Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 10:04 PM

50,469 posts, read 24,054,533 times

Advertisements

To Ozzy and Jeff:

There's something I'd like you to think about...but I doubt that you will. I don't have much confidence in you. But...surprise me!

Both of you are sort of throwing a forum temper tantrum. And do you know why? Because you...and your opinions about religion...appear to be not in the majority on this part of the forum.

But think about it. Atheists in this country are a small minority. Buddhists in this country are a small minority. Mormons in this country are a small minority. Orthodox Christians and Jehovah Witnesses in this country are a small minority. Jews and Muslims in this country are a small minority. Hindus in this country are a small minority.

And now, in this one place -- this one sub-forum -- you are in the minority. How does it feel? Apparently, based on what you've said here today and tonight, you're pretty frustrated. You feel attacked. You feel put down.

Now you may have just a little bit on an idea how it feels to be a religious minority in this country. Except for us, it's everyday and everywhere...except perhaps in this one sub-forum.

I don't think either of you have an iota of empathy in you, but if I'm wrong...just think how we are made to feel everyday, every week, every month, every year in our own country.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,576,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I am referring to everyday people. You are talking about a political thing. I promise you the followers of Jesus have never been a part of any political machine, unless you count pawns. Never once.
Really? Does Falwell Jr. know about this?

Old 04-04-2019, 10:19 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,576,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I have never ONCE asked an atheist a direct question and got a response. They only care about putting the Christian on the defense. It is just a game to them. And I will continue to expose their ugly lies and games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Jeff, ask me anything you like and I will answer, fully and honesty. The only thing I will not answer is anything that will reveal my identity.
You can add me to that list, Jeff. Ask away.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:48 PM

10,077 posts, read 5,709,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To Ozzy and Jeff:

There's something I'd like you to think about...but I doubt that you will. I don't have much confidence in you. But...surprise me!

Both of you are sort of throwing a forum temper tantrum. And do you know why? Because you...and your opinions about religion...appear to be not in the majority on this part of the forum.

But think about it. Atheists in this country are a small minority. Buddhists in this country are a small minority. Mormons in this country are a small minority. Orthodox Christians and Jehovah Witnesses in this country are a small minority. Jews and Muslims in this country are a small minority. Hindus in this country are a small minority.

And now, in this one place -- this one sub-forum -- you are in the minority. How does it feel? Apparently, based on what you've said here today and tonight, you're pretty frustrated. You feel attacked. You feel put down.

Now you may have just a little bit on an idea how it feels to be a religious minority in this country. Except for us, it's everyday and everywhere...except perhaps in this one sub-forum.

I don't think either of you have an iota of empathy in you, but if I'm wrong...just think how we are made to feel everyday, every week, every month, every year in our own country.
I've dealt with atheists dominating the forums for many years. This is nothing new. I just can't stand rude arrogant people and your posts (which are mostly garbage) comes off with such tones. My tolerance eventually runs thin.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:10 PM

50,469 posts, read 24,054,533 times
Quote:
I've dealt with atheists dominating the forums for many years. This is nothing new. I just can't stand rude arrogant people and your posts (which are mostly garbage) comes off with such tones. My tolerance eventually runs thin.
As I said, you lack any empathy at all for people with different viewpoints than your own.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,822,485 times
Quote:
You know what,I'm done with you. You refuse to answer my question and just ping pong back to the same tired arguments. You did not quote me directly saying I approve of slavery. But your kind will never apologize and never admit to be wrong. EVER. Consider this my last post to you. FOREVER.
Congratulations petunia. You have risen to the exulted position of being one of the many of us that Jeff put on ignore when we backed him into a corner. It's rather nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
So you even admit it, that you were not accused of approving slavery, even though you tried to justify
it as far as the bible is concerned.
So, what's your beef?
Isn't this what' called a "flounce"? Like when you have no adequate reply so you just throw it off?
That is exactly what a 'flounce' is.

Quote:
Would love to see them just once be outnumbered by Christians 12 to 1. They would crumple like Dollar Tree tissue paper. lol
Try us

Quote:
I know. In fairness, I think in some sense they probably have been outnumbered many times. But they were never outnumbered by Christians in the way that they probably think they have been.
Well gentlemen. Go to the Christian forum, gather your forces and bring them here. We are ready for you.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,822,485 times
Quote:
Why? So we can be harassed there too? Your ilk has taken over that forum too.
I've never insulted anyone. I simply describe them accurately.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:41 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,685,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
It is a pretty great area.

I want to thank you for being reasonable with respect to the motives and character of atheists. We are not a pack if corrupt, evil things as Jeff seems to think, we are simply people who do not agree with theists on the question of god. Thanks for understanding that, and being willing to speak up.
Neither do I think atheists are saints!! But then again---neither are theists. The thing that is most blatantly disgusting is to lump a group of people into being all bad or all good based on belief or unbelief. Not even all fundamentalists are like that. My sister is a fundamentalist and has a good heart despite her spiritual paralysis.

And you owe me no thanks. The greatest compliment I ever got was from my son when he was a young teenager. In a Sunday School class the teacher, a deacon and a friend, was trying to explain how people treat other people differently based on their social, financial, or political status. My son spoke up to the teacher and held his hand out steady. He said, "Not my dad. He treats everyone he meets exactly the same." It was perhaps the greatest compliment I ever received because it meant he perceived my character from my actions.

Now someone can lose my respect, but no one has to earn it. If theists wish for atheists to listen to what they say, then they should take the first step and listen to atheists. And I don't listen to disagree, I listen to think more carefully. I believe God loves you as an unbeliever EQUALLY as much as He loves me as a believer.

Nones are gaining rapidly because there are far too few "thoughtful" Christians. Too many of us think it is our job to "protect" God from attack. Since I know Him as the Almighty in my life, I know there is nothing I can do to protect God. He didn't even protect Himself when He walked among us.

And winning by losing is something atheists don't get. Then again, very, very few "believers" get it either.

Change of subject:
I'm getting ready to move from Colorado back east to Tennessee where I've never lived before. Someone told me that the area of Tennessee we are moving into gets more rain than the Pacific NW---EXCEPT it gets it over fewer days. I may get to see some downpours of "biblical" proportions! I remember as a H.S. student in Vancouver that the January we arrived it rained (or mostly misted) for 92 straight days. After H.S. I went into the MC (Vietnam era) and got stationed on Okinawa first where we promptly had 131 straight days of rain. My senior NCO told me Okinawa had two rainy seasons and they were both six months long!

Anyway, all that to say Washington State along the coast is one of the great beauties of North America, and I wish I could afford to move there. Yet I suspect Tennessee is in much more need of a reasonable theist than is Washington State! You lucky atheist, you! Both for living there and not having to worry about me show up!

Old 04-05-2019, 04:26 AM

16,634 posts, read 4,918,942 times
Quote:
One thing you will NOT get with atheists is maturity. That is the one thing that most of them seem to lack.
Ironic childish name calling.

You are a natural comedian.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:27 AM

16,634 posts, read 4,918,942 times
Quote:
Or God is all knowing, but in a construct that is beyond human capacity of understanding. Tell me, can you comprehend a being that always was/is? No, the human mind needs a beginning and ending.
Ok, so free will does NOT exist. Please make up your mind. Free will or an all knowing god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.