Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 03:08 AM

63,565 posts, read 39,855,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yet again, you are bamboozling nobody. Inflated persiflage notwithstanding.."extrapolating the basic reductionist materialist view into the ongoing revelations in the quantum realm" indeed

Translated it means' "Quantum" used as a smokescreen for faith -claims.
No, Arq translated it means you do not or cannot explore the presumptions of your reductionist materialism against the known findings in the quantum realm and the cosmological realm to see that they no longer hold up. Nothing to do with faith-based claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,518,409 times
its more like trans doesn't understand what quantum mechanics is telling us. he does not understand what entanglement and bells experiment means in relation to this topic.

Personally I think its worse mystic. he is so focused on his statement of belief about god that he willfully ignores the science to maintain his statement of belief about god as the best interpretations we have on reality.

He lets his belief about god dictate reality. he does not let reality dictate how we should describe it.

I guess, as an atheist, I just don't understand how he lets a statement of belief about god determine how the universe works.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:58 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,590,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Here is the essence of the skeptic's view of prayer:

"I prayed for a gold brick to materialize in front of me while sitting at my kitchen table. I told God I would give him 5 minutes. I sat there for 10 minutes. Nothing happened. Conclusion: God doesn't exist."

Pure stupidity and childishness.
Is praying for a wife kind of the same thing Oz?

How about praying to not have stage 4 cancer?

Old 06-12-2019, 04:59 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,590,472 times
Quote:
Everyone despised Jesus too. Not that I'm comparing myself to him.
Maybe jesus was just a big Richard head?

Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,813,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Finally, the Bible is specific about prayers being answered. It is not true because if it was you could pray a gold brick into existence.
Thank you.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:42 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,573,603 times
Quote:
Everyone despised Jesus too. Not that I'm comparing myself to him.

Explain please, how can one "despise" an entity one doesn't believe in. Do you despise fairies or leprechauns?

Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,813,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Explain please, how can one "despise" an entity one doesn't believe in. Do you despise fairies or leprechauns?
What would YOU think about a lowly manual laborer who claimed to be the promised king everyone had hoped for?

Old 06-12-2019, 10:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,821,127 times
Quote:
What would YOU think about a lowly manual laborer who claimed to be the promised king everyone had hoped for?
Can you point out where your Jesus 'claimed' to be the Jewish Messiah? I'm not aware of it.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 AM

50,450 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
I would think delusions of grandeur.

And btw, it wasn't "everyone" by any means.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:23 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,595,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would think delusions of grandeur.

And btw, it wasn't "everyone" by any means.
Exactly. Just imagine if this happened now. Some guy starts claiming to be Jesus, the son of God. He's just some random guy, that happened to be born to a mother who claimed she had never sex. He spoke in a way that sounds Biblical, but couldn't actually provide any proof of who he is. This guy also has some long hair and a beard, and brown skin.

Do you think the fundies (or most anyone else) would accept that? No. Why should they? He is likely just a crazy guy who needs some psychiatric help. In fact, fundies would likely be the ones lining up to stone him for being a false prophet or the anti-Christ or some such nonsense.

Also, why would people have "wanted" this king that they only "need" because of the kings father in the first place? In other words, God creates the problem, then sends the solution, and everyone is supposed to be oh so grateful for it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality