Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 06:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Your bias and prejudice is blinding you.
Against slavery? Is this a joke, or are you another person who is now going to stand up for slavery?

Old 04-03-2019, 06:27 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I can only go by what you and Jeff post. And since you represent christianity, my view of christianity has plummeted.
You would also have to be somewhat out of touch if you think that I represent Christianity. I am pro-Christian but I really don't represent it in the way you seem to think.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Against slavery? Is this a joke, or are you another person who is now going to stand up for slavery?
Bias against religion.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:30 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Translation: "Slave" = Employee.
That's exactly like saying "Marriage" = Slavery+CheapProstitution.

Paid worker means that the worker can decide to settle to buy his own chosen home and own chosen food for himself, plus extra if he so desires.

It is "just a tad" different from a slave.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
That's exactly like saying "Marriage" = Slavery+CheapProstitution.

Paid worker means that the worker can decide to settle to buy his own chosen home and own chosen food for himself, plus extra if he so desires.

It is "just a tad" different from a slave.
Yes they are different. But things were much worse in the ancient past. The master/slave economy was a standard thing. The biblical writers had to write about the current things of that world.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We are moving more towards a society of no values.
Your bias and prejudice is blinding you. But if you convert to Christianities with more Chinese influence, that would maybe not be a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Disagree. Societal values are changing.
Yes, but there are too many for such simple people to bother working to decide among, so to them it might as well be "no values." And such sheep keep breeding in large numbers. Corral, Pet, Fleece, Protect your Investment, and Sacrifice for Food. That is the job of a shepherd.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Yes they are different. But things were much worse in the ancient past. The master/slave economy was a standard thing. The biblical writers had to write about the current things of that world.
There is not really an excuse for condoning and systematically cementing slavery in Biblical ignorance.

The buyer/prostitute economy was probably more standard than slavery at the time. So was the statue/tourism economy more standard and more hated by Ancient Hebrews than slavery.

China outlawed slavery first (then it was reinstituted when that empire fell to another Chinese empire).

Was slavery really the standard thing? I feel that if I'd have to guess, 1% of the population had slaves and 2% were slaves, and 2% were dumb slave haters (aids to slaveholders by nature), and 95% were normal people.

A live-in servant is not a slave. It is not illegal to have a live-in servant.
Even a serf is not a slave.

They are just a "tad" different things.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:59 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
You would also have to be somewhat out of touch if you think that I represent Christianity. I am pro-Christian but I really don't represent it in the way you seem to think.
To people who read your posts, you are a representative of christianity.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
There is not really an excuse for condoning and systematically cementing slavery in Biblical ignorance.

The buyer/prostitute economy was probably more standard than slavery at the time. So was the statue/tourism economy more standard and more hated by Ancient Hebrews than slavery.

China outlawed slavery first (then it was reinstituted when that empire fell to another Chinese empire).

Was slavery really the standard thing? I feel that if I'd have to guess, 1% of the population had slaves and 2% were slaves, and 2% were dumb slave haters (aids to slaveholders by nature), and 95% were normal people.

A live-in servant is not a slave. It is not illegal to have a live-in servant.
Even a serf is not a slave.

They are just a "tad" different things.
But the fact that it was written about meant that it was a part of that society. Even though it is considered evil today.

Can you image a similar letter being written today? It's a different world.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:00 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
I would like you to post the following:

I, poster Ozzy, state that any form of slavery is always wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality