glad you're also disapproving of that action - and I wonder how many other Mormons are equally angered. That's your money they spent, as well as the money of millions of other donators who gave to the church expecting the money to be spent properly. And not to spend it on oppression, regression, to make our nation as backwards as many Islamic fundamentalist nations in the Middle East.
I don't know how many of us there are, but I do know I'm not alone. I also know I'm not alone in being a staunch LGBT ally. Every June, I march with a group of Mormons called "Mormons Building Bridges" in Salt Lake City's annual Pride Parade. It's the best Sunday of the year, IMO.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:14 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,594,393 times
Quote:
Obviously.

Just something you might note, when telling other posters to change their style. ;D
Some of us don't post to get likes, Clara. We also don't post a bunch in forums that we know people will agree with us constantly, such as yourself.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:31 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,808,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Some of us don't post to get likes, Clara. We also don't post a bunch in forums that we know people will agree with us constantly, such as yourself.
Does it look to you, seeing my posts, that I'm posting to get likes?

It's incredibly arrogant of Phetaroi to tell me - not once or twice, but several times, how to post.

I don't care who has rep points, and have noticed that some of the smarter posters have very few points, maybe because they post questions instead of answers.

Who thinks they have the right to repeatedly tell someone their posting style is wrong? I felt something had to be said, when telling him to worry about himself didn't work.

*blinks eyes*

Old 03-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I didn't realize it was a popularity contest.
You worked EXTRA hard for those points since we get ONE rep point in the Religion/atheist sections.....5 if it is about a city or automobile or the weather....you earned all your points.

Clara is new to these parts, maybe doesn't realize that CD factoid.

Note: Mean, antagonizing people get many many reps and also friends and followers...esp
in the Political or Current Events, Relationship, Auto areas.
So, imo, that makes reps pretty mute.
I got most of my reps in Food and Drink, woo-hoo, so I'm pretty cool, eh?

Old 03-06-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You worked EXTRA hard for those points since we get ONE rep point in the Religion/atheist sections.....5 if it is about a city or automobile or the weather....you earned all your points.

Clara is new to these parts, maybe doesn't realize that CD factoid.

Note: Mean, antagonizing people get many many reps and also friends and followers...esp
in the Political or Current Events, Relationship, Auto areas.
So, imo, that makes reps pretty mute.
I got most of my reps in Food and Drink, woo-hoo, so I'm pretty cool, eh?
I have no idea how rep points work, at all. Whether you are giving someone more rep points when you send them through the little scale icon that allows you to comment, or whether just clicking that link at the bottom of the post.

The point really was, it seems a little crazy to go telling someone - numerous times - how to structure their posts.

I guess the truth is, he really DOESN'T understand analogies or cultural references, and so would prefer just straight boring unimaginative text.

Which I don't do. Because, well, it's boring.

Last edited by ClaraC; 03-06-2019 at 04:00 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I guess the truth is, he really DOESN'T understand analogies or cultural references, and so would prefer just straight boring unimaginative text.
Which I don't do. Because, well, it's boring.
You would make a good politician then.
When asking a direct question most people want a direct, clear answer.
phet, btw, is an accomplished educator...he understands more than you know and is a good
listener in person.

phet, I expect my 1 rep on this, cuz that was HARD earned.....

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-06-2019 at 04:11 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You would make a good politician then.When asking a direct question most people want a direct, clear answer.
I don't know that goes for this board.

I've noticed saying "I don't know" doesn't get you anywhere. Can't be much more direct and clear than that.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I don't know that goes for this board.

I've noticed saying "I don't know" doesn't get you anywhere.
Can't be much more direct and clear than that.
Maybe your, "I don't know" was missed...unfortunate, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality