Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 11:52 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times

Advertisements

To each and every person out there who believes in the power of prayer, please pray for the end of world hunger.

Who will go on record to confirm that they ARE praying for the end of world hunger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 12:57 PM

3,830 posts, read 1,384,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
To each and every person out there who believes in the power of prayer, please pray for the end of world hunger.
Who will go on record to confirm that they ARE praying for the end of world hunger?
Hunger persists because MAN does not share generously from the abundance that God has blessed him with. There is more than enough food.

The scriptures state that we would always have the poor with us - it is HIS will that we should share generously accordingly.

God has provided man more than enough food for the whole world - praying to 'get out of YOUR responsibility to share' is tantamount to asking Him to turn stones to bread.
A mature intelligent person who loves God and loves his fellow man should piously pray for an increase in all mans generosity, an end to wars, AND should personally share from his abundance to a proven worthy cause.

Last edited by CCCyou; 04-24-2019 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: mi lG lfm

Old 04-24-2019, 01:27 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:

The prayer should go something like this:

"Show me what I should do to help alleviate world hunger".

I doubt there is anyone out there who thinks that just by saying prayers, starvation will go away. I know the OP doesn't.

At least I hope to hell not.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:31 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I doubt there is anyone out there who thinks that just by saying prayers, starvation will go away. I know the OP doesn't.

This!

Old 04-24-2019, 01:46 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:

The world is expected to add another billion people within the next 15 years, bringing the total global population from 7.3 billion in mid-2015 to 8.5 billion in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050, and 11.2 billion by 2100, according to new estimates from the UN.
https://www.google.com/search?q=worl...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The growing human population means that the number of humans will eventually outstrip the ability of the planet to provide food for all humans through traditional means. Praying for an end to world hunger is an exercise in futility unless science can develop Star Trek style replicators that are able to reform simple matter into forms that humans can eat and digest.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:59 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
If god could have provided manna from heaven for the Israelites , no reason why anyone should be starving now or in the future.
Just keep on praying, all you good Christians

Old 04-24-2019, 03:15 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Hunger persists because MAN does not share generously from the abundance that God has blessed him with. There is more than enough food.

The scriptures state that we would always have the poor with us - it is HIS will that we should share generously accordingly.

God has provided man more than enough food for the whole world - praying to 'get out of YOUR responsibility to share' is tantamount to asking Him to turn stones to bread.
A mature intelligent person who loves God and loves his fellow man should piously pray for an increase in all mans generosity, an end to wars, AND should personally share from his abundance to a proven worthy cause.

god had a manna factory in the sky at one point in time to feed the hungry. Why do you suppose it stopped feeding its hungry creations?

Here's a link to the bible story since most xians don't read their bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manna

dear yahweh, please start up the manna factories again. amen

Old 04-24-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

Excellent. So you will be adding the bold to your prayer list?

Old 04-24-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Jesus promised otherwise, according to the Bible. You're saying that no one believes Jesus' promise?

Old 04-24-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The world is expected to add another billion people within the next 15 years, bringing the total global population from 7.3 billion in mid-2015 to 8.5 billion in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050, and 11.2 billion by 2100, according to new estimates from the UN.
https://www.google.com/search?q=worl...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The growing human population means that the number of humans will eventually outstrip the ability of the planet to provide food for all humans through traditional means. Praying for an end to world hunger is an exercise in futility unless science can develop Star Trek style replicators that are able to reform simple matter into forms that humans can eat and digest.

If God is omnipotent and if Jesus' promise is true, then praying for the end of world hunger is anything but an exercise in futility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality