Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 03:52 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times

Advertisements

Here Ye Here Ye
This court is now in session
The Honorable King Cat presiding

Our first case, the arrest and trial of a local serial thief

Your Honor for the past several years, ending about a year ago, someone has been burglarizing homes and stealing small items totaling tens of thousands of dollars
The crimes seemed to stop about a year ago, and now we have arrested a man who were are certain is the perpetrator of thee crimes. We are seeking the maximum sentence upon his conviction which we are certain you will grant. It is the opinion and belief of law enforcement and the local community that this man should be sent away for 15 years.

OK well present your evidence.

Your Catness, we present along with the suspect, this notebook, which contains a hand written description of the thief, hence our suspect, and a section stating that he is in act guilty. This notebook has been circulated around the community and is believed to be an accurate account of this persons crimes.

And where did you obtain this book?

We found it, Your Honor.

And where did You find it?

Well, someone gave it to us, your Honor, but it has several pages stating that our suspect is the thief who committed the crimes in question
I see And who wrote this ?

well, your honor, we are not sure, but it is believed to have been passed around and read by many members of the community who will verify it's accuracy and truthfulness.

And these people ..who can verify this book..are they here today?

No Your Honor But we are told that many people believe it, although none were available to state WHY and HOW they know it to be factual

And you do not know who wrote it?

No, your honor.

Has anyone who wrote it appeared to take credit for it?

Not exactly, no, but it has to be Right and this man HAS to be guilty!

Well, you are asking me to take a man's freedom for 15 years based on a book that no one claims to have written, no one who read it can come and defend it, and for all I know, is just a myth, heresay, an opinion......I cannot do that.

But Your Honor, many people believe that this man is guilty!

And where is your EVIDENCE? I need evidence, not some random book that hs no facts and no reason. Do you have any of the goods he supposedly stole?

No Your Honor

DO you have fingerprints of him or DNA of him from any crime scene?
No your Honor

Do you have any eyewitnesses who actually saw this man who will come forward and verify these stories?

No Your Honor We do not.

SO You have not convinced me. You pass around some book, you wave it around and say that it is true, but you have presented zero evidence, reasonable argument. Just saying that people believe in something does not make it true. !!!! r Get outta Here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 08:39 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Very good. of course, His Honor has the advantage that he is in charge of the court. If not he would be told that he is being irrational and biased because he believes the accused in Not Guilty and his protests that he doesn't claim to believe any such thing but he hasn't been convinced (because that book presented as evidence is not proof i.e persuasive evidence) will fall on deaf ears.

'You are probably lying - biased people like you always do'. Appeals to the rules of law will be dismissed 'That is not what the law says.' No it isn't - look here...

"Well, that is only the opinion of lawyers. They are subject to bias too. And they take a lot of things on faith - so do you."

"What do i take on faith?"

"Well - that you car will start."

"That isn't faith! I understand the reason it works and I have experience that it starts. That isn't like a notebook that I know nothing about."

"Well, you believe other books."

And so on...

And the bottom line of course (facing the US right now) is - is this Honor in charge of the court or is the 'Mojo' or religion going to replace him with the Judge who wanted to overrul the jury because he thought God had told him different.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:58 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Evidence?
There IS no evidence.

Eyewitnesses?
There ARE no eyewitnesses.

Statements from the Accused?
There ARE no statements. There IS no written testimony the accused left behind?

Left behind? Where IS the Accused?
We don't know. He was never at the scene. We have 100th-200th-hand accounts of what they believe happened.

What good is that in a court of law? In other words, you have NOTHING?
That's right, your honor.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:15 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
I mean, needing proof to say a guy died and rised for our sins literally is pointless.

it didn't happen.

period.

it doesn't matter if guy named Jesus lived or not.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:36 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I mean, needing proof to say a guy died and rised for our sins literally is pointless.
it didn't happen.
period.
it doesn't matter if guy named Jesus lived or not.
Jesus taught us that our "sins" were "missing the mark" - really failures to have agape love (mercy and compassion, etc.). We missed the mark so Jesus did it perfectly for us. In that sense, He died for (because of) our sins. A physical rising from the dead was a necessary deception for our ancestors who were absolutely terrified of Spirits. That is why Jesus said there were things they could not yet handle and could only be fed "carnal milk." But we ALL will rise from the dead and be born again as Spirits upon our death, so it isn't as far fetched as you think, Arach.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus taught us that our "sins" were "missing the mark" - really failures to have agape love (mercy and compassion, etc.). We missed the mark so Jesus did it perfectly for us. In that sense, He died for (because of) our sins. A physical rising from the dead was a necessary deception for our ancestors who were absolutely terrified of Spirits. That is why Jesus said there were things they could not yet handle and could only be fed "carnal milk." But we ALL will rise from the dead and be born again as Spirits upon our death, so it isn't as far fetched as you think, Arach.
I am strictly talking about that person dying and that person rising from the dead as some of them teach.

as you know, if a group of proteins act like Jesus, or you and me, then for all intensive purposes it is Jesus.

we literally, are a more complex protein. we don't have to sit in a fluid and wait for the reactants, we can go get them. its so frigged simple and yet most people can't keep up.

its why "believing"will always out number trans' sect of atheism. his sect of atheism deny's basic understand based on a statement of belief about god. trans=omega.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:14 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Here Ye Here Ye

Your Honor for the past several years, ending about a year ago, someone has been burglarizing homes and stealing small items totaling tens of thousands of dollars
The crimes seemed to stop about a year ago, and now we have arrested a man who were are certain is the perpetrator of thee crimes. We are seeking the maximum sentence upon his conviction which we are certain you will grant. It is the opinion and belief of law enforcement and the local community that this man should be sent away for 15 years.

Your Catness, we present along with the suspect, this notebook, which contains a hand written description of the thief, hence our suspect, and a section stating that he is in act guilty. This notebook has been circulated around the community and is believed to be an accurate account of this persons crimes.

We found it, Your Honor.

Well, someone gave it to us, your Honor, but it has several pages stating that our suspect is the thief who committed the crimes in question

well, your honor, we are not sure, but it is believed to have been passed around and read by many members of the community who will verify it's accuracy and truthfulness.

No Your Honor But we are told that many people believe it, although none were available to state WHY and HOW they know it to be factual

No, your honor.

Well, you are asking me to take a man's freedom for 15 years based on a book that no one claims to have written, no one who read it can come and defend it, and for all I know, is just a myth, heresay, an opinion......I cannot do that.

And where is your EVIDENCE? I need evidence, not some random book that hs no facts and no reason. Do you have any of the goods he supposedly stole?

No Your Honor

No your Honor

Do you have any eyewitnesses who actually saw this man who will come forward and verify these stories?

No Your Honor We do not.

SO You have not convinced me. You pass around some book, you wave it around and say that it is true, but you have presented zero evidence, reasonable argument. Just saying that people believe in something does not make it true. !!!! r Get outta Here!
I don’t understand
Why should anyone convince you?

Old 05-28-2019, 06:36 AM

the best evidence we have is that we re surrounded by a system of life. that system not only influences us, it made us.

that is the best starting point we have. I will certainly listen to people that claim different. although the best I have gotten is "Thats a straw-man" or "Thats apologetic". lmao ... straw man.

so when we are starting a god/no god line of logic, thats the starting point.

only my religion saves, I don't like religion, religion hurt me, ... are such a far less valid starting point I can't believe people with IQ's over 100 start there.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:35 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I don’t understand
Why should anyone convince you?
Because convincing one person is a metaphor for convincing everyone. if you can't convince people, they will not be convinced. And the people will not believe what is not convincing and demands that they should just believe will get the ones who want them to believe nowhere. And then they will wring their hands over the increase in unbelief and wonder what they didn't do right. And you will be able to tell them.

They asked why they heck they should bother to convince anybody.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:38 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Here Ye Here Ye

We found it, Your Honor.

No, your honor.

No Your Honor

No your Honor

No Your Honor We do not.

Where you mess up is seeing the assessment of theological books as a trial.
It isn't. It's an election...and they win in a landslide.
And even if it was a trial...objective/hard evidence is not the only evidence that is presented...overwhelming indirect/anecdotal evidence and personal testimony of billions would probably sway a jury of peers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality