Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 05:55 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Our vanished "atheist" pal Vic would agree with you. No matter how bad it is, it's all part of God's plan and so, therefore "Good".

I see Jeff is resorting to dubious old videos as 'evidence' again.
And you proved my point again about auto-rejecting evidence. So personal testimony doesn't count, doctor testimony doesn't count, lab and test results don't count and now not even videos. Gee what is left? Only something I can reproduce in a test tube? Naw, you would find a way to reject that too.

Hopefully people can see through the veneer of atheism and realize that they put up all these barriers because they are terrified of the possibility that God is real. The vast majority of other people have no problem accepting such evidences.

The sick reality is atheists find fulfillment in life by trashing Christians and ONLY Christians. It is a flat out lie that an atheist wants evidence for God. In a meaningless hollow life, I guess they think it gives them a purpose.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:13 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Yes, I'll admit people on here do anger me because I can't stand arrogant pompous rude behavior or ego stroking and people who look down on others. Jesus was also angry at people like that and chased them out of the temple. He wasn't a pushover by any means. You come here talking lies and trash about my faith then expect me to fight back.

And it is the epitome of arrogance to sit here and judge my character when you don't know jack about me or my experiences. Take that garbage elsewhere.

Well all else fails and it quickly does with atheists, you just resort to ad hominem attacks, something that should never be in the tool belt of a well educated man. If you respond one more time attacking me personally and directly, you will be permanently blocked.
Well Jeff, you don't know "jack" about us, either. Yet you make a lot of judgements, as well.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:15 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:

Yes, I'll admit people on here do anger me because I can't stand arrogant pompous rude behavior or ego stroking and people who look down on others. Jesus was also angry at people like that and chased them out of the temple. He wasn't a pushover by any means. You come here talking lies and trash about my faith then expect me to fight back.

And it is the epitome of arrogance to sit here and judge my character when you don't know jack about me or my experiences. Take that garbage elsewhere.

Well all else fails and it quickly does with atheists, you just resort to ad hominem attacks, something that should never be in the tool belt of a well educated man. If you respond one more time attacking me personally and directly, you will be permanently blocked.
I agree with this. From now I will post whenever I feel like it. I don't have to answer every post addressed to me.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:30 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
And you proved my point again about auto-rejecting evidence. So personal testimony doesn't count, doctor testimony doesn't count, lab and test results don't count and now not even videos. Gee what is left? Only something I can reproduce in a test tube? Naw, you would find a way to reject that too.

Hopefully people can see through the veneer of atheism and realize that they put up all these barriers because they are terrified of the possibility that God is real. The vast majority of other people have no problem accepting such evidences.

The sick reality is atheists find fulfillment in life by trashing Christians and ONLY Christians. It is a flat out lie that an atheist wants evidence for God. In a meaningless hollow life, I guess they think it gives them a purpose.
We don't reject the evidence - we only rejecting you unreasonably adducing it as evidence of your position when it doesn't. If you produced something convincing, I'd accept it. I'll cite ONE example when a claim was made that the Dead sea scrolls supported the reading of the Septuagint (upon which the NT quotes of the OT seem to be based)
. I checked (not all is available online, and is not complete anyway) but I found this was supported and thus dropped my argument that The NT quotes of the OT were incorrect. That was a significant thing to drop, but I dropped it, because - evidence.

But what you do is deny what the Bible says - slavery in the Bible is not 'paying off debts'. Cancer remission cannot be immediately interpreted as being down to the power of prayer, claims of healings in an evangelical brocure are proof of nothing, no more than those dubious videos you were so fond of trotting out and I see one appearing again.

You have nothing of substance and we say so. You get angry and dish out a lot of accusations. But you are the one being unreasonable. We are no more bothered by the possibility of the Christian god existing than you are bothered by the idea of the Muslim god existing.

But the Christian Church does exist, and something has to be done about it. It so happens that, to rol it back, it's claims have to be shown to be untenable. Which in fact they are.

And so are yours.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I agree with this. From now I will post whenever I feel like it. I don't have to answer every post addressed to me.
You and jeff are indeed kindred spirits. How nice that you have found each other.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:27 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well Jeff, you don't know "jack" about us, either. Yet you make a lot of judgements, as well.
No problem, phetaroi, you, Transponder and others, have plenty of company. jeff blocks Christians like me when we show up his bible "knowledge" as a crock.

jeff
1) Knows nothing about atheists
2) Knows nothing about Jesus followers
3) Knows nothing about science, and
4) Knows nothing about Jesus

jeff does "know" he is a poor persecuted son of a gun!

Somebody quote this post with a comment so that he can see it!

P.S. the people Jesus ran out of the Temple were religious people who were getting a cut of the "sacrifice" pie. Probably had to cut a share of their earnings with the Temple priests.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:

Remember in this thread you accused us all of attacking Christians when we were explain the incorrect use of the word of atheists by a AGNOSTIC JEW.

You have called other religions false and their supports liars.we have on this forum pointed out errors of Muslims as well as disagree with MysticPhD on whatever his long winded sermons are about.

You have also called liberal Christians atheists because they don't intrepete the Bible the way you do.

You have repeatedly claimed that atheists cannot love or care and that our life's are meaningless and worthless.

Ignore all of us you wnat, that is your right. But that does not make your claims and assertions correct or respectful.

I love my wife and family and no amount of your claims I can't really love change that. My life as had meaning to myself and others. I have been told by several of our trouble foster children that I made a difference in their life when they needed it and no amount of your bashing of atheists will change that.

I came to this site in an attempt to understand how the mind and beliefs of Bible Believers work, they are a very rare breed around where I live. I won't upset you by stating what I learnt. . On these forums I have met some very nice Christians, Muslims and atheists. And some not so nice. Some of your fellow Bible Believers have made claims that atheists cannot have morals but you are the only one to have claimed that I cannot love my wife, even though we have had a wonderful faithful and happy marriage of over 4 decades. You say we attack you without knowing you but how can you claim that, without knowing me that I cannot truly love my wife or have a meaningful life?

I suppose you will put me in your ignore list thinking that this is an attack. If you do please have the decency of informing me so I can do the same.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No problem, phetaroi, you, Transponder and others, have plenty of company. jeff blocks Christians like me when we show up his bible "knowledge" as a crock.

jeff

P.S. the people Jesus ran out of the Temple were religious people who were getting a cut of the "sacrifice" pie. Probably had to cut a share of their earnings with the Temple priests.
Jeff is not alone, Warden. His problem is endemic to the fundamentalist Christian Dogma.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
I'll post whatever I think about science any way I please. If I'm wrong, prove it.
Oh that's the simplest thing in the world to prove. It is proven by the fact that, every waking second of your day, you trust science implicitly, from driving your car to heating your micro-wave meal to taking a headache pill. The only time you don't trust it is when it screws up your superstitious beliefs. There is the proof of your double standards.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

jeff

Odd. Jeff has never blocked me. We obviously disagree. He probably gets really frustrated with me. But I think he doesn't see me as not being straight with him or just insulting him - which i try not to do, or do, respectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality